1985 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series
Sale price: $7,700.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series for sale
This is a beautiful example of the Mercedes 300D. Rust-free. second owner. California car with a clean title. We've converted her to run on veggie oil (SVO/WVO). You can run her on full veggie oil. diesel or any combination of the two. We've been getting 30+ MPG.
We love this car so much that we gave her a name: “Grace”. We bought her from the original owner. who had her garaged for years. She still has the original manuals and services records. We will include digital copies of major service done since we've owned her. The car also includes an original tool kit and first aid kit.
We were in the process of a full showroom quality restoration. But now we need to put the project aside and focus on our business. Along with having limited time. we needed to buy an SUV for our business and don't really have the room to park the Mercedes in our driveway.
We're looking for someone who appreciates the beauty. reliability and excellent engineering of the Mercedes 300D to enjoy this vehicle as is or take the project to completion. If you're a fan of these cars. you already know as diesels they'll easily run strong for 300. 00+ miles. Due to strength of build and engine these have been termed as "forever cars. " We sure treated her like one and she has a lot more to give.
Here's what we've done so far:
1. As we said above. the vehicle was professionally converted to run on veggie oil. You can run on diesel. bio diesel or any combination of fuels.
2. New paint. This was a $6. 00 job. The car was stripped down to metal. re-primed and painted the original factory color. We can provide photos of the process.
3. New front end. All suspension and steering components have been replaced to factory specs.
4. New power steering motor. This is a hard component to find and it took us months to track one down.
5. New radiator. We used the factory spec component and not one of the cheaper substitutes.
6. New oil cooler and lines. If you decide to buy any other Mercedes 300D. make sure this has been done. This is an important system that needs to be kept in top shape.
7. Rebuilt transmission. Shifts smooth and is leak-free.
8. New engine mounts.
9. New sunroof motor.
10. New antenna motor. mount and seal.
11. New brake hoses (system flushed and cleaned). Pads recently replaced.
12. New valve cover gaskets.
13. New injector return hoses.
14. New power window switches and motors.
15. New windshield.
16. Replaced center console wood trim.
17. Door and window vacuum lines.
Here's what needs to be done:
1. Air conditioning. If you've looked around. you know this is a common issue for the 300D. We have an estimate of $1. 00 to fix the AC. We can recommend a mechanic.
2. Odometer. It stopped running shortly after we bought the car at 93. 00 miles. Since then. we've put about 23. 00 miles on it. Once again. this is a pretty common issue on these cars. Some people just buy a used odometer. swap it in and call it a day. But we wanted to be honest with the mileage. The mileage stated above is the same figure we've given our insurance company and stated on our tax return. This has been a second car for us and doesn't get driven more than 1. 00 miles a year.
3. Interior refresh. It looks good and it totally fine for a daily driver. But if you're on the quest for a full restoration. you'll probably want to replace a few pieces. We've bought some of the interior components you'll need and will include with the sale.
Note: We are only interested in selling this car as whole. not selling any of the individual parts. Not interested in trades.
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Mercedes-Benz cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $7,850.001985 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series
price: $12,000.001987 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
price: $9,999.001970 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series
price: $18,900.001973 Mercedes-Benz 280 SE 4DR
|1961 Mercedes-Benz 190-Series||12||$79,500.00|
|1979 Mercedes-Benz 450SL||4||$19,995.00|
|1980 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||4||$17,995.00|
|1979 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||4||$12,995.00|
|1983 Mercedes-Benz 380SL||4||$13,995.00|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz 560SL||4||$20,995.00|
|1987 Mercedes-Benz 560SL||4||$17,995.00|
|1986 Mercedes-Benz 560SL||4||$19,995.00|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz 560SL||4||$16,995.00|
|1976 Mercedes-Benz 400-Series||4||$7,900.00|
|1960 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series AMAZING 220 SE W128 PONTON NOT 190SL 300SL||21||$175,000.00|
|1984 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series||21||$18,995.00|
|1985 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series||21||$6,500.00|
|1989 Mercedes-Benz SEC 560||6||$US $8,500.00|
|1964 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series||12||$14,500.00|
|1935 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series 500K||10||$1,995,900.00|
|1987 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||12||$19,000.00|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz G-Class||12||$US $6,766.66|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||12||$22,900.00|
|1989 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 560SL||13||$US $14,100.00|