1987 BMW M5
Sale price: $US $17,499.99 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Interior Color:||Diamond Black Metallic|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1987 BMW M5 for sale
Hey Ya'll – thanks for taking a peak at my true import 1987 BMW M535i. M30B34. It's a Japanese spec DC89 (LHD catalyst. automatic): 1. 40 produced internationally from 03/1985 through 09/1987. At 30 years old. this car certainly stands out amongst its brothers and sisters. Mechanically it's ready to turn key and go. daily or sunday. no CELs. She sounds awesome on idle or on the floor.
I'll split this up into two sections. the first being the background of this car (my knowledge and documentation). with the second being the work done to this car since import. Wanted to be very concise writing this up as I know what it's like to be on both ends of a sale.
This car originally came into my hands in November 2015. I had intentions of importing something else but I couldn't pass this up after it landed in front of my eyes. It was mightily important to me (with only a couple days left on sale) to verify originality of the technic-kit. As soon as my questions were answered. I purchased the car on the best impulsive decision of my life to date in the summer of 2015.
If you are familiar with importing. Newark and Boston are difficult logistically. I did RORO shipping to Baltimore from Tanaka. with the car arriving at my doorstep in November of 2015. To my surprise. a member of a BMW Club out of Tanaka owned it. Japanese culture grasped to “Americanized” or full-size cars since their ultimate status symbol post WWII. I'm sure after reading this (if you made it this far) you'll like try to browse for similar examples. 99. 9% of which will be international or beat euro-specs. Car has the original title (Japanese and translated). all import documents. two keys and the original owner's manual.
Rather than storing this winter. I sent her to a local reputable shop out of Southern New Hampshire called DTM Autowerks. If you're familiar with east coast car culture. you may have seen their work at such shows like Wolfsgart and H2Oi. At this time the car had less than 110. 00 miles and was ready for a revival. I spared zero expense to bring this car back to where it deserved to be. the following is a list of work done over the past two months. I have receipts for everything I've ever done with this car. including the recent inspection report.
· Engine/transmission were removed from car and separated from one another.
· Degreased and cleaned all exterior surfaced of the engine/transmission.
· Engine accessories were removed. valve cover. oil pan. timing cover. water pump and thermostat housing.
· Upon original inspection. slight cylinder leak. Cylinder head was removed and sent to a machine shop for a pressure test and inspection. With a slight warp to head upon diagnosis. we had it rebuilt and machined true.
· Installed all NEW seals and gaskets including rear main seal. front crank sea. valve cover gasket. oil pan gasket and timing cover set… everywhere.
· Installed new water pump and thermostat.
· With the drivetrain out. engine compartment was cleaned.
· Reinstalled motor/transmission assembly.
· Installed new accessory belts and radiator hoses.
· An obvious oil change and cooling system filled.
· Car was run to temp to bleed air from cooling system.
· At conclusion. car was checked for leaks. not a drop can be found.
· Front = GOOD
· Rear = installed new rotors/premium pads. Clean and lubricate caliper slides. Adjusted park brake. bleed system as needed and road tested ensure proper operation.
· Replaced front pipe to manifold gaskets.
· Installed new rubber exhaust hangers.
· Slight patina near downpipe/tips.
· GOOD and TIGHT
· Installed new seals on the inner axle cups.
· Removed strut housing from vehicle to access/remove strut inserts to replace with new ones. All road tested for operation.
· Almost zero issues. slight fading on drivers seat corner closest to door. No rips or tears ANYWHERE. To quote one of my friends today. “How does this look cleaner than my new Audi?”
· A slight 1cm crack in dashboard. All windows work flawlessly. including the huge sunroof and shade.
· Sits on BBS RX's
· Aftermarket stereo/speakers – wiring issue causes them to work on and off.
· Aftermarket kill switch for battery in engine bay.
· Has been repainted but matched in history. key marks near gas lid. Otherwise amazing condition for age. Car had phone antenna mounted on trunk. since removed.
· Front bumper was professionally restored and painted. as it looked fatigued upon purchase.
· Original engine hood insulation was near non-existent. replaced with Bavarian-spec.
In summary. do or don't do me a favor before I slam this and register it for Alpha Class at Wolfsgart come July. I was told an E30 won last year…
I have big plans for the spring/summer of 2017. like many enthusiasts if your heart is somewhere else. you're going to follow it.
I haven't see one for sale in the U. S. in the past 6 months at least. If you find a similar example. I'll match the price. This is one of the cleanest M535i's out there. let alone an E28.
Please DM me with questions or concerns. Car is for sale locally and I reserve the right to end. For now it sits in an indoor garage and will be washed weekly. I have a folder of over 100 photos for serious buyers. however all in person visits are more than encouraged. Also. happy to assist with shipping. lots of domestic and international experience. Thanks for your time and consideration!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Audi cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £2,551.00Audi S2
price: $US $7,124.001959 Chevrolet El Camino
price: £13,500.002004 Audi RS6 Avant Plus
price: $59,500.001983 Porsche 911 SC 3.0L CABRIOLET WITH 18K ORIGINAL MILES!
|1965 Chevrolet C-10 --||21||$14,995.00|
|1989 Porsche 944||4||$14,995.00|
|1986 Audi 5000 Quattro||9||$US $2,000.00|
|1987 Audi Coupe||21||$3,000.00|
|1978 Chevrolet El Camino||12||$US $4,000.00|
|1986 Mercedes-Benz E-Class||9||$7,750.00|
|1989 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||21||$14,977.00|
|1965 Chevrolet C-10 --||21||$14,500.00|
|1980 Pontiac Trans Am Bandit Edition 6.6L||21||$27,995.00|
|1979 Volkswagen Specialty 4 Wheel Drive Iltis||10||$US $6,500.00|
|1987 Audi Coupe||21||$3,500.00|
|1987 Porsche 924||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1929 Ford Model A||21||$39,990.00|
|1989 Porsche 944||4||$14,995.00|
|Audi 5000S/ 5000CS Manual 1984-1988||8||$89.99|
|1984 Porsche 944||21||$US $6,601.00|
|1978 Chevrolet El Camino||12||$US $3,900.00|
|1979 Volkswagen Thing||10||$US $5,000.00|
|1969 Ford Mustang Grande Hardtop||21||$17,995.00|
|1965 Chevrolet C-10 --||21||$16,995.00|