1966 - Austin Healey MK3, with Chevi -V 8 - german restauration -
Sale price: $86,133.00 make an offer
Car location: Ratingen, GermanySale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||chevy 5 liter v 8, gas, sohc, naturally aspirated|
|Trim:||Phase 2, Convertible , 4 - seater|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1966 - Austin Healey MK3, with Chevi -V 8 - german restauration - for sale
Current customer rating: (172 votes) based on
This particular 1966 Austin Healey BJ8 MK III convertible is a unique offering. the car was originally built January 19-20 1966 and was bought and delivered to a dealership in Philadelphia. PA. USA. on January 26. 1966. The original ordered specifications include: Original body number: 79621 Specification: LHD (Left hand drive) for a North American ExportColor: Exterior: Colorado Red Trim: Red (Ambla) [now black] Top: BlackDetails of Equipment: Wire Wheels Overdrive [now 5-speed Gear box] Laminated windscreen Adjustable steering column Heater Black tonneau cover Whitewall tires
It was reimported to Europe in 1967 and registered July 1. 1967 in Germany. In 1975 the initial German owner changed the engine from a 6-cylinder engine into an 8-cylinder V8 engine. altered the fender size for the additional larger wheels and the gear box from the original 4-speed into a 5-speed manual stick shift gear box with extremely precise and smooth gear shifts from ZF German Manufacturer. I bought this car in 1990 drove it since then only during the summer months during perfect weather. only a few hundred miles driven each year. During all other months it was comfortably garaged with strict maintained maintenance. Including yearly inspections of oil and fluid. brake and clutch controls as well as the required technical control check up at an official inspection organization every 2 years TUV. The engine was completely renewed in 1994. Since the renewal the car has driven approximately 19. 00 miles.
In the end of 2011 I began full body restorations which lasted until early 2013. General cost estimate of restorations: $132. 00. Exact restorations executed by specialized German handcrafts include:1. Body2. Axle technique 3. Engine and Exhaust 4. Interior5. Additional Parts 6. Extra information
1. Body: The body was totally stripped. the parts with minimal rust were removed and welded with new parts to create a durable rust-free body. The original steel fenders were replaced with new lightweight aluminum 'works type' style and design fenders. with front and rear flares as well as 'works type' air vents. Following the frame work the body. inside and outside. was professionally painted. redone to the original Colorado Red in 6 solid layers. The engine compartment still remains in its original color and condition.
2. Technique- Axle:The axels and brakes were completely overhauled and all bearings replaced by parts with modern specifications. Replaced parts include: Rear springs. brake cylinders. brake pads. brake shoes. front brake hose and anti-roll-bar (up-rated 3/4" to 'work style' specification).
3. Engine and Exhaust Engine replaced in 1994 and only less than 20. 00 miles have been driven on it since then. In 2013. the carburetor was replaced with a brand new one manufactured by Holley. Also in 2013. I bought a new exhaust system; including custom made new mufflers and side pipe outlet on both sides. custom placed in front of the rear wheels (shown in included pictures).
4. Interior: The interior was totally stripped and replaced with custom made interior remaining the original Ambla Vinyl style. All interior replacements and canvas top done by a classic car interior specialist. nbsp;custom made specifically for this cars dimensions. Replacements include all new carpets. new wooden dashboard and dashboard cover. new hand-crafted wooden steering wheel (by Moto-Lita) with original center emblem. new seat shells for front and rear seats. new upholstery and covers for the front and rear seats. new center console. new gear stick knob and new interior door and side panels. The black canvas top is custom redone. with a zip rear window. and restored original top frame. Includes new top cover. custom made in same black canvas with accompanying storage bag.
5. Additional Parts The wheels were replaced with brand new larger 6x15". nbsp;72 spoke stainless and chrome wire wheels center locked with radial 225/60R15 tires. which are accommodated by the new aluminum fenders. Following original parts were professionally re-chromed: front and rear bumper. grill and grill frame and batch bar. All glass was replaced. including the windscreen and all side windows. All lights were replaced as well with the addition of the long distance lights. Brand new chrome purchases include: both outside mirrors. inside mirror. lower window frame.front and rear Austin Healey emblems. both trunk latches and trunk handle. All rubber parts and seals are new.
6. Extra information: Shipping: -I offer $2. 00 for a convential shipping. through a European main port to your closest port destination (Specific port depends on final destination of the buyer). Specifics can be discussed via email if interest is met. Actual shipping costs to be invoiced. Balance. if any. or other preferred shipping is at buyers cost. Documentation: -Includes clear title of German TUV and and currently has German registration. -Purchase includes a British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate (Photo included in pictures). Driving -Drives like new. without any fuss or unusual loud noises. Never any issue with start up and cruises smoothly and powerfully. Extras: - Keys available for engine. doors. inside glove box and trunk. - Upon request an additional video of car start up/ driving can be provided if contacted via email. - I am selling it because my hobbies have changed and I am unable to give it the time and commitment it needs. - Any further questions involving the purchase and shipping can contact me via telephone or email: - 0049 2102 3099772 (number includes country code-first 4 digits) -claus-ziegler@t-online. de- Trade with Mercedes 280 SE Convertible >1970 (W111) possible
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Austin-Healey cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $57,481.001967 Austin Healey 3000 NUMBERS MATCHING ONLY 44K MILES - ULTRA ORIGINAL H
price: $94,000.001967 Austin Healey 3000 Mark III
price: $US $193.501959 Other Makes
price: $US $20,100.001959 Austin Healey 3000
|1963 Austin Healey 3000 Mark III Replica||4||$31,995.00|
|1964 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII BJ8 --||12||$79,900.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000||21||$94,900.00|
|1966 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8||12||$15,750.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Sprite||12||$26,000.00|
|1968 Austin Healey Sprite||21||$US $500.00|
|1962 Austin Healey Other||16||$US $9,999.00|
|1957 Austin Healey Other||10||$45,000.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000 --||10||$79,900.00|
|1972 Austin Healey Sprite rally prepared||18||$US $18,100.00|
|1959 Austin Healey Bug Eye Sprite MK I --||21||$US $7,500.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000||21||$US $40,100.00|
|1957 Austin Healey 100-6 Roadster||21||$US $5,500.00|
|1962 Austin Healey Other||5||$18,500.00|
|Austin Healey: 3000 Leather||21||$C $135,000.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Other||9||$US $830.00|
|1955 Austin Healey 100 BN1 "LE MANS"||21||$89,995.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000 3000, BJ8||14||$US $79,775.00|
|1968 Austin Healey Sprite||12||$US $6,600.00|
|1962 Austin Healey 3000||21||$38,500.00|