1976 Cadillac Eldorado
Sale price: $US $6,666.66 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Interior Color:||Antique Light Buckskin|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1976 Cadillac Eldorado for sale
1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
Unique Color Combination. Quality Cloth Top. Low Mileage. Parade Boot. Much Original.
1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
Want to see 211 Hi-Res Photos? Contact Chad at 330-353-1750
Current owner bought Cadillac from an Ohio Highline car dealership in 2015. This is a great example of an Eldorado that has been left pretty much original. with owner spending the money to maintain and keep it as designed. and built without taking short cuts. It has received a typical re-coating of the paint. Ten plus years ago the owner had a car like this that was not in nearly this good of condition which we sold for him. He decided a couple years ago he wanted to find one in nice mostly original condition. so around a year ago he started us on a mission to try and find a really nice. appropriate Cadillac Eldorado. We found one. and while he really loves it he found he just doesn't have the time to enjoy it like he thought he would.
* 3 sets of keys
* New high quality Kenwood sound system with remote
* Includes Hard Parade Boot
* Tilt and Telescope wheel
* Factory A. M. / F. M. stereo
* 8 track radio
* Climate control
* Dual 6 way seats
* Rear defroster
* Sentinel lights
* Power windows
* Power locks
* Illuminated vanity mirrors
* Lamp monitors
* Delay wipers
* Window stickers and bill of sale
Buyer are required- To do their own research to verify the researched codes below are correct.
67= 2 Door Convertible
S= 500 V8
Q= Detroit MI
114315= Unit Production
91= Amberlite Firemist
642= Antique Lt. Buckskin Leather
* The paint is extremely smooth. shiny. well polished out. and matches well all the way around.
* You will not see any orange peel. as the finishing of the final detailing. of paint has been very professionally done.
* The stripe appears to be painted on. If it is a taped stripe it may have been cleared over because it really appears extremely neat. The stripe has nice crisp lines however it was done.
* Sometime during it's life the car did receive a very nice high quality repaint. This is very common as so many of the older lacquer paint jobs would often wear off from polishing. or dry out and develop cracking in later years.
* It would be our guess that the plastic fillers which often crack may have been replaced at some time. because we do not see any obvious indications of them being damaged or cracked. We do not see any wordage above the rear taillights indicating that they are a factory piece. being replaced is certainly a very positive thing on these cars.
* We have no knowledge of the age. or the type of paint.
* We found a few nicks on most panels. on which many have been lightly brush touched . (See pics)
* There is slight scratch where the drivers door. and hood come together. Which is very common as it is a very difficult area to keep alined.
* There is a small scrape on the back of the trunk. that could possibly be buffed out. (See pics)
* At a particular angle in certain lighting. you will notice the plastic fillers that run between the fenders. and the bumpers are a non- metallic item. They always seem to take the paint differently and are a shade off.
* Because the door jams where still in great condition. they where not touched during the repaint. You will notice a slight difference.
* On the rear quarters as they wrap up toward the roof you can see (in bright florescent light) a circular area where the finish may have taken a little differently.
* There is a little bit of flaw in the paint where the chrome above the grill fastens onto the hood and along the edge. (See pics)
* The car does have the optional hard boot vs. vinyl for over the lowered convertible top.
* The body of the car is in beautiful condition. in terms of it being very straight and pretty much just as you would have expected it to look when it was almost new. It certainly shows that in the process of getting it ready to paint. someone had professionally prepared it to receive the paint. If there where any repairs to be preformed they where expertly done.
* We do not see any dents in the car.
* All of the gaps seems to be fairly appropriate without any extremely off tolerances anywhere.
Paint gauge and Magnet-
* In taking several random readings of the paint depth on each panel of the car with a paint gauge. it appears to be much of the thickness that you would expect a good quality repaint to be applied. The top surfaces of the hood and the trunk are mostly in the readings of 10-14 mils of paint. and the sides are typically more in the 8-12 mils range. It is very typical for the top paint to be a little thicker.
* The paint seems consistent all the way around. We will indicate that the left rear quarter measured out that it might have had a couple minor dent repairs at sometime in its life.
* The bottoms of the fenders. quarters. and doors don't show any drastically higher readings. which would indicate rust perforation repair. (Thought we can not be 100 percent sure of anything)
* Look inside the doors as well as the pictures of the underside. It looks like the cars was undercoated. and rust proofed when it was new or sometime earlier in its life. and probably why it has held up so well over the years.
Chrome and Bright work-
* All of the proper exterior bright work on the car appears to be in place as it should. and looks secured properly.
* The stainless and chrome around the window areas is all in good condition.
* When the cars where built new there was a little plastic shiny piece that wrapped around the rear fillers. Those pieces often don't survive very long. and they are not on the car.
* The aluminum could always be polished with a little elbow grease. but is in good condition with the exception of a little bubbling and light scratching on the piece in front of the mirrors. (see pics)
* The front and rear bumpers. door handles. and mirrors all seem to be solid and in good place. The chrome has lost some of its reflective quality. The front bumper has deteriorated more on the top side piece. as well as the top of the door handles. (See pics)
* The drivers door handle and door button is just a touch lose and needs tightened. it is barely noticeable but does exist.
* All the glass is very clear without discoloring. delamination. wiper marks. cracks. bull-eyes. or deep scratches.
* The windows on the sides could very well be original glass. They are LOF safely Flo-lite(all four trademarks look to be the same).
* If you look closely the drivers door glass has some vertical light scratches that were typical with window track designs in these days. (See pics)
* The front glass is also Lof. and without bull-eyes or wear. It would be our guess this windshield was replaced not to many years ago.
* The rear window is “star” glass. We are not familiar with what they used when manufactured it may have been changed with the top.
* While we do not know its age at some point an owner had done away with a lesser quality thin vinyl top that where used in the day. and opted for more the type of cloth they typically use on high line European cars.
* The coloring all appears very even without any obvious fading spots. and the stitching all appears to be intact all the way around.
* The top is nice and soft as it would typically be.
* The top is a power roof with a glass rear window. and a rear defroster unit in the glass.
* The top is pulled nice and tight. and has a little waviness in the sides. That is typical with most tops and likely to straighten its self out when left up out in the sun. and in temperature changes. This top was just put up before pictures were taken. (See pics)
* Though this interior is not perfect I was very impressed with the condition of what appears to be an all pretty much original interior. So many of these cars the interior was not taken care of. and would crack and sustain damage. The carpets. seating. and door panels are typically replaced. and very seldom does it look correct or original. Without them being original equipment exact fits. and a lot of times the seats are only redone in vinyl. not real leather.
* The leather seats are still pretty soft. and you'll notice the upholstered areas are not damaged. You will notice the typical sun damage. and the lighting of colors on the seats and steering wheel covers.
* I think with some re-padding of the drivers seat. and some light coloring and attention to detail and cleaning you could have a desired type seating that a lot of Eldorado owners wish they still had.
* The black paint on the convertible top metal mechanism is all in very nice condition with very little wear. The headliner might have a little dust. but other than that it is in very good condition! (See pics)
* The visors have good color. and are solid and not broken down. The illuminated mirror does work on the passenger side. but the little door will not stay shut when down.
* On the dash all the controls show very minimal wear. and it looks very nice. Possibly had a little repair made just in front of the clock on top of the vinyl there is a little bit of wave to it.
* Steering wheel does not show any cracking. and the wooden applique on top shows little wear.
* Owner had a Kenwood remote system installed.
* The door panels are in really nice condition. both the wood. chrome. and the vinyl. Even the drivers side where you rest your elbow has hardly any wear at all.
* The pictures show the mats. and the carpet which appears to be original and all is in nice condition for the age. I will note in the right rear there is slight separation in the carpet right where it would reach the mat. There are still not many 40 year old cars that have an interior in this condition.
* The trunk appears to have no modifications. and is pretty much the way they came.
* The felt covering at the bottom and the sides has a little bit of wear. but this can be easily purchased if somebody wanted to.
*Trunk has the typical space saver for the tire. The canister is missing and probably ran out of air and so that is not included.
* You will also see the hard boot as well as the cover. and a couple of 8 track tapes that come with the car.
* You will notice the jacking mechanism that is mounted the way it is suppose to be toward the front of the trunk area. (See pics)
Wheels and Tires-
* Hankook Tires
* Matching make tires all the way around. and all four hubcaps have the correct black centers for 1976. They all appear free of damage. with the exception of a little dimple on the right front hubcap. (See pics)
* Left Front- 235/75/15 8/32 Tread remaining
* Left Rear- 235/75/15 10/32 Tread remaining
* Right Front- 235/75/15 7/32 Tread remaining
* Right Rear- 235/75/15 10/32 Tread remaining
Engine and Transmission-
* The under hood area I would say that it does have the correct style blue paint on the engine. It all looks like it has been kept in the original form. with the exception of the replacement battery. and the rust proofing you can see on top of the fender wells.
* When we had it on a rack. and inspected the bottom side I had talked about fluid that was below the hydraulic cylinder. The owner had that looked at a years ago. and it was said to be fixed. When I took a photo and inspected it from the top side it doesn't appear to be leaking down into that area anymore.
* Engine has had a replacement radiator or the radiator has been redone. and is not painted black as it originally would be.
* The insulation under the hood is in good condition and does not show tares or damage.
* Starts cold as designed and runs properly- warm/small hesitation on quick acceleration.
* The chassis has not recently had any rustproofing applied to the bottom side. which is nice because it shows what the underside looks like without anything being covered up.
* Sticker on door shows car has been rustproofed at one time. possibly when car was new. or possibly later. It has held up well and did its job. but typically as they do the exposed area dries out a bit and flakes off. That is why you will see a bit of surface rust.
* I did not see any rust perforation on the frame. suspension components. floors or trunk. it is a nice natural rust perforation free car.
* Car has a fairly new battery. fuel pump is recent. and replacement starter. Steering box is dry. There is just a little dampness at the front of the engine. New stabilizer links at the front. and has fairly recent boots.
* Down along frames rails you will see slight surface rust. but all look good and solid.
* Recent rubber lines here and there have been replaced.
* Muffler does appear to be intact. but appears to have a pin size hole in the rear resonator.
* Back shocks look recent as well as the lines running to them. and all looks to be intact.
* Brake calibers front and rear. as well as pads look very recent.
* Some of the bushings in the suspension do show a little age and cracking. but nothing
* Back of the bumpers. mounts. and extentions show little surface rust. but looks good and solid.
* Taillights and brake lights work
* All four headlights work
* Blinkers on the left and right side work(front and rear)
* Inside left headlight plastic clips need minor attention
* Rear bumper has outside red markers that do light
* The indicators on the front fenders do work. one on the back window needs to be put back in place
* Inside trunk release works
* All four windows operate up and down correctly
* Power locks work correctly on left and right side
* Remote mirror on left and right side work
* Pumping car all the way to the floor twice. it fires right up cold just like it should
* Front fender cornering lights both work in amber coloring. but also when you turn on the turn signal they light up the curb (Cadillac Feature)
* One kick of the gas peddle after starting up cold. and she drops right down to an idle
* Twilight sentinel that turns the lights on automatically when its dark does work
* A/C compressor cycling but can't verify cold (35 degrees outside)
* Wipers work on multiple speeds. and the delay function works
* Rear window defrost switch does turn on. and is lite. However its warm out and we can't tell for sure on its operation
* Courtesy light under the top dash is working
* Glove box light works
* Auto paralyze that is in the glove box set on 766. and we have never touched it because we don't know the code or if its hooked up
* Interior lights work
* Automatic seat release and lock on driver side works intermittently. but passenger side works
* Rheostat does turn up and down lights on the dash for brightness
* Trip odometer works
* Automatic climate control works in defrost mode and in the automatic position you turn it to 85 and its throws heat- may need freon- this was a bit hard to understand
* Both power seats are working correctly though drivers side might need a little lubrication
* Automatic parking brake release works
* Power antenna does not work and is up in position
* Delay wiper switch temperamental but works
* Windshield washers not pumping fluid
I drove the car for probably ten miles with speeds up to 50 mph. and it really seems as though everything was working correctly and the way it was designed to. The steering had very good and proper assist. and worked very smoothly. The car accelerated very smoothly. and up shifted as I remember them being designed to. and automatically down shifted when we came to a stop. It seems to stop properly upon braking. it stopped with good power assist and smoothly. I did not notice any pulsation or shuddering of the brakes. During braking the car did not pull to the left or right. The engine appears to be proper set up for starting cold. and idling down afterword. it was actually just adjusted at service facility.
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
10% deposit ($1. 00 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
Cash-in-person. verified by a bank
Bank to bank wire transfers to seller's account
Cashier's or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Welcome to Auto Connection
Connecting buyers and sellers of unique vehicles
Conditions of Sale. /p>
Auto Connection is a 3rd party agent; assisting both buyers AND sellers. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors and they provide advertising; marketing; and consulting services for individuals; and companies.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results; including history statements of vehicle history; repairs; etc. .
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty; unless otherwise stated. .
Information about serial numbers; engine numbers; and any other codes does not guarantee a vehicle's authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin plate; trim plate; engine block; cylinder heads; transmission; differential; or other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation; authenticity; repairs; mechanical work; titles; odometer discrepancies; matching numbers; stamped engines; casting numbers; or any other codes; tags; or numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists; as well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags. .
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge; but does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence; including a physical inspection of the vehicle in person; or through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller; or stipulated in the Bill of Sale. .
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends); if the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not); Auto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashier's check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection). .
For the most part; the vehicle for sale is not “perfect”. It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint; body; engine; etc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot; undisclosed problems with the frame; etc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation; the seller and buyer will to try to reach an agreeable solution. .
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment; options and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale; the laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement. .
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID. . /p>
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item; do not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding; Bid Shielding; Auction Interference; and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding; bidder accepts all the terms and conditions above. .
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-353-1750 or email Chad@AutoConnectionCars. com. Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding. .
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT . /p>
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Cadillac cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $17,500.00Gunmetal Grey, Many new items
price: $69,000.001955 Cadillac Meteor Hearse in VIC
price: $18,500.001964 Cadillac Fleetwood
price: $US $15,000.001975 Cadillac Eldorado
|1937 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Touring Imperial||4||$47,995.00|
|1929 Cadillac Fleetwood Imperial Sedan||4||$68,995.00|
|1965 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special||4||$17,995.00|
|1979 Cadillac Eldorado||4||$10,995.00|
|1965 Cadillac Calais||4||$13,995.00|
|1985 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz||4||$10,995.00|
|1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible||4||$18,995.00|
|1947 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special Sedan||4||$24,995.00|
|1987 Cadillac Coupe DeVille||4||$6,995.00|
|1970 Cadillac Eldorado||4||$12,995.00|
|1972 Cadillac Coupe DeVille||4||$13,995.00|
|1965 Cadillac DeVille --||12||$27,995.00|
|1983 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible||21||$12,995.00|
|1988 Cadillac Brougham||21||$7,750.00|
|1976 Cadillac Eldorado Conv green --||14||$13,995.00|
|1940 Cadillac La Salle||7||$12,400.00|
|1985 Cadillac Eldorado||8||$8,500.00|
|1971 Cadillac Eldorado||11||$11,500.00|
|1974 Cadillac Eldorado||4||$17,000.00|
|1949 Cadillac SERIES 62 SEDAN - RESTORED - 71K MILES||4||$US $19,500.00|