1953 Other Makes ZUNDAPP
Sale price: $12,950.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
The KS601 was in production from approximately 1951-1958. Much rarer than the period BMW. the Zundapp sported a very similar opposed twin in 600cc. This is a 1953 KS601 "Sport". The Sport option was a rare factory high performance model with higher compression and 34 horsepower. while the standard KS601 had 28 horsepower.
This bike was restored in the early 1990s. The engine was rebuilt. and the frame/bodywork painted in the color combination you see here. After the restoration the motorcycle was briefly driven around the block then parked. It was stored indoors for 22 years until recently when I acquired it. The engine was carefully brought back to life. The tank was cleaned. the carbs were rebuilt. a new battery was installed. and the bike fired on the 3rd kick. The engine is smooth and tight. with absolutely no smoke. So far after several runs. it has not leaked one drop of oil. The transmission is tight and the brakes are excellent. The tires look great and have virtually no miles on them. but they are old and should be replaced before any serious riding miles.
The paint has held up very well. It is shiny and looks new. however there are a few small chips here and there and a slight dent on the lower front fender edge. Most of the chrome is beautiful. A few chrome bolt heads. the points cover. and the upper fork legs show some slight freckling. Some of the spokes on the rear wheel are showing some slight surface rust. The aluminum on the bike (wheels. fork legs. triple tree. hubs. etc. ) is spectacular. and is polished like original to a gorgeous sheen. The beautiful mufflers are MINT - they are ding free and mirror-like. MANY hours have been spent cleaning and polishing the bike. bringing it back to its former lustre.
The original petcocks have been rebuilt and function perfectly with zero leakage. An original Hella tail light and brand new carburetor top boots (not photographed) are included with the sale.
This motorcycle comes with a clear California title in my name. There is a very reasonable reserve on this auction. This motorcycle is not advertised elsewhere. and this auction is the exclusive opportunity to purchase it. This is a RARE opportunity to obtain a very desirable classic machine in excellent condition. These Zundapps are RAPIDLY appreciating and NOW is the time to buy!
Please ask any and all questions and read the terms below before bidding.
Terms of This Sale:
1) By bidding in this auction. you declare that you have read the Terms of this Sale as outlined below and agree to them.
2) If you are the winning high bidder in this auction. you are entering a legal and binding contract to purchase the motorcycle. as outlined in the eBay User Agreement . Since bid retractions upset the auction process. any bid retractions without our prior knowledge and approval will cause the auction to end immediately.
3) The motorcycle may be viewed in person. by appointment in Costa Mesa. California. prior to the end of the auction. I am located 7 minutes from Orange County Airport (SNA). and 40 Minutes from LAX. Please email for an appointment. If you have any questions. please ask them BEFORE you bid.
4) Please. bid on this motorcycle only if you are serious about owning it and have the funds available. Payment is due in full within 3 days of the end of the auction. (Overseas bidders please contact me re payment-I know it takes 4-5 days for wire transfers. )
5) The motorcycle is sold "as is. where is. with no warranty. Transportation is the responsibility of the new owner. I can recommend reliable professional transporters or shippers and will assist with loading.
6) After the auction has ended. the sale price is final. Thank you and good luck!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Zundapp cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $25,000.001979 Other Makes
price: $1,599.001972 Other Makes 125 MX
price: $US $5,950.001953 Other Makes ZUNDAPP
price: $US $2,750.00Zündapp
|1955 Other Makes elastic||7||$2,800.00|
|1954 Other Makes Zundapp KS601 standard||21||$21,000.00|
|1958 Other Makes Bella R 154||6||$US $2,400.00|
|1974 Other Makes MX 125||12||$2,700.00|
|1974 Other Makes Zundapp GS125||4||$US $3,150.00|
|1956 Other Makes||21||$3,999.00|
|1972 Other Makes Rickman||21||$US $2,025.00|
|1955 Other Makes Norma Luxus||21||$US $2,200.00|
|1972 Other Makes Rickman||5||$US $1,500.00|
|1953 Other Makes||6||$US $8,500.00|
|1972 Other Makes Rickman||5||$US $1,525.00|
|1964 Other Makes||7||$US $314.00|
|1972 Other Makes RICKMAN||21||$US $1,525.00|
|1942 Other Makes||6||$US $5,900.00|
|1958 Other Makes||7||$US $202.50|
|1957 Other Makes||9||$US $1,075.00|
|1979 Other Makes||2||$15,000.00|