Backdraft Racing Roadster, 2007 production, all options, 515 HP Roush - Perfect!
Sale price: $53,615.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||402 sr roush with 515 hp and torque|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Backdraft Racing Roadster, 2007 production, all options, 515 HP Roush - Perfect! for sale
ROUSH 402 SR
DUAL ROLL HOOPS
WILWOOD 6-POT “BIG BRAKES”
CHROMED/POLISHED 17” WHEELS!
Exotic. yet comfortably classic – the way Enzo would have designed a Cobra. The chassis is lower. wider and longer. with a more accommodating cockpit. Smoothly flared front fenders. narrow waist and bulging rear arches submit to long. thick sidepipes and a bellowing V8 roar. Yang yields to yin in this ultimate expression of automotive virility.
This is the brutally refined Backdraft Racer. and it turns heads everywhere. At the Woodward Dream Cruise. Ferraris and Lambos were slighted when they pulled alongside. Upfront parking was reserved for this car when it transported us to Orchestra Hall and the Detroit Symphony. At Fleming's Steakhouse. valets paid us to let them park it. With about 1. 00 produced to date. the Backdraft is as rare as a Ferrari 458 – and faster to 100.
“Simatos Automotive Appraisals” valued this vehicle at $55. 00 last July. Values have since risen. A refreshed appraisal can be provided with proof of buyer interest.
Despite ferocious potential. this car has never been driven on a track.
· 2007 production. titled as a 1965
· Fiberglass body on welded tube frame
· Race-proven mid-engine design (engine mounted behind centerline of front axle)
· Fully-independent BMW suspension
· Heim-jointed suspension linkage
· VDO gauges
· Carpeted interior and trunk
· Indigo Blue Metallic paint with silver stripes (BMW colors)
· Authentic 17” knock-off wheels. span > polished AND chromed (very rare)
· Dual chromed roll hoops
· Ceramic coated headers and exhaust with chromed heat shields
· Chrome bumpers and overriders. front and rear
· Full-chrome Roush 402 SR with MSD ignition (515 HP)
· TKO 500 transmission with short-shift kit
· Dual plate small diameter racing clutch
· German fabric top and side curtains (carried in trunk)
· Trunk-mounted 1. 00 watt Secret Audio AM/FM/CD (remote controlled from cockpit)
· Xenon high-intensity headlights
At approximately 6. 00 miles. I upgraded the car. The purpose was to subtly lower the car's roll center. improve turn-in. and maximize braking performance – enable real racecar handling - while maintaining or improving the excellent boulevard ride. I hired an ex-Roush and NASCAR mechanic to help me devise a plan and implement it.
· Over $10. 00 expended
· Only BDR-supplied parts installed (unless noted)
· New 3. 64 limited slip differential ($1. 00)
· Fully adjustable Turner Motorsports racing suspension components including heim-adjustable castor and spherical trailing arm/rear control arm bushings
· Solid motor mounts and subframe bushings
· Street/track springs (provide lower ride height)
· Gabriel competition shocks
· High-flow race radiator (provides additional cooling for cruising. too)
· Willwood 6-pot. 4-pot racing brakes with red calipers. slotted/drilled rotors and street/track pads ($3. 00)
· Sparco 12” suede-lined flat-bottomed racing wheel
· Cobra Clubman road/track seats with Pirelli rubber suspension system ($1. 00)
· Dual chrome Raydot mirrors with convex lenses and center mounted 360mm Broadway convex racing mirror (provides wraparound side and rear vision)
· Nitto 01 rubber (non-BDR part)
· Custom pedal kit configured for heel/toeing (non-BDR part)
· Griot's Garage “Super Loud American” horn (non-BDR part)
· 2” gumball shift knob contributed by Robby Gordon from his NASCAR racer
We trailered the car to world-famous AutoEurope in downtown Birmingham. Michigan for alignment (they align cars from all over the world). The upgrades combined to provide taut. road-racer turn-in. nuclear braking. and complete confidence in every driving situation. Big plus - we achieved IMPROVED cruising comfort due to that sophisticated Pirelli seat suspension (I could not believe the effect of those seats – this car now has the boulevard ride of a 1968 Jaguar XKE).
Sale includes original leather clamshell seats with zero neck restraint and several spare parts. For more information. contact Bruce at 810-938-1010. Thanks!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Shelby cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $24,879.002002 AC Cobra with low 1490 miles(Replica of 1966 AC Cobra 427)
price: $49,900.001966 Shelby Shelby Street Beasts Edition Cobra Replica 2dr Convertible
price: $150,000.001965 Shelby 427 Cobra 427
price: $27,608.00BackDraft Racing BDR Roadster Shelby Cobra Replica
|1965 Shelby MKII||1||$37,900.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$54,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Factory Five Racing||4||$29,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra 427 ERA||3||$64,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$37,995.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$35,995.00|
|1968 Shelby GT500 --||12||$155,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Backdraft RT3 Replica||21||$69,450.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Mark II FACTORY FIVE RACE CAR||4||$US $21,500.00|
|1969 Shelby GT350||16||$US $35,400.00|
|1965 Shelby ford||8||$28,900.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||19||$US $25,000.00|
|1968 Shelby GT 350||21||$62,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$39,995.00|
|1964 Shelby Daytona Coupe Dan Rose Special||21||$64,995.00|
|1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Supercharged||12||$64,990.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 GT500||21||$128,995.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 Factory Air Conditioning||21||$106,995.00|
|1967 Shelby GT500 CSS Continuation Series||21||$299,995.00|