1965 Shelby Superformance Cobra MKIII
Sale price: $54,995.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Model:||Superformance Cobra MKIII|
|Color:||Royal Blue/White Stripes|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1965 Shelby Superformance Cobra MKIII for sale
Current customer rating: (123 votes) based on
While the car was for sale previously. I received quite a few emails with a few questions. so this time I'm adding all the answers and information requested. and then some:
a) Parts include: Edelbrock Victor Jr. polished aluminum intake manifold. Edelbrock polished aluminum water pump. MSD billet distributor. Ford Racing chrome angled valve covers. billet PCV and breather caps. SVO billet spark plug wire looms. SVO polished drive pulley kit. Canton 8qt. road race oil pan and windage screen. billet aluminum flywheel.
b) Transmission is a 5 speed manual Tremec 3550.
c) Bullet custom grind solid roller camshaft. Diamond custom pistons. Clevite main bearings and rod bearings. Durabond camshaft bearings. ARP head bolt kit. Comp Cams solid roller lifters. Ford Racing thrust plate. Cloyes billet timing gear set. Ferrea stainless intake and exhaust valves. PAC spring seats and dual valve springs for solid roller camshaft. VSI Viton valve seals. Fel-Pro head gaskets and rear main seal. Total Seal moly ring set. Fully sorted excellent example.
d) It has coil over Bilstein shocks and Willwood disc brakes. Front are ventilated disc with 4-pot calipers.
e) All instruments are Smiths. except for the oil pressure gauge. which is an Autometer. Chose it because it has better backlighting. Also. Smiths Ammeter was replaced with a Smiths Voltmeter. which is more useful.
f) Paint condition is good. but it is not in showroom condition. This car was built in 2002. and has been driven. so it shows the expected age marks. It has very few small nicks. swirl marks. Like any other vehicle. the front bumper is the most affected area. Instead of painting the car. I chose to add 3M vinyl protection. and the color of the material almost matched the true car color. It is barely noticeable. With that vinyl. I was able to cover most of the front bumper imperfections. and it prevents any more for happening. The same material was used as a protective film on the rear bumpers. just behind the doors. If I had to rate it. I will say the cosmetic condition is an 8 on a scale of 10. To better understand the condition. if you are looking at the car at a show. in your garage. you will probably not notice any if the imperfections. If you look for them closely. then you will be able to see them. That said. even with those imperfections. I still managed to win quite a few first and second places at our local car shows.
g) Original Superformance Owner's manual included. Contains important information such as electrical wiring diagrams and operational guide.
That pretty much covers all the questions I received previously. and I'm open to answer any other you may have. Just email me and I will respond as soon as possible.
Now. here is the list of features that make this car unique:
- Chassis number is SP 251. That means. very rare early production model.
- Custom build for Kenny Bernstein. who is the original owner. in 2002. Sold by House of Cobras in California.
- This car has the coveted California SB-100 emissions exemption.
- Engine is a Ford 351W Windsor Stage 5. bored and stroked to 427 cu. in. The motor was completely overhauled in April 2015 by MPR Racing in Boynton Beach. FL. I can provide the build sheet with all specs and parts used. This motor overhaul by itseld came in at a cost of $15. 00. Currently. the motor produces an estimated 650hp at the flywheel. and torque is estimated at 580 lb. ft. This motor has just 1. 50 miles on it. Brand new odometer/speedometer was installed when the engine was overhauled. so these are the actual miles. Speedometer cable and gear were also replaced.
- Wheels are 17" polished aluminum Halibrand style. 17" x 9" Front. 17" x 11" Rear. Very rare to find these wheels on Cobras out there. I've only seen a handful. Wheel spinners were replaced for new ones in 2012.
- Tires were also upgraded to Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. 275/40R17 Front. 315/35R17 Rear. This specific body can accommodate 335/15's in the rear. but I chose these tires because of quality of ride. noise level. adhesion and predictive response. The tires made a night and day difference in the way the car drives and feels. On top of that. they offer great treadwear index.
- As I live in Florida. and our summer is brutally hot and humid. air conditioning was added to the mix. It also has heating. in case you live somewhere that is very cold and want to keep your hands warm while driving. Especially useful if by any chance you happen to have the need to drive with the top on. as it gets very hot in the cabin. and the fumes and gasoline smell become very strong. The A/C helps with the ventilation and temperature.
- Alternator was upgraded to a Powermaster 1-wire 140 amp unit. Battery was upgraded to an Optima Red top 34R. Trunk mounted Battery cut-off switch also added.
- Brand new MSD 6AL ignition box. MSD distributor cap. rotor. magnetic pickup.
- Brand new starter motor and wiring harness.
- Brand new K&N air filter.
- Modified gas tank to prevent air from entering the fuel line when gas level is low. which is a common and known design problem with any Cobra. A bottom wedge was added to the tank. and fuel pickup line was relocated to the bottom. straight into the fuel pump. I also installed a brand new fuel pump custom mounted on the side of the gas tank. and increased the fuel lines to #10 lines for increased fuel volume. Fuel filter also replaced.
- Brand new McLeod Street Extreme clutch. rated at 700hp. It was installed just 100 miles ago. so I'm driving the car to break it in. It is recommended that the car is driven for 400-500 miles before driving at full throttle again and/or abusive clutch use until it properly sits. If I don't get to drive those miles before the car sells. please keep this in mind. I know. it will be hard to contain yourself. but it will be worth the effort. The clutch has to be properly broken in.
- All braided hoses and fittings replaced with better quality components in 2015. Hoses are now black to improve looks as well. Cooling system complete flush and new hoses also came in at the same time.
- New timing cover. new racing spark plugs. new custom made engine gaskets.
- Custom crankcase evacuation system added to improve engine performance and reduce pressure and temperature.
- Chrome dress up parts and LED light strips added for improved looks and show appearance.
- Brand new. custom fabricated Racequip racing harnesses made by Trackside Tim's.
- Carburetor was taken apart. hot tank cleaned. and all parts changed. New floater and jets.
- Exhausts on this car are polished. and they are cleaned and repolished every year. Heat shields were added to reduce the risk of severe burns or "snake bites".
- It comes with the soft top and side windows. No tonneau cover included.
- When engine was overhauled. all parts were hot cleaned and polished. including the fuel pump and intake manifold.
I have owned this car for the last 8 years. and took care of it and made it better in every possible I could. Now. 3 kids later and no time to enjoy it anymore. I decided to part from it. It pains me. but it truly deserves a new owner that appreciates the car for its history. and will continue to keep it as one of the best Cobras out there. You cannot simply buy the parts and make it what it is. as most things have been custom made. Everything included. it will cost you close to $100k to reproduce this vehicle.
I have been to numerous shows. won awards. seen. heard. and driven other Cobras. I can tell you with authority that I have only found one that I consider a head to head comparable car. And I have not heard any other that sounds like this. period.
By the way. I almost forgot. I will include a number of accessories and extras I have purchased since I own the car. This includes a spinner removal tool. lead hammer for spinners. security wire. an extra set of sunvisors (brand new). anti-seize lubricant for spinners. an whatever else I find that I'm forgetting at this time.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. or even better. call Oakes McKee. owner of Oakes Auto in Boca Raton. FL. He has been the only guy that has ever worked on this car. and has worked on almost 200 of them in his career. Ask him anything you want about Victor's Cobra. and you'll be very pleased to hear everything he has to say. His number (561) 367-8534.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. and wish you all the best of luck bidding on my very special beast.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Shelby cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $47,000.001965 Shelby Cobra
price: $350,000.00Photo documented history. Rarest production color too.
price: $US $27,600.001966 Shelby COBRA
price: $98,100.001967 Shelby Mustang GT500 428 8v PI Big Block 4-Speed Wimbledon White Full Resto
|1965 Shelby MKII||1||$37,900.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$54,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Factory Five Racing||4||$29,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra 427 ERA||3||$64,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$37,995.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$35,995.00|
|1968 Shelby GT500 --||12||$155,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Backdraft RT3 Replica||21||$69,450.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Mark II FACTORY FIVE RACE CAR||4||$US $21,500.00|
|1969 Shelby GT350||16||$US $35,400.00|
|1965 Shelby ford||8||$28,900.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||19||$US $25,000.00|
|1968 Shelby GT 350||21||$62,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$39,995.00|
|1964 Shelby Daytona Coupe Dan Rose Special||21||$64,995.00|
|1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Supercharged||12||$64,990.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 GT500||21||$128,995.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 Factory Air Conditioning||21||$106,995.00|
|1967 Shelby GT500 CSS Continuation Series||21||$299,995.00|