2008 Lamborghini Gallardo
Sale price: $134,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||5.0L 4961CC V10 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated|
|Trim:||Superleggera Coupe 2-Door|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale
For those with a short attention span or actual executives:
· 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera. 1 of 172
· Giallo Midas yellow tri-coat pearl. Alcantara interior with deviated yellow stitch
· 12. 59 mile two-owner (Florida and Texas) car
· No accidents/paint work – clean CarFax and Autocheck – available for free. just ask
· E-gear transmission with 74% clutch still remaining. Carbon ceramic brakes w/ yellow calipers. Navigation/rear camera. carbon interior package. LP570 forged oem wheels in gloss black
Up for sale is my 1 of 172 US market 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera finished in Giallo Midas pearl tri-coat yellow with black alcantara/deviated yellow stitching/full carbon interior.
This car is a low mileage example having traversed only 11. 00 miles from new. It is a two owner car with a clean/clear title and no past history of accident or paint work. I have current copies of both the CarFax and Autocheck reports available for anyone who is interested.
I have owned this car since 2009 and had no intention to sell it for the foreseeable future but I now have 2. 5 year and 6 month old boys. You can tell from the mileage that the car has barely seen the light of day in recent time. I start it up and drive it around the block long enough to get it up to temperature and park it back in the garage most of the time. Hopefully I can snag another one when I have a bit more time to enjoy it.
I could say that the car has never been tracked and never been above 5k rpm but that would make me a pretty lame owner. In all reality. I really do baby the car but it has two successful track days under its belt – one at MSR Houston and another with Lamborghini Club at Circuit of the Americas. Both times. everything was very pretty tame. driving the car 8/10s at most as I am not wealthy enough to put it in a wall. The front and all other key areas were smothered in track tape. It actually looked pretty ridiculous with all the protection film – like something a Ferrari owner would do – minus the Ferrari-branded glasses/hat/shirt/pants/shoes/socks/wallet/key chain. The car performed flawlessly…never any issues or incidents. although the tires may have paid the ultimate price.
The car is loaded with factory installed options with a whopping MSRP of $252. 05. Options include:
· E-gear transmission
· Front lifting system
· Carbon ceramic brakes - $15. 00
· Interior Carbon Fiber Package - $3. 30
· Rear Wing - $5. 50
· Prep track tubular frame - $650
· Travel package - $360
· Fire extinguisher - $650
· Anti-theft system - $665
· GGT - $3000
All original keys (2). owner's manual. navigation manual. airbag key and Alcantara Superleggera document pouch and tool kit are included.
Although the car is great from the factory. I have done a few minor upgrades. The biggest was the addition of a stereo. The car was originally a radio delete car and while the sound of the engine is amazing. having no music gets a bit old when cruising the streets at legal speeds. The stereo is modest and uses a factory original Gallardo navigation headunit which was plug and play. I added a small JL Audio 3 channel amp up front to power some Hertz component speakers in factory door locations and a small bass tube. I even added a plug and play radio wiring harness extension so as to not cut any of the factory radio harness. I also added an aux input as the CD/SD option is a bit limited. 2016 navigation map disks are included.
· OEM 19” forged Scorpius II wheels from the LP570 Superleggera/Performante in powedercoat gloss black. I do not have the original Scorpius I wheels.
· Updated steering wheel to wheel from later model LP570 Superleggera. It still has the carbon fiber but it is leather. The original was suede and it does not wear well on the steering wheel. It actually looked horrible with pilling. I tried shaving it with my wife's razor but it still looked crappy and my wife gave me the 3rd degree on why her good razor was full of black fuzzies. Enter new leather/carbon steering wheel.
· Calipers painted in Giallo Midas with Lamborghini script. I even went so far as to add the original Lamborghini “carboceramici' script from the Aventador calipers for a custom touch. I believe all Gen I Superleggeras came with black calipers which really did not give these massive beasts the attention they deserve.
· Roof wrapped in satin black to match the side stripe by local wrapper Deviate Autosport.
· Eurocharged engine ECU tune. This gave minor performance improvements but you can brag that your car is faster than the next guy's Superleggera.
· Eurocharged transmission TCU tune. This was actually a huge improvement. The car shifts noticeably quicker and smoother. Should. Have. Come. This. Way.
· K&N drop in air filter. My butt dyno is pretty sensitive…picked up at least 4. 5 hp.
· Carbon fiber front lip by RSC tuning. This came on the car and really adds a more aggressive look while balancing the large rear carbon diffuser.
· Rearview camera – factory camera in factory rear wing position. integrated with factory radio using aftermarket ECU by Kufatec.
· Lowered and aligned (using factory coilovers) by EVS Motors. I will say the ride is a bit rough with the factory suspension dropped down but the looks are worth it. Wouldn't you agree?
· Autographed under the hood/bonnet by the legend himself – Valentino Balboni – at the first inaugural Lamborghini Festival.
I have all service records in a nice little binder. I even flew to Florida to inspect the car prior to purchase and picked up all of the service records from Lamborghini Miami while I was at it. Note that they also did the PPI for me.
The service has been performed by Lamborghini Miami. Lamborghini Houston. Sphere Motorsports and yours truly. I have a 2 post lift in my garage and I am reasonably mechanically inclined so I do most of my own work. I did the 15. 00 mile service (spark plugs. oil change. etc. ) and can assure you that changing the spark plugs was not the most fun I have ever had working on a car.
Based on time (not miles). I would say the car is probably due for an oil change. This will be taken care of prior to the new owner taking delivery.
The car has been great overall but I like to be very up front about any flaws or issues so you are not surprised/disappointed when you see the car in person.
I have only had two moderate issues with the car.Throwout bearing in the transmissionMinor Oil leak
The throwout bearing started making a loud noise when I came to a complete stop – quite embarrassing actually. It was diagnosed by Sphere Motorsports and replaced with a new genuine part by them. Egear snap just completed by Sphere Motorsports shows 74% clutch life still remaining!
I also had a pretty decent oil leak around the filter housing. It was diagnosed and fixed by Lamborghini Houston under warranty. Yes. I have had the car long enough that it still had factory warranty!
Here is a list of the few other minor issues/flaws:Passenger window goes up/down a bit slower than driver side. It has done this since I purchased. I had it checked out by Lamborghini Houston under warranty and they said it was fine. It works the same way today. Slightly annoying but that is Italian engineering I guess. 3” scratch on front bumper. I never got it fixed as I had planned to add an LP560/570 bumper. I never got around to the bumper. I would go and fix it for you but chances are you might be a get-er-done kind of person and get the upgrade knocked out in a reasonable time frame. I think I scratched it back in 2010. Plus. with the carbon fiber lip. the original front bumper still looks pretty ok. Rock chip on hood. It was touched up but you can find it if you are really looking for it.
Any other flaws are quite minor…what you would expect for a well-maintained and cared for 12k mile car. The car really has been very reliable… no more issues than you might have with a daily.
So in conclusion. this is a fantastic car. The deprecation is almost non-existent at this point. The Superleggera straight spanks any regular Gallardo out there as the Alcantara and carbon fiber everywhere make it feel so much more special. The price differential between this car and any other pre-LP car is minimal if you plan to do any mods. I actually intended to buy an 04 originally but when I added up the carbon fiber alone. I was going to spend more than it would cost to just get the Superleggera. No brainer!
Oh. I am also a member of quite a few car clubs and online forums…Lamborghini. Porsche. Mercedes. BMW… I am not a Ferrari club member because I do not have enough flair. (Office Space reference)
I am a busy person so please do not waste my time if you are not really in the market to purchase right now. If you show up in a beat up Kia and ask for a test drive. needless to say I am not handing over the keys.
Thank you for taking the time to read my ad. Hopefully you found it to not suck.
The deal will be done through EVS Motors. Private party sale is possible but less desirable. Contact me for details.
I also have the following awesome parts that are not currently on the car but could be worked into a package deal. Retail on these parts is over $15. 00.RSC LP560 bumper (brand new)LOC exhaust with valvesLarini sport catsSuperleggera Carbon Fiber engine panelsGruppe M Carbon Fiber intake system with custom mount/heatshield
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $29,635.002017 Mini Cooper Cooper S 2 Door
price: $US $12,600.002009 Ford F-150 4WD SuperCrew Styleside 5-1/2 Ft Box FX4
price: $US $5,200.001970 Ford Thunderbird
price: $49,500.002013 Chevrolet Corvette
|2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata MX-5 MIATA GRAND TOURING CONVERTIBLE||13||$10,999.00|
|2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL HTD LEATHER SUNROOF NAV||21||$16,480.00|
|1995 Jaguar XJS||12||$8,995.00|
|1929 Ford Model A||15||$35,995.00|
|1997 Ford F-250 XL 2dr 4WD Standard Cab LB HD||18||$5,900.00|
|2008 Subaru WRX||12||$22,995.00|
|2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport **Super Charged**||16||$16,996.00|
|2013 Ford E-Series Van||7||$19,750.00|
|2013 Subaru Other Limited||12||$18,942.00|
|1997 Mercedes-Benz 600-Series S600||21||$12,995.00|
|2001 Volvo V70 --||12||$4,975.00|
|2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500||3||$10,800.00|
|2015 Ford Taurus SHO||4||$26,788.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Traverse FWD 4dr LS w/1LS||11||$30,017.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT||12||$37,589.00|
|2012 Maserati Gran Turismo C Sport||4||$65,900.00|
|1986 Jeep Cherokee Laredo||19||$US $4,950.00|
|2017 Ford F-150 ROUSH F-150||20||$73,977.00|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300||1||$34,690.00|
|2010 Ford F-250 XLT 4x4 SuperCab LB 6.4L Diesel 4X4 Deleted||21||$24,995.00|