1983 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon
Sale price: $14,500.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||2.1 L (upgraded) water-cooled|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1983 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon for sale
Current customer rating: (49 votes) based on
This is a lovely 1983 VW Vanagon Westfalia camper van. This is a good running. dependable bus. which has made many trips across the USA. I just took it on a 600+ mile road trip in May 2017. after updating several maintenance items left from the previous owner. and it ran like a champ. Very smooth ride. It spent most of its life in sunny Florida. It starts right up and takes off with no hesitation. The bus has a clean title and current registration. It is ready for a new owner to build new memories!
- 2. 1 Liter 4 cylinder engine upgrade in 2006 (replaced at 163. 85. Based on information from previous owner. estimated ~50. 00 total miles on engine. )- 4 speed manual transmission - water cooled engine- Manual windows and door locks operational. Camping door works fine and lock works. - Trailer hitch added- Locking gas cap - Screens in side windows intact without rips- Upgraded aftermarket stereo and CD player with remote. removable face. and capability for satellite radio- Doors and body seals work well. no apparent leaks. - Original jack and tools + additional jack in rear seat- Tow bar added with detachable brake lights for towing behind another vehicle- Trailer hitch added- Includes Bentley Factory Service Manual and original owner's manuals for Vanagon and camper
Westfalia Camper Kit:
- Under-nose mounted spare tire (new)- Swivel driver and passenger seats work well. smooth operation- Rear dining table- Sink and 13 gal. internal water tank with pump- Hookup for outside (city) water hose. see photo- Stove (propane tank included) - Pop-top in great shape with upper bunk and screens. Some mildew stains on felt headliner. No leaks. - Fiberglass top is in excellent original condition and free of leaks. - Sleeps two on full-sized fold-down rear bench seat and two on upper bunk. - Upper and lower sleeping pads in excellent condition. (see photo)- Re-covered driver. passenger and rear seat upholstery in fantastic shape. - Fridge runs off propane. battery. or electric. Previous owner states all are operational. Propane and battery have not been tested; electric works very well. - Curtains have all been replaced. no fading. - Original snap-on driver's cab privacy curtain included. all snaps are in place. - Snap-on mosquito net for back hatch- Closet with mirror and clothes-hanger bar (see photo)- Overhead cabinet - Overhead light with on/off switch works; very bright- Includes key for locking the external door to the internal water tank
New repairs/updates in May & June 2017 include:
- 4 brand new tires + new spare with 2 year road hazard protection from Tirerack. com (205/70R14 Altimax RT43)- New sway bar links/bushings- New inner and outer tie rod ends- New lower ball joints- New front and rear shock assembly- New side mirrors- New horn- New speedometer cable (odometer now works)- New heater cable- New front stereo speakers- Replaced fire extinguisher- New rack & pinion boot kit- New air filter and oil change- Check/tighten distributor cap and spark plugs- Pressure test coolant system (small leak repaired)- Shift linkage replaced/repaired.
The van received a very thorough inspection and all known problems/maintenance items were addressed. except as stated below:
- Clock does not work.
- Cosmetic blemishes (see photos): scratch on passenger side. rear bumper rust. rust on driver's side drip rails. Interior trim & finish is peeling in some places. None affect operation of vehicle.
- Title & vehicle history report show "Not Actual Mileage". Current odometer reading shows 191. 37. I'm told it was driven routinely and locally between 2014 when the odometer stopped and when I bought it. Speedometer cable has been replaced and speedometer and odometer work properly now. The title is clean (not salvage. flood. etc. ) Registration is current. Originally registered as "Exempt. "
Why I am selling: I bought the vehicle in May 2017 intending to spend the summer and beyond camping. but after I took my first trip trip. I realized I did not like driving such a big vehicle. I have made all the maintenance and repairs recommended by the mechanic (listed) and it runs really well. super smooth ride. This van is truly ready to go. Please ask questions if you have them.
Fine print:This vehicle is also for sale locally. and I reserve the right to cancel any bids or cancel the auction for any reason before it ends. Buyer is responsible for all taxes. tags. and fees. Full payment due within 5 business days or 7 weekdays of auction's end. whichever is shorter.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic VW (Volkswagen) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $7,100.001966 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic
price: £11,500.00VW T2 Bay camper 1972
price: $5,490.001965 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic STEEL SUNROOF - ROOF RACK
price: £7,000.0067 VW Beetle UK RHD 1500 - 1 owner from new !!, fantastic patina, future classic
|1983 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon||9||$6,500.00|
|1973 Volkswagen Thing Acapulco Tribute||4||$16,995.00|
|1964 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia||4||$17,995.00|
|1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia||4||$15,995.00|
|1969 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia||4||$34,995.00|
|1976 Volkswagen Super Beetle||4||$18,995.00|
|1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle Convertible||4||$19,995.00|
|1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle Convertible||4||$10,995.00|
|1979 Volkswagen Super Beetle Convertible||4||$18,995.00|
|1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle||4||$12,995.00|
|1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle||4||$16,995.00|
|1963 Volkswagen Baja Beetle||4||$8,995.00|
|1979 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Convertible||4||$14,995.00|
|1979 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon||4||$26,995.00|
|1969 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic||4||$14,995.00|
|1973 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Super Beetle||4||$7,995.00|
|1978 Volkswagen Thing||21||$US $12,000.00|
|1983 Volkswagen Rabbit||10||$5,899.99|
|1982 Volkswagen Rabbit||21||$19,600.00|
|1973 Volkswagen Thing||12||$US $8,000.00|