1963 Jaguar E-Type Open Two Seater (OTS) with Hardtop two owners flawless
Sale price: £24,100.00 make an offer
Last update: 30.01.2014
Car location: Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, United KingdomSeller's notes: high end restoration, a beautiful car RARE
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
|Interior/Comfort Options:||Leather Seats|
|In-Car Audio:||AM/FM Stereo|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1963 Jaguar E-Type Open Two Seater (OTS) with Hardtop two owners flawless for sale
Current customer rating: (123 votes) based on
* No expense spared restoration
* Numbers matching - Correct in virtually every detail
* Matching hardtop with rare chrome trim also included
* Featured in 50th Anniversary of Road & Track magazine
* Looks and drives great!
* Any and all questions are welcome and encouraged.
I have been the owner for the last 10 years of this original. numbers matching. rust free California car. The restoration was completed by the previous owner. and all correct fasteners and fittings were utilized. All receipts and pictures from the restoration are available.
The car is in fantastic condition and runs great and looks great. The hardtop exterior has been painted to match the car color. but the headliner on the hardtop needs to be restored. The sale also includes the chrome for the hardtop including the rear window trim which is very difficult to find.
Overall condition is 1- or 2+. Will place in any regional event!
Paint - Excellent
Chrome - Excellent
Mechanical Condition - Excellent
Interior - Very Good. some minor wear
Hardtop - Unrestored. exterior and chrome in very good condition. headliner and window need to be restored
This car is turn key and show beautifully and will easily complete a 1. 00 mile drive. It could use a detail and it's about time for a tune up. but as you can see from the pictures and videos this car is ready to be enjoyed.
So why am I selling it?
Everytime I have shown this car at an event. multiple people come up to me and tell stories about how they used to have an E-type and that they wish they had never sold it. I'm sure I will be one of those people too. I love this car!! Everytime I drive it. I'm amazed at the performance of an almost 50 year old car. Even just seeing the outline of the car under it's cover takes my breath away.
But. I have a family of 5 with three young children. I really want to have a car that all of us can enjoy at the same time. When the children are in college and off on their own. I will buy another E-type.
I also want a car that is more of a daily driver. This car is quite simply too nice to use that way. I have owned the car for 10 years. and I have only put less than 5. 00 miles on it.
* Built on March 17. 1963
* Dispatched to Jaguar Cars New York on June 18. 1963
* I do have a complete ownership record. the original owner moved the car to California
* Car was owned and driven for approximately 9 years after original purchase and then sat for the next 17 years
* Purchased by prior owner in 1989 in unrestored condition
* Restoration completed over 3 years from 1989-1992 with over $60. 00 in expenses
* Featured in May 1997 Road & Track magazine
* I purchased the car from the prior owner in August 2002
* Shown in Jaguar Corral at Concorso Italiano in 2007 and 2009
* Second place in British Car class at 2008 Carmel Concours
* Shipped to Boston By Reliable Carriers in June 2011 when we moved
* Always garaged and driven only on sunny days!
Beautiful Opalescent Maroon paint needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. "Opalescent" was the term Jaguar at the time for what we would now call metallic.
The car is in California. an estimate shipping including insurance and handling is 1321 quid. Feel free to ask any questions smarsh20@hotmail. co. uk
Thanks for visiting!
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Laurent Rassauw, dated 05 march 2014
I have some questions about this car you offer for sale.
It will give me good impression on the condition of the car, and it would allow me to get an idea of what I would have to do or to restore on the car.
- Could you please send me as many pictures as possible from interior, exterior and engine
Also details of registration numbers, soft top, dashboard, seats, trunk, spare well, underneath the car, underneath doors, etcâ€¦ ?
- Does the car drive, steer, brake, shift gears, etc... as it should do?
- Is this a car I could just start up and drive and enjoy immediately? (without having to do any work on it first?)
- Is it matching numbers?
- Has it ever been accidented or had work at the body?
- Are there any traces of rust or rot?
- Is the paintwork in good condition? (no cracks, chips, bubbling, or 'orange skin' effect?)
- Is the chrome ok?
- Are the rubber seals ok? (not dried out our cracked?)
Thank you for all the answers and for your quick reply,
Best regards from Belgium,
Other classic Jaguar cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $75,100.001952 Jaguar XK120 OTS Roadster: Striking, ALL Numbers Matching, Restored Example
price: £9,950.00Jaguar XJS 5.3 auto V12 CONVERTIBLE
price: £4,850.00Stunning Jaguar XJS classic car
price: $12,000.00Jaguar : XJS Leather
|1982 JAGUAR XJS HE v12||12||£39,995.00|
|1964 Jaguar Mark II||12||$59,000.00|
|1954 Jaguar XK DHC||1||$46,500.00|
|1967 Jaguar 420||4||$13,995.00|
|1967 Jaguar Other||12||$15,995.00|
|1965 Jaguar XK||18||$64,000.00|
|1964 Jaguar XK||12||$138,000.00|
|1974 Jaguar XK||12||$79,000.00|
|1962 Jaguar XK||12||$179,000.00|
|1974 Jaguar XK Roadster||12||$36,500.00|
|1970 Jaguar XK 2+2||12||$16,750.00|
|1989 Jaguar XJ||12||$18,000.00|
|1978 Jaguar XJ6||19||$14,500.00|
|1965 Jaguar S-Type (Silver)||10||$34,500.00|
|1971 Jaguar XK||1||$69,995.00|
|1953 Jaguar C-Type Replica||11||$124,900.00|
|1967 Jaguar E-Type||21||$99,995.00|
|1953 Jaguar XK 120 A Nice, Easy, Project||21||$77,499.95|
|1964 Jaguar E-Type||12||$US $25,800.00|
|1968 Jaguar E-Type 2 door coupe||21||$79,500.00|