1951 Mercury Other
Sale price: $22,000.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
This is a unique car with a great story. It is originally a South American heater delete Mercury. but found its way to southern California in the 90s where it went through a restoration with some hot rod modifications. This is where most of the mods were completed including but not limited to lowering the car 4 inches. suspension and power brake upgrades. shaving the door and trunk handles. 12 volt conversion of the entire car including gauges. radio. windshield wipers and new wiring harness. In addition. 4 new wheels were purchased to accommodate the disc brakes up front. The car also had a factory heater installed to accommodate those chilly California mornings and nights. The car was driven in California for more than 8 years.
The owner of the car in California entered some rough financial times in the late 90s or early 2000s and sold the car to a friend in Philadelphia. who stored the car in a warehouse for a decade. In Philadelphia. the car was repainted the charcoal gray. the interior was redone including painting the dash. and there were new tires put on the car. The car was not driven at all in the 10 years it was stored in the warehouse in Philadelphia.
I bought the car 3 years ago from that Philadelphia gentlemen and put it on the road and made it roadworthy. I have been driving it to car shows and around on the weekends for fun. To make it roadworthy. the car needed a ton of tweaks. Those included an alignment. all the fluids drained. new spark plugs. a new choke and adjusted the carburetor. We adjusted the linkage of the manual column shift to make sure that it was aligned and lubed it as well as the entire car. We also adjusted the panel fit to get the doors. trunk and hood aligned properly and completed the door actuated poppers which work perfectly. Panel fit is pretty good considering the car is 65 years old. I bought a lot of original parts to complete the car including door trim and garnish moldings. vent window handles. inside door handles and installed them. There are a ton of hours of labor in this car over the past three owners. as well as a lot of money in upgraded parts or original OEM parts. not to mention the time it takes to find them.
Here are all the specifics to the car in bulleted form:
1951 Mercury -- South American rust free car (titled as a 1949 but body is a 1951) This was always a bit of a mystery. Clean PA Title.
Style 9M72 Body NO 15816
• Body has Solid Steel all around
• New chrome tail light housings and lenses -- all original
• Re-chromed bumpers. horn ring & tail light surrounds by Frankford Plating
• Door and trunk handles are shaved with actuated door poppers installed. Controlled from a key fob.
• Paint is shiny but has a few bubbles and cracks in gutters and top of fenders. Remainder of the car body is straight and without damage or dents. The paint is approximately 10 years old so it shows some age (not perfect)
• Original Radio converted to solid state AM/FM/CD. 12 volt. etc. (Not installed yet)
• Was heater delete -- All original heater system installed
• Ron Francis Wiring fuse block with new custom harness
• Original Cluster reworked by Auto Instruments (and Speedo converted from kilometers to miles)
• Seats and door panels all look great with gray and white vinyl door panels
• J&M Enterprises (Jamco) Deluxe ride kit:
• 4" reduction in OEM ride height
• Generation II Front Sway Bar
• Deluxe Rear Leaf Kit with 4" reduction in OEM ride height
• Dual Chamber Master Cylinder w/booster kit
• King Pin to Ball Joint Conversion
• Disc Brake conversion on Front brakes
• New center link & idler arm kit
• New custom wheels from Stockton wheel to accommodate new disk brakes
• 2 -15x7 OEM 50N4. 5 @4. 25" & 2 15x7 OEM 50N5. 5 @4. 25"
• New radial tires
• New 12 Volt wiper systems
• Correct repro serial number tag & data plate from AE
• Dual exhaust out the sides in front of the rear wheel (sounds great)
• Original flathead engine and transmission -- runs great
• Many. many correct replacement parts -- not reproduction
• Manuals and pictures of the California restoration included
I'm selling the car because I would like to take a Merc and resto mod the entire drive train. This car is way too together and functional to rip the body off and drop it on a new chassis with a new fuel injected crate engine.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Mercury cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $10,099.991956 Mercury Other
price: $22,430.001949 Mercury Model 49 MSRC
price: $85,995.001949 Mercury Coupe
price: $US $13,300.001971 Mercury Cyclone
|1954 Mercury Monterey Gasser||4||$24,995.00|
|1950 Mercury Monterey Woody Wagon||4||$63,995.00|
|1960 Mercury Monterey||4||$27,995.00|
|1961 Mercury Meteor||4||$23,995.00|
|1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator||4||$34,995.00|
|1970 Mercury Montego Ford, Couger, Mustang, Terino, 429'CJ, V8, Other||18||$US $8,655.55|
|1969 Mercury Cougar||12||$US $7,250.00|
|1969 Mercury Cougar||12||$24,000.00|
|1968 Mercury Cougar Dan Gurney Special||19||$24,500.00|
|1967 Mercury Cougar||21||$15,000.00|
|1979 Mercury Cougar||12||$9,000.00|
|1969 Mercury Cougar||7||$24,000.00|
|1968 Mercury Cougar COUGAR MUSTANG 289 V8||21||$US $8,000.00|
|1967 Mercury Comet Cyclone GT||10||$30,999.00|
|1951 Mercury Monterey Hot Rod Custom||12||$US $30,000.00|
|1949 Mercury Eight||9||$33,900.00|
|1951 Mercury Other||12||$US $7,000.00|
|1965 Mercury Parklane Marauder||3||$19,995.00|
|1965 Mercury Comet||19||$US $9,999.00|
|1955 Mercury Monterey||12||$18,000.00|