1966 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic
Sale price: $US $10,500.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Model:||Beetle - Classic|
|Engine:||Factory 1300 cc|
|Interior Color:||Blue / Black|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1966 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic for sale
Current customer rating: (21 votes) based on
1966 Volkswagen Beetle
Beautifully Restored California 1966 Volkswagen Beetle
A Striking Example of a Classic VW
High Quality. Considerable Attention to Detail…
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model. considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our company. However. we continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However. if you are not prepared to read the full listing. please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer. please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the VW and answer any questions over the telephone. including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes. the VW can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR. ENGINE. UNDERCARRIAGE. ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS VW. BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO. YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM. PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE VW. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP” OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and. unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment. you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 24+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 915+ positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly.
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality. suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed. bonded (for the financial transaction). fully insured. and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers. and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again. please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle. Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS - THIS PARTICULAR 1966 VW BEETLE
We have always loved the pre-1968 VW Beetles and believe they represent the purest form of the classic VW "Bug. ” This VW was completely restored in dry Arizona and has a history of spending its entire life in California and Arizona. The body and undercarriage support the clean. dry cars that we see on the West Coast making perfect candidates for restoration. Unlike cars from inclement weather regions that have significant rust. restoring a rust free car with excellent "bones” results in a considerably better finished product. This 1966 VW is certainly evidence of this philosophy.
The Volkswagen Beetle has the added benefit of being a "numbers matching” example. The engine production # / date is consistent with the manufacture of the car and while the engine has been rebuilt. it is the original power-plant.
Specifically. the car was produced in May. 1966 with Serial # 116919276 and engine # F0858176. the larger 1. 00cc engine vs. the 1. 00 cc powered cars.
• 1. 3 liter flat 4 cylinder
• 4-speed manual transmission
• Excellent Michelin XZX 165SR15 tires w/ 9/32” remaining tread
• Black 2-point rear seat belts
• Excellent uniform paint with no indication of partial panel re-painting since restored / complete paint (inside and out / trim removed)
• Originally configured with no modifications to the body. bumpers. fenders. hood. or deck lid
• German fit of body panels
• Both doors and both front and rear compartments open/close smartly
• Very solid door bottoms and rocker panels
• Excellent front and rear bumpers
• Excellent glass all around
• All 4 windows crank easily; both wind wings open nicely
• "Pop-Out” rear side windows
• Driver's side outside rear view mirror
• Radio antenna discreetly mounted in front trunk area
• All stock exterior trim. stainless steel and chrome accents
• Engine compartment door with proper "1300” emblem
• Interior upgraded (front & rear) with tasteful vinyl and cloth material
• Matching front and rear door panels
• Great looking wicker package shelf
• Replaced headliner free from sagging. damage or stains
• Factory sun visors in like new condition
• Replaced weatherstrip on doors
• Interior stainless door entry trim and forward carpet accents
• Like new black factory style carpet with binding
• Nice rubber floor mats at all 4 positions
• Excellent dashboard (car totally disassembled and all interior panels painted when complete and total re-spray was completed)
• Clear. functional gauges / fully functional radio
• Beautiful original black steering wheel
• Period appearance AM/FM radio in stock (uncut) dash opening
• Rear speakers (no holes cut) in boxes behind the rear seat (can be easily removed)
• Original "perforated vinyl” material in rear area behind the seat
ENGINE / FRONT TRUNK AREAS
- Immaculate front compartment including spare tire
This VW is in beautiful condition having been completely restored. The car is finished in a desirable. light blue/gray exterior color with color coordinated blue interior. The exterior body and trim remain totally stock as do the dashboard. steering wheel and other interior components. Any upgrades to the exterior and interior were done tastefully. and with quality materials to give the Beetle a more contemporary appearance. Virtually all of the upgrades that have been completed on the VW could be easily reversed. should the cars new owner elect to tailor make it to their taste. or return the car to a completely stock appearing example.
The exterior is totally free from any signs of rust. door dings and dents / damage. Perhaps most important. the 50 year old VW (difficult to believe. but true!) is completely devoid of rust. The bright work is "California quality” with no pitting. rust. fading. The bumpers are totally straight. include the factory over-riders and are free from pitting. or rust. The valence panel under the front bumper is free from the usual damage and the inner front trunk is also free from damage. rust and there is no indication of accidents.
Exterior improvements include stainless steel running boards. a removable roof/luggage rack. four 5-spoke wheels. rear "D” badge. wind window deflector. front amber fog lights. chrome front hood accent. VW logo mud flaps and other touches to add a certain flair to the VW.
The interior shows as well as the exterior and was completed with a commitment to quality and attention to detail. No shortcuts were taken and the entire interior was redone at the time the car was disassembled for restoration and included new seating material. matching door panels (front and rear). new carpet. mats. restoration of the dash / steering wheel. the addition of a wicker package shelf. and much. much more. The seats are excellent as are the door panels. Nice black floor mats cover the very good black rubber floors at all 4 positions. We ask that you review the photos and believe that the old adage "A photo is worth a thousand words” certainly applies in this instance.
The immaculate engine compartment reflects the "engine out” restoration and engine rebuild.
The VW brings back wonderful memories of one of our first car. a 1967 VW Beetle. The car is great fun to drive and is totally reliable. fuel efficient. and receives admiring glances from the large number of previous owners that enjoyed Beetle ownership in years past.
The car starts immediately and all of the operating systems are completely functional. It shifts well through all of the gears. the clutch engages properly and without slippage. and the brakes stop the car straight and sure. The emergency brake is properly adjusted. The steering is tight and precise and the car is free from wind noise due to the replacement of virtually all of the rubber seals when the car was restored. All of the lighting systems are functional.
The VW represents a properly restored car that can be enjoyed as regular transportation. an occasional use car. or proudly taken to local shows where it will. undoubtedly. garner considerable attention from admiring fans.
• Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers. turn signals. lights. brakes. etc.
• For California buyers. the car does not require smog and is currently registered until 4/24/17.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 1966 VW BEETLE
• Length: 160. 6”
• Wheelbase: 94. 5”
• Width: 60. 6”
• Height: 59. 1”
• Ground clearance: 6”
• Turning circle: 34. 4'
• Weight: 1. 72 lb.
• Engine: 1. 85 cc flat 4 cylinder 78. 4 c. i.
• Transmission: 4 speed manual transmission
• Fuel capacity: 10. 6 gal
HISTORY OF THE VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE
The Volkswagen Beetle. officially the Volkswagen Type 1. or informally in the US the Volkswagen Bug. is a two-door. four passenger. rear-engine economy car manufactured and marketed by German automaker Volkswagen (VW) from 1938 until 2003. Volkswagen means literally. "people's car" in German.
The need for this kind of car and its functional objectives were formulated by Adolf Hitler. desiring an inexpensive. simple car to be mass-produced for the new German road network. He contracted Porsche in 1934 to design and build it to his exacting standards. Ferdinand Porsche and his team took until 1938 to finalize it. although the design was based entirely on the work of Béla Barényi. who completed the design in 1925. This is one of the first rear-engine cars. With over 24 million manufactured in an air-cooled. rear-engine. rear-wheel drive configuration. the Beetle is the longest-running and most-manufactured car of a single design platform worldwide.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always. we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including. but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior. exterior. top. chrome. etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance. licensing by the state. and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action. grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources. transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same. small. California town for over 24 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar". indoor showroom. and specialize in the sale. consignment. and purchase of sports. high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local. private owners and collectors. and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars. with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally. and around the country. As a result. we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales. such as wholesale auctions. salvage sales. or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles. or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique. classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay. or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate. complete. and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers. terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 915+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured. bonded. and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50. 00 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers. and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles. we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle). thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle. California buyers will be subject to sales tax. a documentation fee. DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads. sales-tax. license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail and ask that you call us at 925-846-1451 if we can answer any questions about the VW. Classic Car Ltd. or shipping costs to your location.
- We encourage inspections of this VW by serious. qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However. we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles. and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback. standing in the community. length of time in business. and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips. nicks. scratches. etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration. or even a relatively new. used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also. ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles. these cars require regular. ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge. patience. and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said. collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but. in some instances. has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result. we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Body Type / Style:Coupe Exterior Color:Blue Interior Color:Blue Engine:4 Cylinder Transmission: 4 Speed Manual Mileage:57 Drive:Rear Doors:2
4 Speed Manual
Exempt From Smog in California
Finished / Carpeted Trunk
Front Rubber Mats
Front Sway Bar
Matching Numbers Engine
Runs / Drives Very Well
Seat Belts (Front)
Terms & Conditions
Buyers outside of California will be responsible for a $195. 00 fee for processing/administration. The charge will apply if the vehicle is purchased through ebay or before or after the auction. directly through Classic Cars Ltd.
The vehicle is listed for sale elsewhere. We reserve the right to end the auction at anytime. We will be glad to discuss details of a "pre-auction" purchase (925) 846 1451.
Inspections of vehicles are encouraged but (by appointment only) must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the auction.
Out of state buyers are responsible for the high bid and any shipping costs. California buyers are subject to the appropriate sales tax. DMV transfer. and fees associated with the purchase of any used vehicle sale in the state of California.
To avoid shipping the title with the car to our out of state buyers. we mail the title via Priority Mail.
While shipping and transportation costs (if appropriate) are the responsibility of the winning bidder. we can assist with locating a suitable transporter. We regularly ship cars all over the USA/World. and can often times locate very competitive rates for transporting vehicles door to door. to a local terminal. enclosed. open. etc. Please call us for specific information/rates to your location.
We meet some great people and fellow enthusiasts. and only rarely do we have problems with non-paying bidders. Please be certain that you are prepared to buy the car if you bid. or call us at 925-846-1451 before the end of the auction if we can answer any questions. If you have a "sunglass" rating or fewer than 10 feedback ratings on eBay. please call us before you bid so that we can discuss the bidding process. etc. If we do not hear from you. we reserve the right to delete your bid.
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Bond cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $25,900.001972 Ford Bronco V8 4X4 RESTORED LIFTED
price: $4,990.001980 Ford Other Pickups
price: $19,500.001981 Pontiac Trans Am 4.9L V8 TURBO TRANS AM COUPE
price: $US $15,511.141937 Dodge D7 : Business Coupe :