1973 Triumph TR6 with Factory Overdrive and Hardtop!
Sale price: $6,995.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2014-11-06
Andy Haynes (from Jacksonville, FL) offered usd
Technical specifications, photos and description:
It's hard to believe; but. three TR6's are too many!
Someone once told me that too many classic cars will drive you crazy…and I believe him! Old cars always need something and I just don't have enough time to give this car (and my other Triumphs and Porsches) the attention it deserves. So. this car is ready for a new home….
The car is a 1973 TR6 (Carmine with tan interior) with the two most desirable options: Overdrive and Factory Hardtop!
The car was bought by the previous owner in 1998 at a Kruse auction. The car was listed as having a rebuilt engine with the S-2 cam. It was driven for a few years and then parked for approximately 10 years. The car was then “brought back to life” in the last year. As part of the revival. the car received the following:
· New paint (looks very nice. not a show winnder but very acceptable)
· New seat upholstery and door panels
· New seat tracks
· New convertible top
· New trunk liner kit
· New radiator
· New brake master and rebuilt servo
· New wiper motor
· New gas tank
· New electric fuel pump and fuel regulator
· New Webers
· New (five) Coker Classic redlines!
So. what does the car need?
· The Webers need tuning. The car runs but does not idle smoothly. Someone with some time and inclination needs to tune them
· The liner in the hardtop needs to be replaced. I have ordered a new liner from The Roadster factory which I will include. The hardtop will also need mounting hardware. The good news is that the glass is good!
· The car has two areas of rust. There is a bubble on the rear cowl close to the rear fender. The other area is a patched area on the driver's side floor board. See pictures. The good news is the frame is solid (has been patched) as is the rest of the car. None of this has to be addressed any time soon and it is not structural.
Brakes are good. clutch is strong. lights work. gauges appear to work. etc. I have not driven the car enough to check the overdrive.
Also included is the convertible boot. a scrap book from the Previous Owner with pictures of the repainting process. original auction documents. etc.
The car has a clear title.
Basically. this is a car that can be ready for summer fun with a little tuning work. The engine runs strong with no noises. no smoke. and no drips that I have seen! This is a great car to drive as is or an excellent foundation for a full blown concours restoration.
The buyer is responsible for shipping. Payment by cash. wire transfer. or bank check (with time allowed for the check to clear). No trades!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Larry Peck, dated 05 december 2013
Please e-mail me and let me know if you have sold this car or send me your phone number so I can call you to set up a time to come down and look at this car. Thank you.
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £3,550.00TRIUMPH STAG V8 AUTO TAX FREE
price: $16,000.00Triumph: TR4 convertible | eBay
price: $4,299.001980 Triumph TR7 Body Inter VGood 5 Spd
price: $22,950.001973 Triumph TR-6 Roadster 4 Speed
|1959 Triumph TR3||4||$35,995.00|
|1972 Triumph Spitfire||4||$11,995.00|
|1963 Triumph TR4||4||$14,995.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||4||$12,995.00|
|1961 Triumph TR3||21||$31,950.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||21||$18,900.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire --||21||$8,950.00|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire||10||$4,800.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||5||$18,000.00|
|1979 Triumph Other TR7||16||$11,000.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6 TR-6||1||$8,900.00|
|1971 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $5,000.00|
|1968 Triumph TR 250 TR 250||9||$US $38,350.00|
|1973 Triumph Other||15||$US $1,800.00|
|1976 Triumph TR 7||7||$US $500.00|
|1970 Triumph TR-6||13||$US $6,500.00|
|1976 Triumph TR-6||18||$US $3,500.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $6,900.00|
|1969 Triumph TR-6 --||21||$US $202.50|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||16||$US $4,300.00|