1970 LAND ROVER SERIES IIa "RE-ENGINEERED, STREET, BEACH OR OFF-ROAD CAPABLE"!!!
Sale price: $39,900.00 make an offer
Last update: 27.02.2014
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1970 LAND ROVER SERIES IIa "RE-ENGINEERED, STREET, BEACH OR OFF-ROAD CAPABLE"!!! for sale
Contact SellerSee our other listingsPrint this listing 1970 LAND ROVER SERIES IIa "RE-ENGINEERED. STREET. BEACH OR OFF-ROAD CAPABLE"!!!
Year: 1970 Transmission: Manual Make: Land Rover Engine: 4 Cylinder. 2250 CC L Model: Other Exterior Color: Red VIN: 24439881G Interior Color: Black Mileage: 15720 Title: Clear
THE CLASSIC CAR GALLERY
3266 POST RD
SOUTHPORT. CT 06890
Call Us Today
Ask Us A Question
BECAUSE LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRIVE A BORING CAR!!!
THE CLASSIC CAR GALLERY
3266 POST RD
SOUTHPORT. CT 06890
203 256 9800
1970 LAND ROVER SERIES IIa 88” “RE-ENGINEERED. FULLY GALVANIZED. GREAT ON ROAD OR OFF!!!”
The Classic Car Gallery is proud to offer this one of kind 1970 Land Rover Series IIa 88”. This iconic truck has been reengineered and restored to become either an aggressive off-road weapon that is also fully capable as a street truck.
THE MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRUCK ARE:
1. Conversion to LAND ROVER R380 transmission mated to the original Series transfer case. The R380 is the 5-speed transmission used in earlier Defenders. It is fully synchronized. makes the truck much easier to drive and allows her to cruise at 70mph on highway stretches.
2. Roam Offroad 4 wheel disc brake conversion. This system designed by the legendary Land Rover fabricator Tim Cooper uses later Land Rover Defender calipers. rotors. and pads in place of the original and inferior drum brakes. This modification makes the truck much safer to drive. as she now stops more like a modern truck.
3. Ashcroft rear differential locker. This system is similar to the ARB style lockers but has better weather and water sealing.
4. Rear Series Trek heavy-duty rear axles. Experts agree that they are almost unbreakable.
5. Poppy Red/Black. The paint shows well. and the interior features are in near new condition.
6. INCLUDES A FULL HARDTOP. FINISHED TO THE HIGH STANDARDS OF THE TRUCK (NOT PICTURED).
FULL LIST OF SPECIFICATIONS AND
• Galvanized frame
• Galvanized bulkhead
• Galvanized interior wheel well panels
• Land Rover Poppy Red paint color
• 2250cc Land Rover 4-cylinder gas engine
• R380 5-speed Defender transmission
• Ashcroft adapter kit to fit Series IIA transfer case
• Ashcroft rear air differential locker
• ARB air locker mini pump
• Roam Offroad 4 wheel disc brakes with Defender Pads. discs. rotors. and calipers
• Land Rover 109 brake master cylinder
• Land Rover high-torque starter motor
• 5 – 255/85/16 – 33” BFG KM2 Mud Terrain tires
• Land Rover steel wheels
• Range Rover Classic air intake / filter box
• Rochester 216ci carburetor
• Disco-Tech Industries electronic distributor
• New clutch plate
• Great Basin Rovers front and rear drive shafts custom modified to fit R380
• Custom battery mount / cage to mount ARB pump
• Series Trek rear heavy duty half shafts with integral flanges
• NRP stainless steel exhaust system
• Great Basin Rovers front and rear parabolic springs
• Bilstein shocks
• New 88” standard fuel tank with new hoses
• Custom transfer case bottom plate with cooling fins
• Custom center cross member with integral skid plate
• Pangolin 4x4 front winch bumper
• Pangolin 4x4 galvanized rock sliders with extra black powercoat layer
• Pangolin 4x4 fuel tank skid plate
• Pangolin 4x4 Delco style alternator bracket
• Delco alternator
• Warn M8000 winch with Master-Pull synthetic winch line
• IPF HID headlamps
• Dixon-Bate rear recovery point
• Radio Shack CB radio
• Custom rear CB antenna mount with whip antenna
• Bearmach swing-away spare tire carrier
• New Land Rover Series III steering column / steering box
• Steering stabilizer shock
• Upgraded Series III door latches with matching keys
• Hood. fuel tank. driver seat storage cubby. and center storage cubby locks
• New wiper motor with new left and right wiper arm gears
• Full Eastwood sound deadening material throughout interior and under hood
• Left and right Rovers North interior door panels
• Exmoor Trim sound deadening rubber mat set
• Exmoor Trim high back front seats
• Three point inertia reel seat belts
• Tuffy Security center console lock box
• Badger Coach Works headliner
• Custom ceiling and footwell LED lighting
• Tachometer gauge
• Blue Sea auxiliary fuse block
• Rovers North fan shroud
• Deka battery
• 2 Custom rear tool boxes that conform to body panels
• Custom rear door oak table / bar / storage setup
• Sediment fuel bowl drinking glasses set
• Halotron fire extinguisher
• Two full sets of keys with extra copies of a few keys
• Three 12V accessory sockets - 2 on dash. 1 in cargo area
• Door top / window quick release speed nuts
• Atlantic British door top / window padded bag
As can be seen. no expense was spared in the build of this truck. She must be one of the finest modified “series” land rovers on the market today. Driving like a much newer truck. while retaining the off road African desert look. she is equally comfortable on the street. the beach. or on the toughest off-road environments. She will make a great addition to any off road enthusiasts garage. Please feel free to call 203 256 9800 or email Steven@classiccargallery. com if we can answer any of your questions.
This vehicle is being sold as is. where is with no warranty. expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description. authenticity. genuineness. or defects herein. and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness. imperfection. defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle. and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
Terms and Conditions
GENERAL: Remember. this is used car and is being sold as-is. with any existing faults. whether known or unknown. There is no warranty of any kind. either expressed or implied. I have been a licensed dealer in Connecticut for over 17 years. The above description is accurate. to the best of my knowledge. but should not be relied upon to take the place of an inspection. I encourage your inspection BEFORE bidding. There are no other fees assessed. other than those taxes and fees required by the state when registering the vehicle. Check my eBay feedback. Feel free to contact me for any additional information. photos. etc. at Steven@classiccargallery. com
This VEHICLE carries all proper and clear documentation.
Note: Your bid is binding. Please do not bid unless you are ready to purchase this automobile. If you have any questions. please ask Steven@classiccargallery. com before making any bid. Upon notification of a winning bid. the winner must send a non-refundable certified check/money order for $1000 within 48 hours. The remainder of the balance is due within one week. If any of these conditions are not met. the transaction may be terminated at the sellers discretion. The seller also reserves the right to close this auction at any time. This automobile is located in Southport . CT 06890
Fee and Tax Information:
There are no additional fees applied. Taxes will be applied where applicable.
The Classic Car Gallery. located in Southport. Connecticut. is a fully licensed and bonded Automobile Dealership specializing in the Sale. Purchase. and Consignment of Antique. Classic. and Exotic Automobiles.
CCG provides complete Mechanical. Restoration. and Transport Services. We also provide Financing. Insurance. and a Location Service all tailored to your specific needs.See our other listings
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Rover cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £4,350.00ROVER SD1 3.9 V8 SPECIAL - UNIQUE AND VERY RAPID
price: $45,000.001973 Land Rover Range Rover
price: £5,950.00Rover P4 95 1963
price: £7,000.00Classic Range Rover 6 wheels Car-Michael converted
|1984 Rover 3500 SD1 SE V8||12||$12,990.00|
|1978 Toyota Land Cruiser||8||$54,000.00|
|1960 Land Rover Defender Series 2a||5||$US $200.00|
|1970 Land Rover Defender||13||$US $100.00|
|1954 Land Rover Other||12||$22,000.00|
|1979 Land Rover Defender Series III 1/4 Ton Military Light Weight||12||$US $3,550.00|
|1971 Land Rover Defender --||21||$17,951.00|
|ROVER MINI 1988 coupe||6||$12,500.00|
|Rang rover 2 door||5||$5,000.00|
|1970 VOLGA M-21||21||$14,000.00|
|1965 Land Rover Series IIA||21||$89,900.00|
|1970 Land Rover Defender||13||$4,700.00|
|1999 Rover Mini Light Green and white roof and light green leather||12||$18,990.00|
|Rover Mini Cooper BSCC / Sportspack||12||$23,800.00|
|ROVER P6 2000 SALOON SUIT PARTS OR RESTORATION SUIT P6B OLD SCHOOL RAT ROD BUYER||12||$750.00|
|1967 Chevrolet Impala --||12||$24,750.00|
|1969 Rover 2000 TC Runs Needs Completion Engine Rebuilt 4 spd man||12||$2,595.00|
|1961 Land Rover Other||7||$US $6,655.00|
|1970 Land Rover Other||12||$15,000.00|
|1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40||21||$US $25,100.00|