1966 Shelby Cobra 427
Sale price: $44,500.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||BMW Silver Pearl with Black Racing Stripes under clear coat|
|Engine:||351 Windsor (Built)|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1966 Shelby Cobra 427 for sale
Replica of 1966 Shelby Cobra Short Track. Featured in July 2004 issue of Kit Car Magazine.
This vehicle was the show car with all the “bells and whistles. ”
· 4 x 4 inside diameter square stock steel.
· 4 x 4 rectangular outriggers - steel design with X member between frame rails to eliminate diagonal stress on the car.
· Steel floor welded under chassis for additional 4” of leg room.
· Gusseted corners steel welded.
· 4 x 4” slotted drive shaft cradle.
· 4 link heavy duty coil overs rear end.
· 4 wheel disc brakes.
· Mustang II front end.
· Ididit steering suspension column.
· Original Moto Lita wood rim steering wheel.
· Six Faria gauges.
· Reconfigured shifter.
· QA1 coil over fully adjustable chrome shocks.
· Body made of hand-laid fiberglass over Coremat. Return lips on all fenders and body openings BMW silver pearl with black racing stripes below clear coat.
· Underside of hood and surroundings finished like rest of body.
· Exhaust and side pipes powder coated silver chrome (very loud).
· Underside detailed like top side.
· Chromed 3-point roll bar
· Extensive chrome in engine bay
· 5 point racing harness
· P225/60/16; P295/50/16
· AC-III bolt on rims with knockoffs.
· Tremec 5-speed transmission.
· Heavy duty Ford racing clutch pressure plate and throw out bearings.
· 9” ford rear end with Detroit locker Tru Track rear end positraction.
· Presently has 350 rear end; 456 extra.
· Completely surrounded in aluminum. firewall and transmission tunnel.
· Front end shrouded for all air entering goes through radiator and oil cooler.
· Griffin 4 pass aluminum radiator.
· Electric fan puller type.
· Stainless steel side vents.
· 351 Windsor
· Rousch C. I. heads
· 305 Cam
· Built by Indy Mustang
· Carburetor 750 Holly Double Pumpe
· Blaster 2 coil
· Custom. hand-fabricated tall valve covers
· Remote oil cooler
· All braided high pressure hoses
· MSD ignition system and distributor.
· Ford racing wires
· Pulstar plugs
· K&N air filter assembly
· Electric fuel pump
· BBK underdrive pulley set
· Completely enclosed in aluminum
· Optima Battery
· Closing sounds like bank vault – very solid.
This is my wife's car since 2005. We are the first owners. It has been lovingly taken care of. there are no caveats or excuses. it is in perfect condition. It was never raced or abused.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Shelby cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $64,990.001968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Supercharged
price: $64,900.001968 Ford Mustang - FASTBACK SHELBY ELEANOR GT500E-SLICK-NICE PAINT-
price: $47,500.001966 Shelby MidStates
price: $536.001966 Shelby Cobra by everett morrison
|1965 Shelby MKII||1||$37,900.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$54,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Factory Five Racing||4||$29,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra 427 ERA||3||$64,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$37,995.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$35,995.00|
|1968 Shelby GT500 --||12||$155,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Backdraft RT3 Replica||21||$69,450.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Mark II FACTORY FIVE RACE CAR||4||$US $21,500.00|
|1969 Shelby GT350||16||$US $35,400.00|
|1965 Shelby ford||8||$28,900.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||19||$US $25,000.00|
|1968 Shelby GT 350||21||$62,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$39,995.00|
|1964 Shelby Daytona Coupe Dan Rose Special||21||$64,995.00|
|1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Supercharged||12||$64,990.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 GT500||21||$128,995.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 Factory Air Conditioning||21||$106,995.00|
|1967 Shelby GT500 CSS Continuation Series||21||$299,995.00|