1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mark III
Sale price: $3,333.33 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||British Racing Green|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mark III for sale
This 1966 Sprite was purchased in London in 1966 by a work colleague of mine. It was sold with the US left hand drive and driven for 3 months there so that it could be imported with a lower duty as it was then regarded a used car. It was driven for many years until about 1992 when it was left in the driveway for ten years. In 2002 the owner told me about it over lunch and didn't want to junk it (it was no longer running). I had previously owned a 1963 Mark II which I bought in 1966 and expressed interest. So it was given to me provided I restored it. I flat-bedded it to my house. Twenty thousand dollars later I am now ready to pass it on to someone else to use and maintain. It's been fun and I have a few stories to tell. Like the time I was toodling down 280 in the right hand lane when a Dodge Viper slowed down next to me and leaned over to give me a big thumbs up! He like MY car! I acknowledged the compliment and he roared off with his 500 HP and I kept toodling along with my 55 HP.
The car is sold as is. Here is what it is:
· My daily driver. Runs great. has never let me down. 92. 00 miles
· Clear California pink slip. current registration to 1/12/15
· VIN HAN8L62333
· All I did to it was overhaul the carb and distributor and it has run well ever since
· As far as I know the engine has never been overhauled; a little blue smoke at start up but not while running.
· Reupholstered. new top. new tonneau. interior carpets. seat covers from Moss Motors
· Added front anti-sway bar (Moss Motors)
· Stripped the car completely including windshield. windows. bumpers and dash to have it repainted. It has some bondo so paint job was $3800 in 2003
· Removed the original front fender mirrors which I didn't like. Recently installed right and left mirrors on the doors
· Motorcycle hit the left rear so fender and paint was repaired; paint on the back deck was recently repainted (2014) when it cracked; very shiny now
· Front end took a detail man's wax job last week for photos but it will fade and need to be redone within a year.
· A few faint cracks. rust bubbles and blemishes are shown in the photos.
· Someday it should be repainted but for me it has been a daily driver so with a bit of elbow grease just being shiny is good enough.
· Converted to negative ground
· Blaupunkt CD/AM/FM/MP3 (jack) player with remote. speakers behind the seats
· Generator replaced with alternator
Spin-on oil filter conversion
· New rear springs August. 2013
· Rear drum brake pads replaced and adjusted August. 2013
· Front disc pads were good. spare set included
· Differential. Transmission. engine fluids replaced August 2013
· I had to have second gear synchro replaced twice. Clutch was replaced twice; once when it wore out. the second time because made sense to do it when the engine/transmission was pulled.
Engine and transmission were painted and had a few upgrades ($4000!)
· Heater works but I wouldn't take it to snow country
· Windshield washer (yes that was stock) has all the parts but is not functional.
· Tires have good tread but are Chinese takeoffs recently acquired (8/2014).
Has a few rattles - a challenge for you.
Miscellaneous stuff. black vinyl. snaps and fittings. front disc pads. manuals. etc.
Well that's it. Fun car to drive. I hate to let it go. especially now that it's been detailed. but 3 cars and only one driver seems a bit much for a retired guy.
Payment: Paypal. Cash. Cashiers check within seven days.
Send questions and I will be happy to answer.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from dan picklesimer, dated 26 june 2014
is this vehicle still available. very interested in same
from Vanessa Lusk, dated 23 june 2014
Hello, my name is Vanessa and I'm very interested in your Austin-Healey Sprite MK III. It's a very beautiful car and my father and I, my project loving buddy, are excited to challenge ourselves with a classic. This car looks well restored but i have a couple questions. Is their any part of the car that still needs to be restored? Most of the fun my father and I have is restoring the cars, that's why I ask. Another question is if any of the parts are not original? Thank you very much for your time not only in reading and responding my email, but also for restoring this beautiful car! -Vanessa and Jack
Other classic Austin-Healey cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $36,000.001960 Austin Healey 3000 MK1
price: $57,750.001965 Austin Healey 3000 MK111
price: $40,000.001962 Austin Healey 3000
price: $31,100.00Owned and Maintained for the past 41 years by previous owner
|1963 Austin Healey 3000 Mark III Replica||4||$31,995.00|
|1964 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII BJ8 --||12||$79,900.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000||21||$94,900.00|
|1966 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8||12||$15,750.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Sprite||12||$26,000.00|
|1968 Austin Healey Sprite||21||$US $500.00|
|1962 Austin Healey Other||16||$US $9,999.00|
|1957 Austin Healey Other||10||$45,000.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000 --||10||$79,900.00|
|1972 Austin Healey Sprite rally prepared||18||$US $18,100.00|
|1959 Austin Healey Bug Eye Sprite MK I --||21||$US $7,500.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000||21||$US $40,100.00|
|1957 Austin Healey 100-6 Roadster||21||$US $5,500.00|
|1962 Austin Healey Other||5||$18,500.00|
|Austin Healey: 3000 Leather||21||$C $135,000.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Other||9||$US $830.00|
|1955 Austin Healey 100 BN1 "LE MANS"||21||$89,995.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000 3000, BJ8||14||$US $79,775.00|
|1968 Austin Healey Sprite||12||$US $6,600.00|
|1962 Austin Healey 3000||21||$38,500.00|