1951 Chevrolet Other Pickups 3100
Sale price: $12,950.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Interior Color:||Red Patina|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1951 Chevrolet Other Pickups 3100 for sale
Current customer rating: (16 votes) based on
Original 216 engine with 4 Speed on the floor. Engine block # BJCA743931
Number Matching engine to title Originally Sold in 9-26-1951Previous owner purchased in 1970Based on a little info from neighbors the truck sat in the garage for over 20 years. During that time the owner painted the entire truck two coats of primer and started a cosmetic restoration. He detailed the engine bay as its seen today. No info on if he did any mechanical work to the engine. I bought it from the owner to get it back on the road.
- upgraded to 12 volt - converted to alternator. 12 Volt battery. 12 volt coil.
- electric wipers - with added switch
- both main gauges cleaned up and reworked- supplemental Amp / fuel gauge added
- new wiring harness. tip to toe - even the cigarette lighter works!
- engine refreshed by PO. clean up and repainted. Unsure of original miles.
- new beetle kill pine bed - several coats of urethane for protection
- new front and rear shocks
- custom one of a kind paint / patina
- new heater control because the heater actually WORKS- original floor foot start still active. Fires up every time - Choke is hooked up but throttle cable isn't. - new emergency brake cable added- rear axels seals redone and new shoes- front shoes and wheel cylinders replaced
- no rips in the seat. NOT ONE
- vent windows work
- new glovebox lock with key!!
- yep all 4 hub caps
- yes all the lights work. even the dome light and new blinker set up -
- high and low beam head lights. so cool
- new weather seal around doors - also new windlass
- new window felt runner
- horn works
- original non rusted floors
I tell ya this old guy has it all. Now that being said it is an OLD truck so please don't expect to drive it on the highway at 75 mikes and hour and stop on a dime. not gonna happen. If thats what you're looking for. please keep looking.
If you are looking for a great weekender. home depot assistant. coffee getter. and many thumbs up then this one is the one for you.
NO RUST / BONDO IN THE CAB CORNERS!!!
I did find some bondo in the drivers front fender and a bit in the backs of the rear fenders.
PAINTI started sanding the heavy coats of primer and this is the look I went with. You can still see sanding marks small dents and dings. In some cases i sanded done to bare metal but decided to leave it exposed. great look. As mentioned I did find a few areas bondo. I repainted these areas and then applied several coats of semi clear. Great vintage look.
This old truck is so good. I've seen a few of these and this one rocks! No question!!
Great shape. had been sitting inside for at least 15 years under 2 heavy coats of primer. As original as I've seen. All body panels look like they actually belong to this truck back in 1951.
What doesn't work / misc info
- original gas gauge - replacement added- amp gauge - replacement added
- as with most old trucks there were a few attempts in the past to install mirrors on the doors. - roof shows the most wear and tear. Obviously had some heavy surface rust from 1st owner so there was lots of rust proofing paint added by PO after he sanded it. - floor boards are ok. some holes for sure but I felt like they were good enough. - frame looks like it had coat of paint
Whats cool about it: Everything.
Honest seller looking for honest buyer!
Now for all the icky stuff:
- I will assist out of state buyers and transport companies.
- CASH IS KING. NO PAYMENTS. TRADES for CASH ONLY! - 500$ deposit and cash or approved wire transfer before it leaves. Located in Denver. Co- current for sale locally so I reserve the right to end auction at any time.
Title is currently clean and open.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $45,999.002008 Porsche 911
price: $27,899.002008 Honda S2000
price: $26,500.002009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Custom 4x4
price: $US $40,000.002014 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe Shelby GT500
|2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata MX-5 MIATA GRAND TOURING CONVERTIBLE||13||$10,999.00|
|2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL HTD LEATHER SUNROOF NAV||21||$16,480.00|
|1995 Jaguar XJS||12||$8,995.00|
|1929 Ford Model A||15||$35,995.00|
|1997 Ford F-250 XL 2dr 4WD Standard Cab LB HD||18||$5,900.00|
|2008 Subaru WRX||12||$22,995.00|
|2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport **Super Charged**||16||$16,996.00|
|2013 Ford E-Series Van||7||$19,750.00|
|2013 Subaru Other Limited||12||$18,942.00|
|1997 Mercedes-Benz 600-Series S600||21||$12,995.00|
|2001 Volvo V70 --||12||$4,975.00|
|2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500||3||$10,800.00|
|2015 Ford Taurus SHO||4||$26,788.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Traverse FWD 4dr LS w/1LS||11||$30,017.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT||12||$37,589.00|
|2012 Maserati Gran Turismo C Sport||4||$65,900.00|
|1986 Jeep Cherokee Laredo||19||$US $4,950.00|
|2017 Ford F-150 ROUSH F-150||20||$73,977.00|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300||1||$34,690.00|
|2010 Ford F-250 XLT 4x4 SuperCab LB 6.4L Diesel 4X4 Deleted||21||$24,995.00|