1980 Jeep Wagoneer
Sale price: $US $5,125.00 make an offer
Last update: 11.02.2017
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
My Grandfather had a Wagoneer. My dad had a Wagoneer. this was mine. 3rd Owner. first owner was CA Forest Service. 2nd owner in Petaluma CA owned from 1990-2009 - vehicle was used to tow his boat. I bought it in 2009 and have all receipt for work I have done to the vehicle. This Wagoneer is not perfect but it was appreciated and used as a daily driver since 2009. I would not hesitate to take it across country.
All work and upgrades were done to make this more of a long distance hauler / driver. Vehicle has always been adult owned and has not been used for off roading. Original paint is decent until you are 5 feet away. Still takes a shine well and gets waxed twice a year. Yes. that is the original headliner. one small tear that doesnt show in the pictures but otherwise fine. Drivers seat has minimal wear- no cracks or rips. There are rips and discolorations on the rear bench seat which I cover with a blanket.
It has a new glove box. It has dual batterys (Battery meter is in the glove box) and dual gas tanks. It has an air lift. It has new suspension all the way around. leafs. shocks and bushings. Brand New tires. New steering box (Wheel needs adjustment) and new steering stabilizer. New muffler and mounting. All New Brake hubs and Rotors. It does have a 2. 5 inch lift. Most window rubber has been replaced. Rear window has been re-wired to function on a new switch. or key fob. HID Headlight conversion with high quality wiring harness. Multi Spark ignition system. Holley Truck Avenger Carb. Comes with a 5 cell maglight and mount next to driver's seat. Cobra 128GTL SSB CB radio with 5' antenna. Pioneer CD/MP3 player with subwoofer. Forward and Back Dash Cam. I had a 2 meter shortwave rig that I pulled from the vehicle but left the wiring for the next owner (you can see under steering column. I will zip tie this out of the way before sale). It has a large lockable armrest/console storage unit.
The cosmetic issues I should call out.
1) Spot of rust in passenger front door jamb. deeper surface rust - has been treated and painted.
2) Complete rust through 1 inch section of driver front door jamb above. also treated and painted (not in pictures).
3) I drilled 2 1/2 inch holes under the glove box (visible in pictures) to mount the switches for front and rear spot lights. Those switches were removed.
4) The driver's side AC vent plastic is brittle and has broken. I re-glued and remounted. Missing a vent. You can see this in the pictures. it is really the worst cosmetic thing about the jeep. Does not effect AC function but does look a little rough. I have been on the lookout for the AC vent replacement but have not found one local and unwilling to pay $100+. it is extremely easy to fix as soon as you find the replacement part and then will not look as rough.
5) I removed the rear cargo area carpet and runners. it was disintegrating and looked terrible. Original paint underneath looks fantastic so I just put a carpet section back there.
6) I rebuilt the rear cargo panels using the original vinyl and 1/4 plywood. Looks ok but had to use screws to remount since the new pieces didnt have the clips. Not shown in pictures.
7) There is a visible mark on the outside rear window (seen in the pictures) from the glass moving up and down. the wipes have been replaced. this was from 2nd owner. No way to fix that.
8) Alot of touchup paint on the vehicle. not really visible unless you are very close.
9) Doesnt show in the pictures. but the pignose grill has a crack and the chrome is bubbling in few places.
10) Drivers window is a little hard to crank. the new window wipes pushed it off center a bit to the last quarter inch to close the window needs a careful touch.
11) The original switch for the rear gate has been removed. The switch for the rear defrost has also been removed and disconnected. so there is no rear defrost on the back glass. I never had a problem with that.
AC blows cold. I used substitute R12 and the bulletproof York Compressor works just fine. heater works great. 4wd engages fine. Operates at perfect temperature and the engine purs nicely and starts right up quickly every time.
I am likely going to very much regret selling this rig. My plans were to put a vortex v6 into her when the AMC 360 V8 motor finally gives out . then the wife decided to get horses and we needed to be able to tow horses. I then looked at putting a 6bt diesel into her and the suspension from a Dodge 2500. cost was more than it took to buy an F350. which I KNEW would be able to tow the horses. So now I drive an F350 and my old jeep needs the next caretaker who will appreciate a classic old jeep and keep her looking as good or better than she does now. More than happy to do a video walkthrough and post to Youtube at your discretion.
I have ALL receipts back to 2009 and a few from 2nd owner. Clear title. I am ok with delivery within 100-150 miles or so. if you need this jeep shipped or specially transported I do not have much experience with that kind of thing so get in touch before hand.
$500 deposit due within 2 days of auction end and full payment expected within 5 business days. I can work with USAA financing very well if needed.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Checker cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $5,291.001979 Black Checker Motors Cab (Checker Taxi)
price: $20,000.001986 London Coach Sterling
price: $16,900.001963 Other Makes
price: $2,500.001967 Other Makes Marathon
|1988 Land Rover Defender||12||$29,900.00|
|1988 Land Rover Defender||14||$19,500.00|
|1979 Mercedes-Benz 400-Series 450 SEL||21||$10,995.00|
|1980 Land Rover Defender Off Chassis Restoration||21||$89,900.00|
|1980 Land Rover Defender Off Chassis Restoration||21||$64,870.00|
|1961 Land Rover Defender||9||$39,900.00|
|1989 Land Rover Defender||14||$89,988.00|
|1955 Studebaker PRESIDENT SPEEDSTER --||12||$34,895.00|
|1986 Chevrolet El Camino||9||$US $5,100.00|
|1965 Mercury Marauder MARAUDER||21||$14,500.00|
|1978 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Prostreet||4||$26,995.00|
|1923 Dodge Hot Rod||13||$19,900.00|
|1963 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic||9||$17,900.00|
|1973 Other Makes||9||$20,000.00|
|1988 Land Rover Defender||9||$21,000.00|
|1975 Ford Other||21||$9,500.00|
|1982 Other Makes Checker A12E Marathon Limousine Checker A12E Marathon Limousine||12||$US $10,101.99|
|1961 Land Rover Defender||9||$42,995.00|
|1969 Other Makes||21||$23,900.00|
|1963 Other Makes||21||$16,900.00|