2003 Ford E-Series Van
Sale price: $30,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Type:||Extended Passenger Van|
|Engine:||7.3 TURBO DIESEL|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
2003 Ford E-Series Van for sale
Up for sale is my E-350 Quigley 4x4 extended van. This is the absolute most sought after build with the 7. 3 liter turbo Powerstroke diesel and extended body. There are only 106. XX original miles! I have yet to see another 7. 3 4x4 van with original miles this low - a very rare find.
This van is solid and in really sound mechanical shape. The engine is completely stock. and runs solid as a rock. I've never had cold start issues. or any mechanical or performance issues.
This would make the perfect reliable vehicle for a hiking group. hunting buddies. boy-scout troop. or the ultimate platform to build your dream Sportsmobile expedition or bugout vehicle.
It was originally set up as a 15 passenger club wagon with all of the rows of seats but one removed in 2014. It has dual AC with front and rear controls. and cold air ducts on the ceiling throughout the cab.
New replaced items summer of 2013 - spring 2014:
· Fuel injector communication harnesses
· Two new batteries
· Positive terminal cable (on a diesel van. this runs from the front battery in the engine compartment to the secondary battery towards the back of the vehicle)
· Rebuilt and upgraded transmission with a triple-billet torque converter (very beefy for any hauling needs)
· Replaced high-pressure AC line and completed a full system recharge; this thing cools down like an icebox with great front and rear air!
After the above work was completed Derrick of Colorado Camper Van did the following in July of 2014:
· Power steering box upgrade
· Custom 40 gallon welded steel fuel tank
· Quigley factory authorized upgrade/recall package – to remove ‘Quigley wobble'
· Complete long arm 4” lift suspension package
· All new Bilson shocks and stabilizer
· Front coil springs
· Track bar
Then again in 2015 Colorado Camper Van did the following:
· Installed new 4. 5 Onan diesel generator (has app. 2 hours total use)
· Installed custom steel front bumper and brush guard – textured black powder coat
· Installed roof rack & ladder
· Installed 3 assist step-up's at each door
· Replaced trailer plug & installed combination safe in hitch receiver
· Resealed rear windows (rear door seals should be replaced at this point)
· Replaced all 5 factory steel wheels – w/ new Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar LT265/75R16's
Things of note:
· The original owner of this van was a government contractor hired to inspect and monitor pipelines in the state of Oklahoma (rust-free state) and it has had regular maintenance. It was a corporate vehicle and apparently never or very seldom was used in 4 wheel drive as when inspected all of the parts looked brand new inside.
· This van is equipped with a special factory ordered/installed Ford brand digital controller module that allows driver manual control of the 7. 3 Powerstroke diesel idle speed for dialing in specific performance highway mileage goals – or reducing engine RPM for fuel conservation during long idling/rest periods. This unit also features an optional power take off RPM control. A retired Ford diesel mechanic said that at the time this was a $1600 factory option. and it makes perfect sense for drivers to be able to control RPM in every situation… and the ability to dial it up or down at will - like when sitting idling or under load while in 4 wheel drive for example.
· This van has had the complete recommended Quigley recalled parts replacement upgrade which took care of the potential cracked parts issues and eliminated the traditional and expected “Quigley sway” experienced at high speeds. making long distance highway travel at 75 – 80 MPH on cruise control a pleasure.
· This van also comes with Ford (factory or dealer) installed cold weather engine warmer with plug in under front bumper for easy access.
· Custom welded solid heavy plate steel front and rear bumpers (rear w/hitch and pigtail).
· This van has super duty front and rear heat and air conditioning with adjustable zoned vents throughout the cabin area roof and side walls that perform instantaneously in all climate conditions.
Known remaining issues:
The engine. transmission. driveline. suspension. Quigley upgrade. heating/cooling systems. electrical and fuel systems are all basically done. leaving the following to complete:
· There is a 3' long by 6” dent on the driver side near the rear body panel (see pics) that did not break the paint seal and should pull out easily.
· The passenger side mirror should be replaced with another Ford OEM part soon due to unfortunate yet humorous (to me in the passenger seat anyway) low speed Walgreens drive through brick column incident…
· The headliner needs to be replaced – have a current professional quote for $250.
· Although there are no leaks driving 75 MPH in a downpour for hours. we were advised to replace all door and window seals on any Ford E-series van product over 10 years old with standard OEM parts (more for wind noise reduction than anything else).
· I was just at the 4X4 shop this week and was told that I should replace the lockout hubs with Ford OEM parts which I have ordered and will include with the vehicle for you to install.
· Planning your build-out… (Have bid from www. ColoradoCamperVan. com for complete custom build out w/everything we could possibly think of including solar and Dish TV to use as guide to ultimate expedition grade Sportsmobile). All that remains are some minor body work and door/window seal issues - and the build out… the fun clean parts of the conversion now that the mechanical work is done.
I patiently waited for this van to come for sale for over 3 years – one with this exact combination of features and low original miles – and then got into a bidding war with two other people before I got it. The entire driveline is tight and has no known leaks anywhere. and leaves no little spots of anything on the driveway.
Why am I selling it? Well… it's a long story. but I listed this on ebay last year and got several good offers. but then chickened out and kept it. I'm not a dealer or a ‘flipper' and have owned this for 3 years now. Now it's time to do the interior and I know I'll never decide how I want to do it.
This is a solid van that doesn't have all of the typical characteristic high miles ‘shake. rattle and roll' other 4X4 Ford cargo base vans typically have. The seats aren't all blown out or torn. and the previous owner was the 2nd owner. so between us we know the entire history of this vehicle.
Successful buyer must pay $1000 deposit via paypal within 24 hours of auction end. and must agree to pick this vehicle up in 63017 within one week of sale. Steve Wells owns New World Auto Transport and he has promised that he will deliver this to the buyer at a special rate.
Prospective buyers are welcome to fly into St. Louis. MO to personally inspect and drive this van at any reasonable time prior to auction end. I will also be happy to answer any and all questions that anyone may have.
Please – no zero feedback bidders. or any bidders with fewer than 5 valid feedbacks over time without first contacting me or I will be forced to cancel these bids.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $129,000.002010 Ferrari California 2dr Conv
price: $US $6,200.002006 BMW X5
price: $22,755.002017 Chevrolet Trax FWD 4dr LT
price: $35,488.002014 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium Plus
|2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata MX-5 MIATA GRAND TOURING CONVERTIBLE||13||$10,999.00|
|2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL HTD LEATHER SUNROOF NAV||21||$16,480.00|
|1995 Jaguar XJS||12||$8,995.00|
|1929 Ford Model A||15||$35,995.00|
|1997 Ford F-250 XL 2dr 4WD Standard Cab LB HD||18||$5,900.00|
|2008 Subaru WRX||12||$22,995.00|
|2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport **Super Charged**||16||$16,996.00|
|2013 Ford E-Series Van||7||$19,750.00|
|2013 Subaru Other Limited||12||$18,942.00|
|1997 Mercedes-Benz 600-Series S600||21||$12,995.00|
|2001 Volvo V70 --||12||$4,975.00|
|2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500||3||$10,800.00|
|2015 Ford Taurus SHO||4||$26,788.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Traverse FWD 4dr LS w/1LS||11||$30,017.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT||12||$37,589.00|
|2012 Maserati Gran Turismo C Sport||4||$65,900.00|
|1986 Jeep Cherokee Laredo||19||$US $4,950.00|
|2017 Ford F-150 ROUSH F-150||20||$73,977.00|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300||1||$34,690.00|
|2010 Ford F-250 XLT 4x4 SuperCab LB 6.4L Diesel 4X4 Deleted||21||$24,995.00|