1983 Mercedes Benz 500SL Euro One Owner Black Over Cream Convertible
Sale price: $6,300.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||5.0 Liter V-8|
|Interior Color:||Cream (Tan)|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1983 Mercedes Benz 500SL Euro One Owner Black Over Cream Convertible for sale
I am pleased to offer this 1983 Mercedes Euro 500SL. This is a one owner car from new. Car is stunning in it's original combination of black exterior with cream leather interior. VIN # is WDB10704612002794 and mileage is 128. XX +/-.
This 500SL was repainted approx. 10 years ago and shows very well today. Paint was very professionally applied and took 6 months to apply. Car was taken down to bare metal and owner notes that the repaint is "better than factory original. "
Car has always been garaged and has been maintained by German Auto Service is Savannah. GA. Rob Parker is a well known German car expert and he has maintained this beauty.
- Original interior has been cleaned and serviced and looks brand new
- Carpet has been cleaned
- Owner has all receipts
- Original first aid kit. jack. tool kit
- Owners manual
- Converted to dual row timing gears
- Includes hardtop and softtop
- Includes hardtop holder
- New conv top
- Mechanically strong
The owner has extensive service records for this car since new. A summary of the work is below:
In October 2013 -
- R & R A/C Compressor and Receiver Drier. evacuate and recharge. test system - - Replace shifter bushings at linkage under car
- Remove shift lever assembly from center console. disassemble. replace bushings reassemble and reinstall
- R & R starter and check ring gear. reinsulate wires to starter. reroute harness for updated starter
- Replace steering center link. adjust steering box and check alignment
- Remove instrument cluster. repair odometer. reassemble and reinstall
- Replace spark plugs. install fuel pressure gage and test system. install fuel distributor adjust fuel mixture accordingly
- Replace air cleaner mounts
- Remove valve covers. oil cam followers and plugs. otate engine. replace valve stem seals one at a time. crosshatch cam followers clean and reassemble
- Touch up Paint at quarter panel and any chips
- Remove alternator and bracket. power steering pump and bracket and timing chain tensioner and gears. replace upper ramps. reassemble
- Replace fuel lines at left valve cover. pressure and return
Total spent $5234
- Brake flush
- Replace expansion tank hose
- Check condition of hoses. battery. plugs etc. Replace distributor cap. rotor. ohm wires. Check fuel pressure and replace fuel filter
- Remove and replace hazard switch. Diagnose and correct wiring issues
Total spent $1548
November 2007 -
- Install new sun visor
- Replace battery
Total spent $667
June. 2007 -
- Recharge AC system
- Oil service
- Replace left and right valve cover gaskets
- Drain all fluids and replace all O-rings
- Adjust steering box
- Replace exhaust hangers
- Adjust throttle linkage and trans. cable for proper shifting
- Adjust drivers door hinge and lube latch
Total spent $1107
June 2005 -
- Repair leak in radiator
- Oil service
Total spent $322
December 2004 -
- Rebuild power steering box
Total spent $635
December 2003 -
- Oil service
- Front and rear brake service
- Clean and rebuild brake front calipers
- Turn rotors
- Replace brake bleed system
- Adjust and lube throttle linkage
Total spent $2375
June 2003 -
- Replace AC compressor and AC dryer
Total spent $1286
March 2002 -
- Reseal lower radiator tank
- Replace control arm bushings
- Install trunk seal
- Repair leaking radiator
- Replace gas door actuator
- Repair window tract guide
Total spent $822
April 2000 -
- Replace fog light lenses
- Replace timing chain and tensioner
- Repair power steering box and pump
Total spent $1015
January 2000 -
- Replace left and right motor mounts
- Replace right valve cover gasket
- Repair and replace steering box
- Replace power steering cooler hoses
- Replace trans. converter seal and all O-rings
Total spent $1293
Owner notes that the car is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition.
1983 Mercedes 500SL
- A one owner '83 Mercedes 500SL
- Tons of money spent on cosmetics and maintenance with receipts to back it up
- A very desirable rare model with tons of eye appeal
I have not personally inspected this vehicle. I am relying on the pictures and descriptions provided by the seller. I can tell based on pictures and conversations with the owner that this rare 500SL is in excellent restored condition. At 128. 00 miles. it's barely broken in.
Please feel free to ask questions prior to bidding. I will make sure to get every questions answered in a timely basis. However. don't hesitate too much on this car. If you hesitate. you will lose.
I invite and encourage any interested party to inspect this car in Savannah. GA and determine for yourself that this car is truly in excellent condition. Seeing is really believing.
Take advantage of proxy bidding: Don't loose the vehicle at the last minute! There have been many people who have lost bids in the past because they were not familiar with proxy bidding. When you bid. bid the maximum amount that you are willing to spend on the vehicle. Each time someone bids higher than your last bid. eBay will automatically increment your bid by the minimum bid amount until it reaches your maximum. Don't get stuck loosing a good deal!
Testimonials - Bid with Confidence
Read what a buyer has to say about the quality of my service after he purchased a great 1988 Lotus Esprit S4 Turbo "AAA+++. This is the way Ebay is supposed to work. Everybody is happy!!! Thanks. "
Read what a buyer has to say about the quality of my service after he purchased a beautiful 1970 Mercedes 280SL. "My acquisition of a vehicle with Ron conducting the transaction went without a single problem. The description of the car was complete. informative and quite accurate. There were no surprises. All my questions and concerns were promptly addressed. His attention to details continued beyond the actual sale until the car was safely in my garage. As a new buyer I had only a positive experience and recommend him to the eBay community without reservation. "
Read what another buyer had to say when he received his 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham. "Car better than expected. Ron is prompt. friendly and honest. Highly Recommend!!"
Read what another person who purchased an '88 Mercedes 560SL had to say "Thanks. Ron. for your prompt. courteous and honest service. I've been looking for the right '88-'89 MB 560SL for the past three years - you found it for me! I couldn't be more pleased with the responsive. highly professional manner in which you handled my special needs. I'll buy from you again".
Contact Ron Susser
Phone [630 567-0066] Fax [703 858-0056]
Legal Information And Disclaimer
Vehicles & Other Items
This item or vehicle is being sold as is. where is with no warranty. expressed written or implied unless there is a warranty in effect from the factory. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description. authenticity. genuineness. or defects herein. and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness. imperfection. defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle. and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle or item.
Seller reserves the right not to sell to any bidder with 0 or negative feedback or to any bidder for any reason. 10% (non-refundable deposit) in certified funds or bank to bank wire transfer is due within 2 business days of auction end and balance is due within 7 business days of auction end. Buyer is responsible for cost of shipping but seller may be able to assist in arranging shipping. I can be reached at (630) 567-0066 to discuss the item. Please see my other auctions for high quality new and used vehicles and other quality collectibles.
Remember that your bid constitutes a legally binding contract to purchase this item. If you require an inspection. have it done prior to bidding. I strongly encourage all bidders to inspect vehicle personally or enlist the services of a professional inspector prior to placing a bid. After the sale. inspections are not recognized as a contingency to completing your obligation to your winning bid. If there are any questions regarding the above terms. please e-mail prior to bidding. Serious bidders only please. Good luck!
Copyright 1999-2014 RonSusser. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks. names. and anything else implied in this document are owned and protected by their respective owners.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Mercedes-Benz cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $12,500.001979 Mercedes-Benz 400-Series SLCoupe
price: $1,025.00Mercedes-Benz : 300-Series sedan
price: $23,500.001988 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 560 SL
price: $8,500.001985 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series