1966 Volvo P1800 P1800
Sale price: $US $14,900.00 make an offer
Last update: 02.10.2016
Technical specifications, photos and description:
Volvo 1800 S Black
Original 1966 P1800 nicely updated ready to enjoy. A stunning black with nice chrome accents.
NOTE: We would suggest serious inquires call us 214 352 0868 to discuss vehicle / pricing !
Come see and drive car at our facility. you can compare to several other classics. This P1800 is stunning !
1966 Volvo 1800S
Color: Black - original paint color was light blue
Engine: Upgraded B20 (2. 0L / 4cyl). The car originally comes with a B18. and the B20 was introduced in 1969 and provides a significant horse-power increase in horsepower.
This is the exact year. make and model of Irv Gordons' Guinness World Record holding car with the highest mileage. It is one of the few 60's era cars you could daily drive. Here's a link the information:
Owner purchsed this car in September of 2013 to work on with his son. Completed a long list of improvements with an aim toward improved handling and drivability. Son has since gone off to college driving a different car and so reluctantly I've concluded it is time to let this one go.
Vehicle has always been parked in home garage. The car shows well and the paint looks great. There are a few flaws in the paint if you look close but we cannot find any bubbling up of any damage under paint. all looks great.
Video of the car can be found here: https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=ewQtPzZ7TfQ
Work done by owner in the last 2 years:
· Installed rebuilt transmission (iRoll Motors. Morgan Hill. CA) with new clutch kit.
· Installed rebuilt D Type Overdrive (iRoll Motors. Morgan Hill. CA).
· Professionally re-balanced and rebuilt the drive shaft.
· Installed new carrier bearing.
· Replaced Dana 30 rear axle with one from a '73 with LSD (limited slip differential. so both wheel apply traction). These are difficult to find and extremely expensive to replace the standard one wheel carrier assembly. Now has disc brakes front and back. and stops extremely well. A high quality aluminum adaptor is installed on the front wheel hubs converting the bolt pattern to 5x108mm so the front and rear bolt patterns match.
· Completely rebuild the rear Dana 30 axle with all new parts (rotors. calipers. lines. polyurethane bushings etc. )
· The carburetor has been upgraded (and jetted) to the dependable Weber with the Cannon intake manifold with fuel regulator
· The ignition system is a Pertronix electronic ignition. for easy start up and dependable performance (no more points to set).
· All gauges except the original temperature gauge and clock function correctly.
· Front lower and upper ball joints replaced right and left.
· New front brake components rotors. calipers etc.
· Re-valved Bilstien shocks all the way around (Vintage Performance Development - VPD).
· New front and rear springs that lower the car ½”. Front/Rear tires don't rub and the car handles much better than stock. It has much less body role in corners.
· Front and rear engine oil seals replaced.
· Radiator refurbished (boiled out and pressure tested).
· Rebuilt like new brake booster. Again. the brakes on this car are superb.
· Replace lower steering box seal.
· Replaced clutch cylinder.
· New tires.
· Various new chrome pieces (rear turn signal housings. gas lid key. trunk handle etc. )
· Welded steel plates to the top of the front shock mounts to prevent any future cracking. (A known weakness on this car. )
· LED Instrument lights. Great night time visibility.
· A small patch was done to the driver's side floor pan behind the driver's seat sometime in the past. While not urgent it could use a professional repair job. We have an entire driver side floor pan that is included with the sale.
· The driver's seat is off the track on one side and needs to be reinstalled.
· The headliner is sagging a bit over the passenger's side. A new headliner is included with the sale.
· Original Volvo radio does not work.
· There are two very small dents on the car. One on the top of the rear bumper and one on the back left quarter panel.
Included with the sale:
· Driver's side floor pan (used good condition).
· New in the box pre-sewn headliner.
· Kit for upgrading the engine to a GM one wire alternator.
· Large stack of receipts going back to 2013.
More pics and video of this vehicle. Ebay has changed policy and does not allow link to 100's of additional pictures Email and will send the link to pics if this does not work
Other classics available. such as BMW 2002's /// Colorado 73 sunroof includ (restored Granada Red 70. 71 Agave Green new engine. new paint. new AC. 73 Inka Tii solid shape ready for updates. 73 Tiaga Green and several others)
We at Selectclassics did not build this car (was built by our customer ) but can potentially provide additional services to the car if at new owners request. SelectClassics specializes in building these vehicles to customer specific requirements. We have additional nicely preserved classics ready to build or for sale AS IS. We also would encourage non local buyers to ask questions. have an inspector review vehicle and / or inspect vehicle in person. We have attempted to accurately describe vehicle AS IS and the many hours of update work that has gone into its updates.
Vehicle is sold AS IS Where AS with no express or implied warrant. Vehicle can be seen at our 10. 00 square foot re-manufacturing facility located at 11447 Reeder Road. Dallas. nbsp;TX 75229 or feel free to call 214 352 0868 or email us through ebay.
No Warranty Express or Implied
This vehicle is being sold as is. where is with no warranty. expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description. authenticity. genuineness. or defects herein. and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrect feature. imperfection. defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle. and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
Terms and Conditions
Winning bidder must contact us within 24 hours of auction end. and make arrangements for payment at that time. A minimum $1000. 00 non-refundable deposit is due within 48 hours of end of auction. The remainder is due within 7 days of auction end. If no contact is made within 24 hours we reserve the right to re-list the vehicle. sell it to the next high bidder. or sell it otherwise.
Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping of this vehicle. If you wish to have it shipped using a service. we will gladly work with you. You can locate shippers by doing a search for `auto shippers`.
If you are not sure about something. please ask! Do not assume anything not listed is included. We reserve the right to cancel bids for excessive negative feedback. We reserve the right to end the listing if the vehicle is no longer available for sale.
Please do not bid on this auction unless you are serious about owning this vehicle.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Morgan cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £39,950.00Morgan PLUS FOUR 2 seater
price: £16,000.00Morgan 4/4
price: £16,950.00Morgan 4/4 2.0 TwinCam Historic Race/Competition Car Project
price: £24,500.00V8 MORGAN CLASSIC RPI Engineering Projects - Development Car 1998 Mog Gomog V8
|Morgan: Plus Four 4/4||7||$C $35,000.00|
|1939 Packard||6||$US $55,600.00|
|1965 Shelby 289FIA||19||$124,900.00|
|1967 Morgan Plus Four||21||$US $26,200.00|
|1957 Morgan Plus Four||8||$US $14,100.00|
|1961 Morgan 4/4||9||$US $20,000.00|
|1968 Chevrolet Camaro RS||20||$28,500.00|
|1965 Jeep CJ cj6||10||$US $3,705.00|
|1961 Morgan 4/4||9||$US $20,000.00|
|1965 Morgan Plus Four||12||$33,500.00|
|1937 Ford Other||21||$49,995.00|
|1960 Morgan Plus Four||14||$US $3,550.00|
|1980 Morgan Plus Four||15||$35,000.00|
|Morgan 4/4 1600 4 seater||2||£15,950.00|
|1965 Shelby 289FIA||19||$129,900.00|
|1966 Morgan Plus 4||12||$37,995.00|
|1962 Morgan Plus Four||11||$59,999.00|
|Morgan Plus 4 'Flat Rad'||6||£29,950.00|
|Morgan: Plus Four||19||$C $49,900.00|
|Morgan: Plus Four 4/4||7||$C $35,000.00|