Chopped Kustom Barris Street Rod
Sale price: $34,500.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Chopped Kustom Barris Street Rod for sale
This is your chance to own a real piece of history. This is something that can never be recreated. This Mercury was one of the last cars that the Sultan of Chop himself. hopped. Dick Dean. I have the pictures and the documentation to prove the car was chopped by Dick. Dick Dean was known as the ghost builder/chopper for George Barris. he had his hands on many famous builds. such as the Batmobile. The car just got back from a new paint job and new interior. This is a great car. and can be driven anywhere. It turns heads and gets plenty of attention everywhere we take it. Below are some of the features:
1. ) Headlights frenched. using '51 Ford bezels cut down 5/8" so as to not be too deep in the fender.
2. ) Parking lights were relocated.
3. ) Front bumper was moved back approx. 4"
4. ) The tail lights are '51 Studebaker Commander with homemade buckets and mounted horizontally.
5. ) Rear fenders are welded and moulded to the body. as is the stone deflector. which is also extended down at the ends to flow with the lower edge of the fenders.
6. ) The rear bumper has been narrowed 3" and moved closer to the body.
7. ) It has been nosed. decked and shaved.
8. ) It originally came to me with no stainless trim. we added the Mercury stainless. all polished perfectly.
9. ) It is chopped 4" at the B pillars. not sure of the measurement at the front and rear. I have the B Pillar cut out.
10. ) Power steering. power disc brakes. air conditioning. working spots. SBC. automatic trans.
11. ) Restored. original 1950 Mercury accessory steering wheel (pretty rare and beautiful).
12. ) Hidden Custom Auto Sounds Stereo in the glove box
13. ) All the receipts and paperwork
14. ) True thru-tip exhaust tips like the old customs ran in the fifties.
The paint has a few flaws. There is a small flaw on the passenger fender and some small marks on the hood. but overall it is still a great looking car. I wish it did not have any flaws. because I did not pay for flaws. The door poppers do not work as well with the new interior. The doors are pretty tight. Someone could probably do some adjusting and get them to function a little better.
This is an old Kustom and I strongly urge you to come look at the car and drive it. Once it is sold. it is the property of the buyer. Car is sold as is. I can not be your eyes or ears. Payment due in full within seven days of auction end. Payment via cash or wire transfer only.
Please email me with any questions.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Mercury cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $20,000.001967 Mercury Cougar
price: $17,800.00Mercury : Cougar ELIMINATOR
price: $5,655.55Mercury : Other Sedan
price: $6,111.00Mercury : Monterey 2 door hardtop
|1954 Mercury Monterey Gasser||4||$24,995.00|
|1950 Mercury Monterey Woody Wagon||4||$63,995.00|
|1960 Mercury Monterey||4||$27,995.00|
|1961 Mercury Meteor||4||$23,995.00|
|1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator||4||$34,995.00|
|1970 Mercury Montego Ford, Couger, Mustang, Terino, 429'CJ, V8, Other||18||$US $8,655.55|
|1969 Mercury Cougar||12||$US $7,250.00|
|1969 Mercury Cougar||12||$24,000.00|
|1968 Mercury Cougar Dan Gurney Special||19||$24,500.00|
|1967 Mercury Cougar||21||$15,000.00|
|1979 Mercury Cougar||12||$9,000.00|
|1969 Mercury Cougar||7||$24,000.00|
|1968 Mercury Cougar COUGAR MUSTANG 289 V8||21||$US $8,000.00|
|1967 Mercury Comet Cyclone GT||10||$30,999.00|
|1951 Mercury Monterey Hot Rod Custom||12||$US $30,000.00|
|1949 Mercury Eight||9||$33,900.00|
|1951 Mercury Other||12||$US $7,000.00|
|1965 Mercury Parklane Marauder||3||$19,995.00|
|1965 Mercury Comet||19||$US $9,999.00|
|1955 Mercury Monterey||12||$18,000.00|