Backdraft Cobra, Roush 402 (Shelby, Superformance, roadster,sports car race car)
Sale price: $52,359.00 make an offer
Price trends for this listing:
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||Indigo blue with grey/silver stripes|
|Engine:||402 sr roush v8|
|Trim:||Backdraft Cobra, Roush 402 (Shelby, Superformance)|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Backdraft Cobra, Roush 402 (Shelby, Superformance, roadster,sports car race car) for sale
ROUSH 402 SR
DUAL ROLL HOOPS
CHROMED AND POLISHED 17” WHEELS
WILWOOD 6-POT PERFORMANCE BRAKES
$85. 00 TO DUPLICATE
Exotic. yet comfortably classic – the way Enzo would have designed a Cobra. The chassis is lower. wider and longer. with a more accommodating cockpit. Smoothly flared front fenders. narrow waist and bulging rear arches submit to long. thick sidepipes and a bellowing V8 roar. Yang yields to yin in this ultimate expression of automotive virility.
This is the brutally refined Backdraft Roadster. and it turns heads everywhere. At the Woodward Dream Cruise. Ferraris and Lambos were slighted when they pulled alongside. Upfront parking was reserved for this car when it transported us to Orchestra Hall and the Detroit Symphony. At Fleming's Steakhouse. valets paid us to let them park it. With about 1. 00 produced to date. the Backdraft is as rare as a Ferrari 458 – and just as fast to 100.
Includes every desirable option. Nearly perfect condition. $85. 00 to duplicate (contact me for dealer estimate). The finest components and mechanical expertise were employed in the development of this incredible supercar.
This car has never been driven on a track. That's the role of my Super Seven (see included picture). My Backdraft was the ultimate Saturday-night date weapon. and king of the cruise.
For those less familiar with Cobra replicas. the Backdraft is a FACTORY-BUILT CAR. It is constructed from 100% NEW PARTS. Frames are jig-welded to factory tolerances. Suspension is 100% BMW INDEPENDENT (FRONT AND REAR). Fiberglass is TRIPLE-LAMINATED AND STRESS-POINT REINFORCED. with EXOTICAR GLASS-SMOOTH FINISH. Unlike various home-built kits. the Backdraft is a COLLECTIBLE CAR that will RETAIN VALUE and provide years of trouble-free service.
· Constructed September 2007
· Titled as a 1965.
· Mid-engine design (engine mounted behind centerline of front axle)
· Polished Roush 402 SR with Holley. Edelbrock. MSD and 515 HORSEPOWER
· Ceramic coated sidepipes with chromed heat shields ($900 option)· TKO 500 5-speed with Centerforce dual plate clutch and Hurst short-shifter
· Fully-independent BMW suspension
· VDO gauges
· Carpeted interior and trunk
· Indigo Blue Metallic paint with silver stripes (BMW colors)
· Dual chromed roll hoops ($750 option)
· Chrome-plated fire extinguisher
· German fabric top. side curtains and tonneau. stowed in trunk ($2. 00 option)
· BDR all-weather car cover and fender cover ($300 option)· Heater ($600 option)
· Trunk-mounted 1. 00 watt Secret Audio radio/CD with remote control ($1. 00 option)
· Full 3M protection across front and both rear wheel arches ($700 option)
· Classic nudge bars and overriders. front and rear ($1. 00 option)
· 17"Hallibrand center-nut wheels. polished AND chromed ($1. 00 option)
· Xenon high-intensity headlights ($550 option)
At about 6. 00 miles. I upgraded the car. I wanted handling and braking improvements. but no deterioration in the excellent boulevard ride. I consulted Reg Dodd. owner of Backdraft Racing (BDR). Over the course of several hours. Reg provided many recommendations. I hired ex-Roush and NASCAR mechanic Kurt Ritchie to implement them:
· About $15. 00 spent
· Only BDR parts installed (unless noted)
· New 3. 64 BMW limited slip differential ($1. 00)
· Turner Motorsports fully adjustable heim-jointed suspension ($800)
· BDR performance motor and diff mounts. bushings. springs and shocks. Improves handling and lowers ride height ($2. 00)
· BDR performance cooling package. Thicker radiator. improved shroud. high-flow fan. Car NEVER overheats ($600)
· Wilwood "Big Brake" package with powder-coated calipers. slotted and drilled rotors. braided stainless lines ($3. 00)
· Sparco 12” suede-lined flat-bottomed steering wheel
· Cobra Corporation seats with steel frames. neck restraint. Pirelli suspension system. Recommended by Reg Dodd. Safer and more comfortable than stock ($1. 00)
· Removable clip-on Broadway center mirror (14" wide)
· Wider and stickier Nitto "01" tires ($1. 00)
· New BDR monogram mats ($350)
· Optima lightweight competition battery with integrated "Battery Tender"
· Pedal array engineered for heel/toeing by Kurt Ritchie· Dual dash-mounted 12 VDC power ports
· 2” gumball shift knob from Robby Gordon's NASCAR racer
Finally. this ultimate road warrior was aligned and corner-weighted at Autoeurope in Birmingham MI (thanks. Tom and Eric Schick). The result: Handling. acceleration and brakes suitable for the Nordschleife. and a boulevard ride ideal for cruises and long tours (thanks again for the Pirelli seat recommendation. nbsp;Reg Dodd).
Sale includes original leather clamshell seats. woodrim steering wheel. stock suspension components. used BDR mats. spare BMW swingarms and other parts.
Last note: Check my eBay history before bidding. NEARLY 500 SALES WITH "ZERO" NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. I am not a dealer. but my sales include several personally-owned sports and race cars delivered to Sweden. Germany. California. Montana. Florida and other points. I can advise regarding shipping. For more information. message Bruce via eBay or call my cell at 810-938-1010. Thanks!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Shelby cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $62,995.001965 Shelby Cobra Replica
price: $85,500.001969 Shelby GT 350
price: $29,648.001965 SHELBY 427 SC BIG BLOCK COBRA JET SHARP LOW RESERVE
price: $30,000.001965 Shelby Cobra Roadster
|1965 Shelby MKII||1||$37,900.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$54,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Factory Five Racing||4||$29,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra 427 ERA||3||$64,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$37,995.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$35,995.00|
|1968 Shelby GT500 --||12||$155,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Backdraft RT3 Replica||21||$69,450.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Mark II FACTORY FIVE RACE CAR||4||$US $21,500.00|
|1969 Shelby GT350||16||$US $35,400.00|
|1965 Shelby ford||8||$28,900.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||19||$US $25,000.00|
|1968 Shelby GT 350||21||$62,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$39,995.00|
|1964 Shelby Daytona Coupe Dan Rose Special||21||$64,995.00|
|1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Supercharged||12||$64,990.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 GT500||21||$128,995.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 Factory Air Conditioning||21||$106,995.00|
|1967 Shelby GT500 CSS Continuation Series||21||$299,995.00|