Citroen CX 25 GTi Turbo 2 the last petrol-powered CX registered in the UK
Sale price: £4,900.00 make an offer
Last update: 11.12.2013
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Drive side:||Right-hand drive|
|Safety Features:||Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Rear seat belts|
|Interior/Comfort Options:||Air Conditioning, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Windows, Sunroof|
|In-Car Audio:||AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, Premium Sound System|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Citroen CX 25 GTi Turbo 2 the last petrol-powered CX registered in the UK for sale
Welcome to the sale of my beloved Citroen CX 25 GTi Turbo 2; the last petrol-powered CX to have been registered in the UK. The XM was launched in 1989. so 1991 CXs are very rare indeed. and I believe there is only one other in the country - a DTR currently awaiting recommissioning in a garage in Cheshire.
My car underwent a body-off partial restoration before I bought it. having had much work completed to its underside and a full repaint in its original white. The paint is quite magnificent.
I've had a lot of work carried out on the car since I've owned it:
* Full hydraulic re-pipe. including replacement seals and fasteners. The hydraulic system is all virtually new and there's not even the tiniest leak.
* Re-cored and refinished correct radiator by Aaron Radiator. Crystal Palace (They've refinished many radiators for me and always do an amazing job).
* New bespoke stainless steel exhaust backbox and exit pipes. handmade by Flowtech.
* New upgraded air conditioning condenser.
* Replacement air conditioning compressor (AC needs re-connecting).
* Replacement beautifully restored headlight units.
* New brand new front fog light units (rare as hen's teeth).
* New correct Michelin TRX tyres.
* Replacement alternator.
* New battery.
* Superb new. discreetly installed sound system comprising Pioneer DAB/CD/iPod head unit; Alpine V12 amplifier; Alpine component speakers and tweeters installed in the correct front door apertures; quality 6x9 speakers installed discreetly in the rear parcel shelf; Vibe 10" subwoofer. It all sounds really brilliant.
* Reprogrammed central locking receiver and two reconditioned plippers - again. very rare items.
There is no corrosion anywhere. and nothing to do on this car (apart from reconnect the AC).
The original Turbo wheels are all in fabulous condition.
If you're in the market for a CX GTi T2. I doubt you'll find a better car for sale anywhere.
The plate is the original that came with the car when it was new.
I am the third owner.
There's remarkably little wear to the interior. with just the beginnings of wear to the driver's seat bolster. I've been waiting for a black leather interior to come up for sale. but it hasn't happened just yet - anyway. that's what I would be doing should I elect to keep the car (I'm not desperate to sell - I just have a hankering after something different. maybe a V12 Mercedes W140).
The car drives just as it should. with incredibly direct steering. powerful brakes. wonderful ride and continent-crushing cruising capability.
It's just about to clock 60k miles (currently on 59. 8 something) which is very little for this incredibly tough drivetrain.
The car has an MOT until 2 Dec 2014 and I've just added six months' tax.
Downside - there is not much history with the car. just a few MOTs. receipts for work I've had carried out and the original documents wallet with manuals etc. The car was laid up in a barn in Somerset for around 10 years before being restored. Well-known CX authority Stan Platts confirmed the mileage to me as he had seen the car while it was in storage and knows well the gentleman who restored the car after it came out of storage.
Lots more photographs available here: http://www. flickr. com/photos/pocket-calculator/sets/72157638511987076/
Car is in east London and can be viewed at any time by arrangement
Cash on collection. bank transfer or banker's draft only. please.
Bidder with fewer than 20 feedbacks please contact me before bidding or I will have to remove your bid
Thanks for looking. Just had the listing cancelled by eBay due to a phantom listing violation. Apologies to those who'd already bid/watched.
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Citroen cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £4,250.00Citroen 2 CV SPECIAL LHD
price: £3,999.00citroen 2cv
price: $9,071.00Great low mileage car in very nice condition...
price: £4,250.001977 CITROEN 2CV4 SPECIAL - RARE MODEL IN GREAT CONDITION, LHD