Beauford Open Tourer
Sale price: £10,000.00 make an offer
Car location: Bolney, West Sussex, United KingdomSale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
She is a series 2 Beauford and was built and registered in 1998 by an associate of mine (being the only former keeper) who restored vintage Lagondas and provided them for my wedding car company. I bought his Beauford 14 years ago as an addition to my wedding car fleet. The car has always been garaged and always been chamois dried before being put away if it got wet.
Having had the car since virtually new I'll start with listing all the bad bits and niggles that I know:
1. A new petrol tank was fitted some 10 years ago which could do with a rub down and paint. This was painted in hammerite when new
2. There is a small scratch on the nearside rear wing
3. There are small scratches on the rear nearside and offside panels where a chauffeur did not take care putting the roof frame down
4. Both front doors (which are mini doors) have had bubbling under the paint since I've had the car. This has not not worse and is probably caused by some dirt when they were painted
5. Both front doors could do with realigning
6. There is a teeny stone chip on the front of the nearside front wing
7. The driver's door window ratchet needs replacing as it clicks when you wind the window up - you have to pull the glass by hand at the same time
8. The drivers seat rake winder requires refitting
9. The windscreen wipers are slow and only 1 speed
10. The fuel guage shows full when empty and only registers with half a tank
11. The amps guage shows minus when charging and vice versa
12. A new speedo cable is required
13. The wood door trims could do with a light sand and revarnish
14. The hood is a bit faded. but otherwise in very good condition
15. The klaxon horn has stopped working so I have fitted another horn inside the engine bay
Please come and view the car if any of the above concerns you.
The donor car was a T reg (1979 I think) Ford Cortina. but this car was built with the 2. 8 litre straight 6 Nissan engine and 5 speed gearbox which is a dream. As can be seen from the pictures the car has proper wire wheels with knock off hubs and the split screen windscreen.
The exterior has always been kept cleaned and polished and the leather interior has been regularly connolised.
All six tyres have plenty of tread
The speedo shows 51491 miles. but in all honesty I have no idea how many miles the engine has done. All I know is that she runs and sounds great and has never let me down.
The car is currently on SORN and has no MOT. I will get a new MOT for the car and I will tax the car at the new owners expense if required.
I am leaving the private number plate on the car.
I have started the bidding at well below what I would like to with no reserve - but the car just lies in the garage covered up.
Please ask any questions. contact me if you would like to view and ask if you would like any specific photos of the car.
No time wasters please and please contact me first if you have less than 10 feedback otherwise I will remove your bid - sorry.
I require a £500 deposit via paypal within 48 hours of the auction end and cleared funds on collection.
Many thanks and Happy New Year.
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Kenny, dated 07 april 2017
Hi This may be a long shot, but is the Beaufiord still for sale
from Laura, dated 11 october 2016
Hi, my name is Laura and i m writing transating from my friend with is really interessed to the car. 10.000£ is fine. Could u please contact me at +447447443492.
from Darius, dated 07 may 2014
Is this car still available?
from Vlad, dated 07 may 2014
I am interested in your car as you can see it?
Please answer on my email.
Other classic Beauford cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £19,950.002008 Silver
price: £14,995.00BEAUFORD SERIES 3 Wedding Car for sale
price: £21,500.00BEAUFORD CAR CONVERTIBLE
price: £10,000.00Beauford Open Tourer
|Beauford Series 3 Open Tourer 2.0L Pinto Auto||9||£10,500.00|
|Beauford Open Tourer||12||£10,000.00|
|1998 Beauford open tourer series 3||11||£5,978.00|
|BEAUFORD SERIES 3 Wedding Car for sale||9||£14,995.00|
|Badsworth Wedding Car (model A replica) Not Bramwith or Beauford||6||£18,500.00|
|1975 BEAUFORD TOURER CREAM - Great wedding car - available from January 12th||5||£9,500.00|
|BEAUFORD CAR CONVERTIBLE||7||£21,500.00|
|1980 Beauford Series 3 4 Door Wedding Car||12||£18,995.00|