1974 Triumph TR6 - Rust Free Survivor with most all original paint
Sale price: $10,500.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||Straight 6 Dual Carb|
|Trim:||2 Door Convetible|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1974 Triumph TR6 - Rust Free Survivor with most all original paint for sale
1974 Triumph TR6 – I purchased this car about a year ago to have some fun with. The car suffered a major electrical short of the anti-run on valve which is unfused and goes directly to the ignition switch. The owner at the time gave up on the car and left it to sit. I purchased the car and proceeded to repair this item and make the car drivable again.
The Following has been done:
1. Complete Fuel and ignition system overhaul – new pump. plugs. wires. cap. rotor. carb overhaul and balance.
2. Complete brake overhaul – all lines. wheel cyl's. shoes. pads. master. booster. calipers rebuilt. and rotors.
3. Complete clutch Hyd system replacement. nbsp; Master. Slave. and Line.
4. Suspension – New Shocks. Ball Joints. Rack Mounts. and Re-oiled Lever Shocks.
5. Fixed a pile of electrical issues
6. Cooling System – New Hoses. thermostat
7. Tried to Save original seats but my upholsterer said it was hopeless – New foam in seats – seats recovered in vinyl that very closely matched the original.
8. New Carpet Set
9. New Robbins top – removed original with reflector strip
10. New Seat Belts. – aftermarket as originals are just not available
11. Lots of rubber trim replaced as needed – new windshield seal – still have door strips at base of door glass not installed yet but come with car.
12. New Universal – Redline Radial Tires – These were $1000 alone. Also have new TR6 Emblems for Center caps not installed on car yet.
13. Diff cover. axel and pinion seals new. – after putting miles on the car only item that started to leak. Pulled diff and resealed completely. I also did the main driveshaft U Joints.
14. Installed new mirrors and started cleaning.
The Paint on the car is 80% original – down to the crazy side stripes. My intention was to paint the car and everyone said don't do it. The car has plenty of dents. scratches and rub marks from years of use. The paint was flat yellow when I bought the car. It looks really good now. The Items that have been painted sometime in the past are as follows – the hood. the right fender. and the right rear quarter panel. The car is truly rust free. Engine compartment and front grill area still need detailing – have some parts.
The car runs and drives great. The Overdrive will not engage sometimes mainly when warm. I don't know anything about them. I just don't use it. Lights all work. Motor does not smoke and runs very cool in traffic. Clutch feels a little heavy and might need a replacement but works fine and does not slip. I don't think one has ever been done. The car would make a great base for a restoration (No Rust repair) or freshened up original driver - what I think it should be. The crazy side stripes I have never seen before but a mark expert said they were optional from the factory and very rare and no longer available. I can discuss via the phone what else should be done.
Follow the link to my dropbox to see more photos. Please call and ask questions I know the full history on this car. CAR IS SOLD ON BILL OF SALE - Georgia does not issue titles on older cars ebay does not give an option for bill of sale. I am okay with international buyers and can help with shipping from port of Savannah.
cell phone 912-667-1704 Joe Frazar
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £27,995.001966 Triumph TR4A IRS Surrey Top - Fully restored matching numbers
price: $27,500.001961 Triumph Other TR3A ROADSTER - GROUND UP RESTORATION!
price: $12,999.00Triumph : Spitfire Spitfire Roadster
price: £4,500.00MOSS long MOT Free road tax
|1959 Triumph TR3||4||$35,995.00|
|1972 Triumph Spitfire||4||$11,995.00|
|1963 Triumph TR4||4||$14,995.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||4||$12,995.00|
|1961 Triumph TR3||21||$31,950.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||21||$18,900.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire --||21||$8,950.00|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire||10||$4,800.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||5||$18,000.00|
|1979 Triumph Other TR7||16||$11,000.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6 TR-6||1||$8,900.00|
|1971 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $5,000.00|
|1968 Triumph TR 250 TR 250||9||$US $38,350.00|
|1973 Triumph Other||15||$US $1,800.00|
|1976 Triumph TR 7||7||$US $500.00|
|1970 Triumph TR-6||13||$US $6,500.00|
|1976 Triumph TR-6||18||$US $3,500.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $6,900.00|
|1969 Triumph TR-6 --||21||$US $202.50|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||16||$US $4,300.00|