1970 Buick Skylark
Sale price: $20,006.00 make an offer
Car location: Calgary, Alberta, CanadaSale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
1970 Buick GSX (Tribute)
Private sale. By owner
Thank you for viewing our listing.
We're selling our 1970 Buick GSX (Tribute). As a longtime Buick fan, this was easily one of the favourite cars in our eclectic little collection. We've sold off nearly the entire collection (please see our feedback). This is pretty much one of the last. May sound cliche but we'll probably kick ourselves for this one.
This is an outstanding and quite remarkable car for several reasons :
- Firstoff, it's not your typical re-creation GSX. This is quite bang on.
- As well, it wasn't recently built.
- It was restored over 30 years ago!
- It was a very high quality-quality restoration/transformation.
- Despite being done 30+ years ago, this car has only approx 3,500 miles since built (!!!)
- It was the personal car, and personal build, of an absolutely festidiously professional Corvette restoration expert. He owned this car in total 37 years. This was done by a professional, for himself to keep. Rest assured, it is to the highest standards.
- Being done over 3 decades back, means it wasn't done as they are now, by clicking a few internet buttons and getting mail delivery of boxes containing reproduction parts... This GSX (Tribute) was built with some real actual GSX parts, obtained back in the 70's, from a real actual GSX!
- As well, it was built as a real 1970 GSX, with real painted stripes... just as the 1970 models were actually done.
- These aren't your standard stick-on decals.
- There are purportedly over 150 hours into just getting the stripes done exact factory.
- Buicks factory Hemi-Killer 1970 GS455 engine was built to Stage II and beyond specs. It is a mighty mighty motor and pulls like a FREIGHT TRAIN.
- Noteworthy also is that there are a few driving upgrades that really enhance the enjoyment. The performance suspension with huge sway bars etc make the car an absolute blast. I never thought I'd love (and I mean LOVE) having a vintage car that carves the twisties. The big power is great but adding sportscar handling into the equation twists the fun factor dial way way up.
- Another driving upgrade I should mention is the strengthened Corvette O/D transmission with lockup converter. High speed highway drives, especially on curvy mountain roads, are an absolute blast.
It'd be impossible to list all the nuances and small touches that add up to the incredible machine this car is.
Like I started off by saying... Not your typical re-creation.
- Most of the photographs were taken last fall.
- The last 4 were taken day-of-listing to show that:
The car comes with the original Buick rally wheels,
(as shown in the most recent photos).
- Along with the MSD ignition system, the car has a later model HEI type distributor. The larger HEI distributor interfered with the GS fresh air ducting pans to the hood scoop.
Please refer to the pictures. I've tried my best to photo document the car accurately.
*** No more pictures will be taken ***
Look closely at the ones supplied and extrapolate from the feedback others have left.
- If you are uncomfortable/uneasy, simply please don't bid. Keep in mind:
- Neither me or my wife are salespeople. We're not going to try talking anyone into anything. The car is unreserved and will sell anyhow. Our efforts are put into helping the winner in any way we can.
We'll make an offer I don't see any other sellers doing:
You can send a professional appraiser to come and see.
- I will be more than accommodating.
- In fact, if your given any legitimate reason to not buy this car... I will pay for the appraisal !!!
I don't think there's many eBay sellers willing to stand behind their listed vehicle like this.
The car is located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Please note: Ebay does not have provision for people with multiple residences
- Please don't ask us where it's located.... It's Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Shipping will be from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Because of it's age and domestic build,
This car is free of any import/export restrictions,
and can travel perfectly freely.
Title can be transferred as easily as state to state. No difference.
Please do not ask what special papers it needs for the US... Answer is NONE.
Once again, it can travel as freely as state to state, and titles are perfectly and immediately transferable.
Take a look at our feedback. Selling off our cars, we have built some very decent feedback. Common themes are "very helpful", "trust Johnny & Sophia", and "vehicle better than described". My wife Sophia has gotten pretty good at arranging shipping. She'll set everything up for you. You won't have to lift a finger. Most states are I the 1,500 to 2,000 dollar price range. Furthermost destinations like Texas and Florida range about 2,250. Please budget for at least this much. *** Please note ... I understand this may have come up a bit due to rising fuel costs etc. ***
EUROPEAN shipping is NO PROBLEM. Please inquire if this applies to you.
Vehicle must be paid for within 72 hours of end of auction, unless previous arrangements made before end of auction.
As mentioned, we have sold off 30+ cars. Please see our feedback! I have lost my enthusiasm for cars. During our sell-off, my wife has gotten pretty darn good at setting up shipping and taking care of everything. She'll do the same for the Buick too! Delivery to most US states is in the 1,500 to 1,750 range. Further destinations, like Florida and Texas, are in the 2,250 range. (Once again, please budget a little more as I understand it's come up a bit )
Nothing much else left to say. I'm human so please expect that I've probably missed something. If you have any questions, please write. I'll check messages several times daily and respond. If you'd like to speak on the phone, I'm happy to arrange that too.
With that said, Good Luck and happy bidding!
Also please look at our other auction:
- 1967 Mercury Meteor Station Wagon
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Buick cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $26,800.001986 Buick Grand National
price: $32,567.001966 Buick Riviera GRAN SPORT Super Wildcat ultra-rare MZ Code
price: $US $25,000.001970 Buick Other
price: $US $30,000.001964 Buick Riviera
|1949 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon||13||$89,995.00|
|1984 Buick Electra Park Avenue||12||$23,988.00|
|1972 Buick Riviera||18||$15,000.00|
|1969 Buick Riviera Real GS - Frame Up Restored||25||$55,895.00|
|1987 Buick Grand National||24||$15,000.00|
|1958 Buick Special Riviera Estate Wagon||25||$69,995.00|
|1909 Buick 10||21||$11,000.00|
|1969 Buick Skylark Custom||12||$34,995.00|
|1955 Buick Roadmaster Riviera||12||$22,995.00|
|1987 Buick Grand National||19||$22,500.00|
|1970 Buick Skylark||17||$16,000.00|
|1949 Buick Road Master Fastback||24||$10,100.00|
|1970 Buick GS - CONVERTIBLE - 455 ENGINE - NUMBERS MATCHING - SE||25||$84,950.00|
|1949 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon||25||$89,995.00|
|1969 Buick Skylark||8||$19,999.00|
|1970 Buick Skylark Convertible||1||$11,200.00|
|1974 Buick LeSabre Convertible luxus original||24||$15,000.00|
|1970 Buick Riviera||24||$9,300.00|
|1966 Buick Electra 225||8||$8,999.00|
|1975 Buick LeSabre Convertible survivor original||20||$16,500.00|