1956 Austin Healey 100M
Sale price: $219,900.00 make an offer
Last update: 07.03.2017
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||OEW over Black|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1956 Austin Healey 100M for sale
1956 Austin-Healey Factory 100M
When the car was new it was raced in the Western New York area during the 1956 season as part of an Austin Healey team of four similar 100Ms. Norman Webb purchased the car and raced it in the inaugural Glen Classic held July 5-6. 1957 at Watkins Glen. In the Dp race he spun out. causing him to go backwards through the hay bales on the first lap! See the photograph of this race and original race program. The car's brief racing tenure was immediately over and the car was sold one week later from Webb Motors for $2. 95. The buyer lived in Rochester. NY and owned the car for the next 55 years until he died in August 2012. Included are the original Bill of Sale. many original photos. and NY registrations. as well as a written history of the car by the long-term owner and his son. The car was his daily driver until 1960 and was driven often in upstate NY rally's. Because of a broken crankshaft. it was stored in his garage beginning in 1963 and had not been driven until 2014. This extremely long-term storage is the primary reason the car is so original today.
Fourintune (Tom Kovacs) completed a “concours spec” comprehensive "nut and bolt" restoration in October 2013. The car and all mechanical components were completely disassembled and rebuilt. There are over 650 photographs of the restoration. Fourintune is clearly the preeminent Healey restoration group and has completed thirty 100Ms in the last 35 years. Roger Moment restored the interior with the assistance of Auto Weave Upholstery. located in Denver. Roger is one of the leading experts on Austin Healey100 originality. He is a prolific author of technical articles and books on Healey restoration and also maintains the Concours Guidelines. All of his unique repo bits are incorporated into the restoration. He also rebuilt many parts. The total restoration was completed in June 2014. At the completion of the restoration the car had 63. 61 miles. The car has been driven less than 650 miles since completion.
All of the unique 100M engine components are original to this car – carburetors. intake manifold. cold air box. distributor and vacuum advance. sway bar. bend in the front cross brace to install the cam shaft. special shroud bracket to install the cold air box. louvered bonnet and original leather bonnet belt and hardware. The Chassis Number. Body and Batch Number. and engine ID Plates are all original. The chassis. body panels. boot & bonnet. rear shroud. engine. transmission. overdrive. differential. suspension. and radiator are all original to this car.
Some unique aspects of the restoration:
- Tom Kovacs installed a true NOS 100M camshaft. 100M pistons. and gear set - all three are extremely rare.
- The entire frame and all steel body parts were e-coated – as a result there is virtually no chance of any rust “bleeding through” the white paint in the future. All gaps (door. bonnet and boot) and the swage lines on each side are perfect! The bumpers and overriders are all original.
- A Lucas High Energy coil (this is unique and was on the engine probably due to the prior racing).
- An original Austin Healy finned aluminum rocker cover was installed as well as an original polished nichol Raydyot racing side view mirror.
- A correct Lempert reproduction Derrington steering wheel with the correct size hub and hardware custom fabricated by Tom Kovacs.
- Extremely high attention to the fine details – for example a correct Tri-Plex engraving was etched into the windshield and all of the fasteners are. original. plated and correct.
- All of the interior. top and boot side curtains were all custom made. NOS black hogshair carpet was installed. The Tonneu cover is the original. The seat belts were original to the car - rare early aircraft type that has been rewebbed.
- A set of reproduction Dunlap bias ply Road Speed tires are mounted on the original wheels for show. and for driving a set of new Vredestein radials mounted on repro Dunlop wheels.
- Correct reproduction Lucas batteries. hardware and Lucas cable helmet connectors.
- Original Burgess muffler. Also many other spare parts including an original rebuilt fuel pump and NOS Lucas distributor cap.
- Original Owner's Handbook. Parts Manual. Service Manual and many original marketing materials and advertisements. Included are side curtains and bag. correct tool roll. jack & handle with correct bags. and 3 original keys.
The Heritage Certificate confirms that this car is one of the 640 Factory 100Ms. In fact. the wording for the “Other Information” line of the certificate says that the production card for this car states “D Healey for ‘Le Mans. '” vs. the customary language that just references the louvered bonnet. The car has also been registered in the Worldwide 100M Registry in the "Registry Confirmed Factory Built 100M" category.
This is rare opportunity to purchase one of the top Austin Healey's in the world today! There is no doubt that this is a true Factory 100M with all of the 100M components and drive train being original to this car. The provenance of this car is very rare with the early racing history and. very original due to the long-term single ownership and storage. The car has a fresh and very high quality comprehensive restoration by recognized premier Austin Healey experts.
Any questions please call Ray at 303-503-5746.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Austin-Healey cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $40,000.001959 Austin Healey 100-6 1006
price: $US $12,600.001967 Austin Healey 3000
price: $41,600.001961 Austin Healey 3000 MkII. Excellent "Big Healey" SEE VIDEO
price: £16,000.00Healey Abbott Drophead Convertible
|1978 Triumph Spitfire||12||$5,399.00|
|1962 Austin Healey Sprite||4||$US $3,151.00|
|1966 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8||20||$74,900.00|
|1961 Austin Healey Sprite Bugeye||13||$US $9,900.00|
|1962 Austin Healey 3000||12||$US $95,000.00|
|1962 Austin Healey 3000||21||$67,000.00|
|1965 Austin Healey 3000||17||$42,000.00|
|1956 Austin Healey 100-4 BN2||19||$US $36,100.00|
|1957 Austin Healey 100-6 Roadster||21||$US $1,025.00|
|1965 Austin-Healey MK 3000||12||$36,500.00|
|1957 Austin Healey Other --||12||$54,950.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Sprite||12||$3,675.00|
|1967 Austin Healey Sprite||10||$3,500.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Sprite||11||$US $11,990.00|
|1966 Austin Healey Sprite||10||$US $1,500.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Sprite||9||$US $7,100.00|
|1965 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8||20||$56,000.00|
|1960 Austin Healey 3000||5||$70,000.00|
|1961 Austin Healey 3000 MKII Ti-Carb 2+2 Beautifully Restored||1||$47,995.00|