Jaguar : XJS 2 Door Coupe
Sale price: $5,200.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Trim:||2 Door Coupe|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Jaguar : XJS 2 Door Coupe for sale
1986 Jaguar XJS 2 Door Coupe with Euro-Wrap Package
Classic Jaguar Lines. Real Wire Wheels. New Parts for brakes and suspension enhancement provided.
Want to see 186 Hi-Res Photos? Contact Chad at 330-353-1750
Family bought in approx 2003. Son owned for 2 years. father bought back in 2005. 4-5 years ago body and paint was restored. The car was in such good mechanical condition and with such a well preserved interior that it warranted the investment. Black cars with real spoke wires are so striking. Replacement brake and suspension components purchased to compliment restoration but not yet critical to install yet. Car was professionally maintained. ( see scanned bills)
* Installed Euro style front and rear bumpers as well as side pieces.
* Complete repaint with Euro treatment.
* Very smooth. shiny. and professionally done with beautiful finish.
* A few yet almost unnoticeable slight imperfections.
* A few pinhead size nicks on the front. and passenger side front fender.
* Very light fine scratches that are typical of normal wash or wiping off a black car.
* Car seems to match all the way around
* Paint has some slight bubbling where the front fenders meet the door on the lower section. (see pictures)
* Body was nicely prepared prior to paint. and I did not notice any obvious dents or dings in the body.
* Body is nice and straight. Not laser straight. but looks very nice. and had to be of high quality.
* The fits and gaps around both doors appear to be very similar. and fairly equal on both sides.
* Trunk and hood gaps look fairly even with little difference on one side verses the other. (see pictures)
* On the rear bumper assembly. right below emblem where it bonds together you do see about every 3 or 4 inches a little mark that has to do with joining bumper to the body. (unnoticeable if not looking at just the right angle)
* In going around car and randomly checking different areas it appears there is no where on the car except for the Euro bumpers and lower rocker that does not appear to be metal.
* We did not detect any obvious signs of thick filler with the exception of a small repair was indicated at the back of the left fender. (can not see it but we can detect repair work at sometime) Past owner indicated a tree branch repair in this area and axle repair at the same time.
* Body has standard amount of paint on top and sides.
* Bright work surrounding the window areas is nice and shiny showing very minimal wear. and seems to be solidly attached. (With the exception of the molding by the left right lower corner of the windshield) (see pictures)
* Door handles. mirrors and strip above trunk shine nicely showing just a slight amount of age. However the left side rear mirror does have a little pitting on the top and the back side. (see pictures)
*All glass in the car is marked with xxx triplex. (example can be seen in the pictures)
* Side window and rear window are all a dark tint.
* All of the glass looks very fresh without any discoloring and delamination.
* No cracks. obvious wiper marks. or scratches in glass (couple of small scratches on the tint on the inside)
* Windshield has a couple pinhead size nicks and one small repaired half circle looking bullseye. (Located about six inches down and three inches in from the windshields right top corner)
* Behind the left and right side windows is a small area of a vinyl covering. Its very shiny and looks very recent and shows no weathering or discoloring. (Guessing it may have been restored during the repaint)
* With the exception of the headliner that was recently replaced by current owner. it would appear that the interior looks all original.
* Appears to have held up better than many 80s Jaguars that we have assisted people with and listed in the past.
* The leather is still pretty supple and has held up very well and obviously has been cared for.
* The sun visors have been replaced at the same time as the headliner.
* The seats and door panels appear to be all intact with a little bit more typical wear on the drivers seat and the drivers door handle.
* The coloring of the interior and the carpet is faded a bit. but the carpet is all intact.
* There are a couple of burns holes that appear to be from cigarettes in the drivers carpet area. (see pictures)
* The dash panel wood grain and controls all look like they have little wear and have not seen a tremendous amount of sun or heat. and have held up well. Same is true of all the gauges.
* We did not remove the steering wheel cover but it appears that the black wheel underneath is in pretty nice condition.
* The trunk appears to be intact with the original coverings.
* The current battery is a little over sized and the factory cover does not completely fit down in place.
*Additional wheel is provided with the cover. how ever there is not an extra tire. Current owner used car very little and was not concerned about having one.
* There is a bag of tire change tools that can be seen in the pictures.
Tires and Wheels-
* Continental tires
Left front- 225-60-15 9/32 Right front- 225-60-15 9/32
Left rear- 225-60-15 9/32 Left front- 225-60-15 9/32
*Tires are mounted on real wire wheels with a Jaguar emblem in the center.
*Brought to the owners attention that the right front had a lug missing. (which he was not aware of)
* There is no curb damage to tires or wheels. Also did not notice any cracking of the rubber.
Engine and Transmission-
* It appears to not be drastic altered in any way from the way it was originally designed.
* Chassis looks pretty natural and not with rust perforation damage with the exception of the bottom of the rear quarters. small piece by the drive shaft. and the front edges of the floors. The rest of the chassis has very minimal surface rust. (see pictures)
*There is some seeping of oil in the front of the engine from just normal older car seals.
* The transmission dip stick tube has a little bit of seepage around it.
* Chad and owner took about a 15 miles ride to have the car put on lift to photograph bottom side. On the way back Chad had the opportunity to drive. He noticed that the engine seemed to accelerate and operate properly and smoothly. The transmission seems to shift correctly and operate as it should. Upon stopping the brakes don't seem to pulsate noticeably. Car seems to stop fairly straight. In general its a very smooth accelerating fun car to drive and handles very well. There are some new components with the car which you will see in pictures. Title indicates “ actual” mileage transmission was replaced 2-4. 00 miles ago.
*Front blinkers left and right work
* Rear blinkers work both sides
* Brake lights work
* Four ways work
* Left side back up work
* High and low beams work
* Both power windows work
* Sunroof opens. closes. and tilts
* Fuel gauge working/ oil gauge working/ tach working/ speedometer working but at times will stop for short time. Owner thinks might need new speedometer cable.
* Power antenna works all the way up and down
* Cassette Player
* Power Mirrors
* Real Wire Wheels
* Power steering
* Power brakes
* Air conditioning
* Leather seating area
* Cruise control
* AM-FM radio
* Parts and repair manual included with sale
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
10% deposit ($1. 00 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
· Cash-in-person. verified by a bank
· Bank to bank wire transfers to seller's account
· Cashier's or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Welcome to Auto Connection
Connecting buyers and sellers of unique vehicles
Conditions of Sale:
Auto Connection is NOT a car dealer; but more like a real estate agent. They are a 3rd party agent. representing both buyer AND seller. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors. and they provide advertising. marketing. and consulting services for individuals. companies. or dealers.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results. including history statements of vehicle history. repairs. etc.
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty. unless otherwise stated.
Information about serial numbers. engine numbers. and any other codes does not guarantee a vehicle's authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin. trim tag. engine block. cylinder heads. transmission. differential. or other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation. authenticity. repairs. mechanical work. titles. odometer discrepancies. matching numbers. stamped engines. casting numbers. or any other codes. tags. or numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists. as well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags.
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge. but does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence. including a physical inspection of the vehicle in person. or through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser. We welcome inspections and even have an 8 page professional vehicle inspection form you or your appraiser can use.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller. or stipulated in the Bill of Sale.
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends). if the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not). Auto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashier's check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection).
For the most part. the vehicle for sale is not “perfect”. It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint. body. engine. etc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot. undisclosed problems with the frame. etc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation. Auto Connection would negotiate with the seller and buyer to try to reach an agreeable solution.
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment. options and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale. the laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID.
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item. do not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding. Bid Shielding. Auction Interference. and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding. bidder accepts all the terms and conditions above.
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-452-5788 or email Chad@AutoConnectioncars. com Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law. Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
Also published at eBay.ca
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Jaguar cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $8,500.00Jaguar : Other
price: £12,995.00DAIMLER V12 DOUBLE SIX VDP AUTO 1974 68,000 MILES FROM NEW VERY RARE CAR
price: $15913Jaguar S Type R 2003 Supercharged NO Reserve
price: £5,995.001977 JAGUAR 5.3 XJ12 L AUTO WHITE
|1966 Jaguar Other||11||$US $5,100.00|
|1963 Jaguar XK --||12||$52,500.00|
|1964 Jaguar Other||12||$84,500.00|
|1967 Jaguar E-Type XKE Roadster||4||$169,995.00|
|1986 Jaguar XJ6||7||$7,000.00|
|1989 Jaguar XK||7||$15,000.00|
|1972 Jaguar E-Type Series lll XKE||12||$93,500.00|
|1974 Jaguar XKE||12||$US $35,200.00|
|1974 Jaguar E-Type||10||$95,000.00|
|1953 Jaguar XK||21||$109,000.00|
|1954 Jaguar XK||12||$73,000.00|
|1966 Jaguar XK Series 1||21||$195,900.00|
|1973 Jaguar E-Type 2 +2||21||$55,000.00|
|1973 Jaguar E-Type||21||$US $40,000.00|
|1972 Jaguar E-Type XKE||21||$76,900.00|
|1954 Jaguar XK XK120||6||$US $20,100.00|
|1963 Jaguar Other||12||$US $17,750.00|
|1963 Jaguar E-Type||8||$193,000.00|
|1956 Jaguar E-Type 140||21||$21,750.00|
|1969 Jaguar XK||12||$10,750.00|