1965 Shelby Cobra Replica
Sale price: $33,500.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Transmission:||manual 5 speed|
|Interior Color:||Black and Tan|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica for sale
This is the Cobra for all you 6-foot plus drivers. and for guys that want a weekend road trip car!
This is a Classic Roadsters' Classic427.
- Not a father-son garage project - This one was professionally built
- Fuel injected Ford 5. 0 liter HO engine (it has a nice lumpy cam- go to my channel on youtube to see and hear the car on video)
- Borg Warner 5 speed transmission
- Ford 8. 8 rear axle with 3. 73 gears and positrac.
-4 wheel disk brakes (11 inch rotors) and 5-lug hubs (safer for cars that actually get out on the highway and drive)
- The wheels are replicas of the Sunburst wheels that were used on "street" model Shelby cobras in the 60's. and the wheels are designed to disguise the lug nuts from view. The wheels and Cooper Cobra tires are all brand new (installed in 2016) Tires are 295/50-15's in the rear. and 235/60-15's up front.
**Note: See the pics- I also have a full set of Halibrand-style wheels. which were on the car when I bought it- If a buyer preferred these wheels instead of the Sunbursts. then I would be willing to swap them out before shipping the car.
-With the fuel injected small block. this car gets amazingly good fuel economy (I have recorded up to 25mpg on a few road trips. and it averages about 15mpg combined overall. and I'm a pretty heavy footed driver- I love hearing those sidepipes sing their song)
-With the 3. 73 gears out back. it also accelerates like a bullet - 0-60 in about 5 seconds. It will hang with the big block Cobras in my local club. right up until 3rd gear. I had the car professionally dyno-tuned with an SCT programming chip. and it made 225HP. and 285TQ at the rear wheels. so I figure it has about 300-310HP under hood. and let's face it- That's all you need in a 2400 pound car
- Besides all the go-fast stuff. this car has all the creature comforts necessary to make a long road trip comfortable- The Classic Roadsters kit was designed for taller drivers - It incorporates dropped foot boxes. adjustable seats. and larger side doors to make it far easier to get in and out of. I'm 5'8. and I actually adjust the driver's seat all the way forward when I drive it- several of my 6-foot plus friends have driven the car comfortably. -
- Power steering with tilt wheel. span > power brakes. air conditioning (blows nice and cold in summer). and heater (blows nice and hot in winter).
-It comes with a black canvas soft top with collapsible frame. that all folds up and fits in the trunk nicely- The top includes a pair of side-curtains. but I have never used them - They don't fit very well. and would really need to be re-worked by an upholstery shop to be practical. but I will include them with the car. The top can be installed by one person in about 5 minutes. in case you get hit by a sudden rain while far from home.
-It also has a tan vinyl tonneau cover.
- It has a Shelby alarm system. and Alpine stereo with detachable face and CD/MP3 player (although I must admit. with the side pipes. the stereo spends most of it's time "off" when I'm driving)
- I have a stack of documentation that comes with the car. including the original order invoice from ClassicRoadsters. the original build manual. Dyno graphs. a professional value appraisal for your insurance company (shows the fair market value as 45. 00). full ownership history (I'm the 4th owner. if you include the shop in TN that did the original build) and a whole ton of receipts showing all the work I've put into the car since I've had it.
- It has a clear Arizona title that designates the car as a 1965 Ford SPCON (which is the Az code for special construction) - So no annual emissions test is required in Arizona. and yearly tags are about $15. (All you out of state lookers should research your own state's vehicle title transfer laws regarding kit cars- Some states will transfer the AZ title data directly over. while some other states will require a physical inspection of the car)
This car came to me with only 1100 miles on the odo. and it had been sitting under a cover in a garage for over 10 years. span > So the first thing I did was break out the check book and get ALL the serviceable items up to date
-All fluids (even the brake fluid) were flushed and replaced
-Full brake inspection (I scrapped the rear drums and converted them to disks). and front wheel bearing re-pack.
-New serpentine belt. new hoses. new cap/rotor. new plugs and wires. new coil
-Cleaned out the gas tank and installed a brand new Walbro fuel pump and filter
-New battery (relocated from the engine compartment to the trunk).
As proof that the 1100 miles were genuine. all four of the "brand new" tires that were on the car when I bought it were date-coded 1999- so I scrapped all 4 of them and put 4 new tires on it. The brake pads also looked brand new. I have no doubts that the miles were accurate
I've put more than 4000 miles on the car since working all the bugs out. and it is ready to go out and drive many. many thousands more. I've taken this car on numerous 300+ mile road trips since I've had it. and I'd be confident driving this car cross-country. It starts instantly. and runs cool all day- even with the A/C blowing full blast during 115 degree Arizona summer days. I have never seen the water temp go above 210.
The car has a VERY high quality paint job on it (the color is a metallic jade green. with about 10 coats of clear on it). Like any car that has been driven. it does have a few minor surface scratches. rock chips and stress marks in the paint (just like any fiberglass car would have). The most noticeable paint imperfection on the car is a semi-circle shaped stress crack on the nose (see the pic above- These stress cracks are not scratches- the finish is still smooth to the touch. and they don't seem to go any deeper than the clear coat). but the overall shine on the paint still overpowers all the blemishes. Even the stress marks on the nose are only noticeable on very close inspection (it took me nearly 100 tries to get the sun to hit them at just the right angle to capture that image)
So you must be thinking "If the car's this great. then why are you selling it?" Well- I found another Cobra that I want even more than this one. and I have no reason to own 2 of them. so this one's gotta go.
FAIR DISCLAIMER - Ebay is not the only place I have listed this car- I reserve the right to cancel this ad at any time before it ends. so if you are really interested. then go up and hit that "buy it now" button right now. and lock it in.
Once final payment is received. and all the checks have cleared. Transportation is the buyer's responsibility. but I will make myself available at any time of day to work with the shipper's pick up schedule
I have posted a few videos to youtube so you can hear this car do a cold start and idle. and hear it cruising. as well as running hard through the gears- Search for username "moore_rb" on Youtube and click on my channel.
or. click the "contact seller" link. and send me your email address. and I'll email you the direct links to the video and more photo galleries
**Note- A couple watchers have pointed out that the dash panel is tan in the videos. and black in the Ebay pictures - The videos are older. and the dash was originally tan when I got the car - I changed the dash and the door panels to black earlier this year. and I left the seats tan. so the Ebay pics reflect the car's current look.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Shelby cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $54,250.001965 Shelby Cobra Backdraft ASVE 408 Windsor Stroker
price: $75,000.001965 Shelby 427 Cobra 427
price: $134,995.001968 Shelby GT350 Convertible
price: $16,918.001965 Factory Five Shelby Cobra Titled as "1965 Ford" Beautifully Built in 2002
|1965 Shelby MKII||1||$37,900.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$54,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Factory Five Racing||4||$29,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra 427 ERA||3||$64,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$37,995.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$35,995.00|
|1968 Shelby GT500 --||12||$155,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Backdraft RT3 Replica||21||$69,450.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Mark II FACTORY FIVE RACE CAR||4||$US $21,500.00|
|1969 Shelby GT350||16||$US $35,400.00|
|1965 Shelby ford||8||$28,900.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||19||$US $25,000.00|
|1968 Shelby GT 350||21||$62,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$39,995.00|
|1964 Shelby Daytona Coupe Dan Rose Special||21||$64,995.00|
|1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Supercharged||12||$64,990.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 GT500||21||$128,995.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 Factory Air Conditioning||21||$106,995.00|
|1967 Shelby GT500 CSS Continuation Series||21||$299,995.00|