1973 Alfa Romeo GTV
Sale price: $32,105.00 make an offer
Last update: 05.03.2017
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1973 Alfa Romeo GTV for sale
This is my 1973 Alfa 2000 GTV. I purchased it last year from Georgia and along with my 1989 BMW 325iX I am now offering it for sale to make room for another car which I have always wanted and think can finally make a reality.
I searched for three months and found this GTV: the best example of a “driver” – that is. it is not a show car or. more importantly. priced that way. but does look great and drives well.
I have listed the major points about the car and work that has been performed below.
· The car is a US-spec 2000 GTV.
· It was professionally converted from the SPICA fuel-injection to the Alfa rest of the world spec carbureted system in 2005 by the previous owner. who acquired the car that year and had the conversion performed. The conversion is as per the Alfa factory set-up including:
o Correct Weber Carbs (made in Italy)
o Proper Intake Manifold
o Billet Support Strut and crank
o Low-Pressure Fuel Pump
o Correct Alfa Throttle Linkages
o Correct Throttle Pedal
o The air filters are obviously not Alfa branded but these are practically “consumables” that can be changed easily.
· The 5-speed manual transmission shifts very well with no issues in 2nd or any other gear.
· The body is in good shape.
o There is one area under the front passenger rocker area where there was repair.
o This is all metal repair and properly painted.
o There is no sign of any filler material on the body.
o There is no rust present and no “bubbling”.
· The exhaust is a free flowing ANSA unit with no leaks or rattles.
· The car has air-conditioning from the factory and this has been converted to R-134a and works well. It performed well in the Georgia heat and humidity as well as the admittedly lower heat but similar humidity in the Boston area this past summer. The battery is located in the trunk as per the AC equipped GTVs.
· Car rides on 14” Cromodora wheels with new tires.
· Unfortunately. I do not have the original Alfa steering wheel – it has a Gritti wooden wheel fitted.
· Interior is in very good shape for the most part – the admittedly ugly 1980s era stereo disrupts the dash.
o Seat upholstery is excellent.
o Headliner is great.
o Dash has no cracks and is not warped or faded.
o Carpets are clean and in good shape.
o Hazard lights do not work but all other lights including Euro style fogs do operate correctly.
o Heat works correctly.
o Factory AC works great.
o Gauge cluster has been replaced with the correct cluster from another 2000 GTV. The odometer reads 3625 miles and works properly. The original cluster comes with the car and reads 76K miles. Gauges are the correct Jaeger units as you can see in the photos.
o Fuel gauge does not work – I use the trip meter like on a motorcycle.
· Service/work performed since acquiring the car in summer 2016:
o Tune-up: new plugs. wires. distributor cap and rotor and pick-up.
o Oil and filter service.
o Coolant flush and replacement.
o Replaced oil pressure switch.
o New tie-rods (all) and front wheel bearings.
o Brakes – new calipers all around. along with rotors and pads. booster hose. and fluid after flushing.
o Refreshed differential oil.
o New stabilizer bushings.
o New steering idler.
o Replaced all gas lines from the pump onward for safety.
o Tightened the motor mounts.
o Cleaned air filters.
o Checked compression – all cylinders within 8%.
· Car has the original spare and jack. along with owner's manual and toolkit.
· It runs at correct temperature even with the AC on.
· Oil pressure gauge works and pressure remains in correct range.
· Spare set of ATS wheels come with the car.
The little Alfa drives very well. is responsive. handles as it should and stops great thanks to the completely new brakes. I would not have a problem driving this car anywhere. other than the obvious potential shortcomings of a 45-year-old car.
Please feel free to contact me with questions. Thank you.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Alfa Romeo cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £6,995.00Alfa Romeo S2 Spider 2000
price: £3,650.00VW Beetle 1200 with Air Ride (rat look)
price: $3,800.001978 Alfa Romeo Spider
price: $US $1,999.001979 Alfa Romeo Spider
|1966 Jaguar S-Type||21||$US $207.50|
|1969 Alfa Romeo Spider||21||$US $3,050.00|
|1974 Alfa Romeo Spider||21||$US $1,025.00|
|1967 Alfa Romeo Spider||9||$US $610.00|
|1976 Alfa Romeo Other GT||21||$US $510.00|
|1963 Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint||11||$64,900.00|
|1975 Alfa Romeo Other||11||$14,500.00|
|1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Race Car Race Car||12||$29,900.00|
|1988 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce||12||$14,900.00|
|1974 Alfa Romeo Montreal MONTREAL||20||$24,500.00|
|1982 Alfa Romeo GTV||9||$5,495.00|
|1974 Alfa Romeo GTV||21||$34,900.00|
|1987 Alfa Romeo Spider||21||$12,500.00|
|1982 Alfa Romeo GTV||21||$US $7,900.00|
|1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate||12||$US $1,035.00|
|1974 Alfa Romeo GTV||19||$34,000.00|
|1975 Alfa Romeo Other||11||$15,600.00|
|1958 Alfa Romeo Other||21||$US $5,350.00|
|1973 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 Coupe||12||$48,950.00|
|1971 Alfa Romeo Spider||12||$US $800.00|