1983 Porsche 928 S
Sale price: $5,750.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1983 Porsche 928 S for sale
This auction is for a 1983 928S.
All photos and videos were taken 6/17/2017.
This vehicle is a daily driver and is ideal for the person looking for a 928 to drive while they fix all the little things.
I just drove this vehicle from Michigan to Vermont and back over Memorial Weekend - a trip of over 1300 miles.
Backstory: I purchased the vehicle about a year ago. It had been in storage for six years and driven very little prior to that since 2003. Over the fall and winter I drained and washed out the fuel tank. installed a new fuel strainer. fuel filter. fuel pump. eight new injectors. spark plugs. distributor cap. and rotor. Started right up.
It also has a new timing belt. ignition control module. tires. front wheel bearings. and brakes all around.
In a nutshell. once the vehicle was drivable and spring got here. I drove it back-and-forth to work for about a month clocking around 500 miles. Once I was confident with it. I took it on the Vermont trip.
So. all the maintenance items listed above have been done within the last 2000 miles or so.
During the trip the odometer died about 200 miles in. When I got back I pulled the cluster and found the odometer gear that always breaks had broken. I replaced it. and the odometer works once again.
- Strong runner. Starts easily (see video) and has used less than 1/4 quart of oil in the last 2500 miles.
- Drives and handles nice. No strange noises. clunks. squeaks. or rattles.
- A/C works
- Cruise control works
- Windows work
- Power locks work
- Driver's seat is powered and works well in all directions.
- No rust
- Left rear quarter panel has a scrape and ding (see photo).
- Lower part of right front fender has a crease in it (see photo).
- Scratch along passenger door (see photo) which was had to photograph due to the high gloss level of the paint.
- Though it has some dings and scratches and numerous stone chips on the hood (see photos). the overall finish is nice and shines up well as can be seen in the reflections in the photos.
- A blast to drive in the city or on the highway.
What it needs if desired:
- The volts gauge doesn't work but the warning indicator does and the charging system works fine.
- The plastic windshield washer pump hose fittings in the hood are broke.
- The left side fitting on the rear hatch for the strut is broken off so since the hatch only has one strut. it won't stay up on it's own.
- The window switches are sticky. Sometimes you have to monkey with them to get the windows up and down.
- The right rear seat is missing a section which can be seen in the photos.
- The remainder of the seats are in good shape with minimal to no tears. However. it looks like they used to be tan and someone dyed them black except for the driver seat. The dye is wearing off so they have this multi-colored effect.
- No spare tire or standard tool kit.
- The fuel tank sending unit goes into the top of the tank and I think it needs a new seal and securing ring. I know the ring is cracked and if you fill the tank as full as you can get it. you'll sometimes get a fuel odor in the car.
- The right side stereo speakers will drop out now and then.
- There are various other little nit-noid things like some of the louvers are missing from the passenger door vent. The climate control switch knobs are broke and will pull out if not gentle with them. The knob is missing from the passenger side arm rest. someone dyed the horn pad in the steering wheel and it has a tendency to flake off.
- I don't know if the power antenna works or not as I don't have it hooked up to the radio. I only use satellite radio so it wasn't a top priority for me.
Obviously it's 34 years old but overall it's a very confident and honest vehicle.
See a short video of morning cold start here: See the product in action.
See a short video of a run down the street here: See the product in action.
Please email with any questions.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Porsche cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $15,000.001984 Porsche 911
price: $155,000.001972 Porsche 911 911 E
price: $14,900.001976 PORSCHE 912E SILVER WITH BLACK RUNS GOOD DAILY DRIVER CHEAP PORSCHE!!
price: $28,585.00Porsche : 911
|1987 Porsche 944||9||$7,500.00|
|1988 Porsche 911||12||$US $34,900.00|
|1969 Porsche 912 Targa||4||$56,995.00|
|1955 Porsche 550 Spyder||12||$34,998.00|
|1958 Porsche 356||12||$67,500.00|
|1986 Porsche 944 Coupe --||12||$19,995.00|
|1988 Porsche 911||4||$144,995.00|
|1982 Porsche 924 TURBO||12||$2,950.00|
|1987 Porsche 924||12||$US $5,200.00|
|1988 Porsche 930 Turbo||19||$100,000.00|
|1975 Porsche 914||13||$US $511.00|
|1979 Porsche 930 Slantnose||21||$59,900.00|
|1982 Porsche 928||16||$21,000.00|
|1986 Porsche 930||20||$US $40,100.00|
|1983 Porsche 930 911||12||$38,911.00|
|1983 Porsche 944||16||$US $175.00|
|1987 Porsche 944||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1972 Porsche 914 914-4||21||$US $4,800.00|
|1967 Porsche 912||12||$54,995.00|
|1987 Porsche 944||12||$US $2,000.00|