1979 Triumph Spitfire
Sale price: $9,750.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||1.5L 1493CC l4 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated|
|Trim:||Base Convertible 2-Door|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1979 Triumph Spitfire for sale
Up for sale is a California owned and driven 1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500 convertible roadster with chrome Euro style bumpers. Painted in pure white with newly upholstered black/gray original seats and door cards. and finished with a new black vinyl soft convertible top. separate liner cover for when top is down. and full Tonneau Cover in excellent condition. Sale includes a rare original Hardtop which has also been repainted and relined. This 4-speed Spit is powered by the original 1500cc engine and had a frame-on restoration in 2013. Here is a comprehensive list of work done:
1. Complete re-spray of body including application of rust proof paint of all floors and under chassis. Includes original Spit Hardtop which has been repainted and new interior liner.
2. New chrome bumpers and Euro style overriders.
3. New weather stripping. windshield rubber retainer and reconditioned carpets.
4. All new floor insulation for heat and noise reduction.
5. New rack and pinion boots. tie rod ends and ball joints. new leaf spring bushings.
6. New starter
7. New clutch slave.
8. New aluminum radiator.
9. Four new tires with approximately 2. 00 miles of wear. with white tire inserts.
10. Refurbished Stromberg Carburetor.
11. Reconditioned electrical wire harness
12. New front and rear brake hoses
13. New Alternator
14. New spark plugs
15. New Manual Choke and Cable
16. New Sending Unit and Float
17. New interior instrument dash bulbs
18. New Ignition Coil
19. New Ballast Resister
20. New retractable seatbelts
21. New Electronic Ignition
22. New side mirrors
23. New radio with 4 premium interior speakers
24. New adjustable rear shocks (corvette)
This car has passed the California Smog Test with flying colors THREE times since 2011. most recently January. 2017. CA Registration paid till February 2018! It starts up reliably even after sitting for 2-3 weeks with the custom choke. Again. it includes the original Hardtop. and a soft rain-proof car cover as well. The overall condition is very good to excellent with no rust or corrosion present. I've priced the car fairly between Good and Excellent historical values; see Hagerty and NADA. Please no low ball offers; any reasonable offer will be seriously considered.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £6,000.001974 TRIUMPH STAG PX WELCOME
price: £3,950.001976 TRIUMPH 2500 TC YELLOW
price: $8,500.00Triumph : Other 2 door
price: £13,500.00TRIUMPH STAG MK1 BLUE CONVERTIBLE (CLASSIC TAX EXEMPT)
|1959 Triumph TR3||4||$35,995.00|
|1972 Triumph Spitfire||4||$11,995.00|
|1963 Triumph TR4||4||$14,995.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||4||$12,995.00|
|1961 Triumph TR3||21||$31,950.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||21||$18,900.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire --||21||$8,950.00|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire||10||$4,800.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||5||$18,000.00|
|1979 Triumph Other TR7||16||$11,000.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6 TR-6||1||$8,900.00|
|1971 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $5,000.00|
|1968 Triumph TR 250 TR 250||9||$US $38,350.00|
|1973 Triumph Other||15||$US $1,800.00|
|1976 Triumph TR 7||7||$US $500.00|
|1970 Triumph TR-6||13||$US $6,500.00|
|1976 Triumph TR-6||18||$US $3,500.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $6,900.00|
|1969 Triumph TR-6 --||21||$US $202.50|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||16||$US $4,300.00|