1955 Citroën --
Sale price: $US $6,500.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2017-08-30
Paul Hanson (from North Granby) offered 8,000 usd
Roderic MacClancy (from London) offered 6,500.00 usd
Technical specifications, photos and description:
Rare right hand drive Citroen Traction Avant with factory installed semiphore (trafficators) as required by Britain at the time. (French production was already using turn signals). Wonderful original driver that was recently brought out of storage from an airplane hangar. Front wheel drive 4cylinder propels the charming 4 speed gearbox. Graceful running board-less art deco design invites top coats and formal gowns as you slide into the luxurious suicide doors up front or the massive lounge for a back seat with the style of French luxe.
Extraordinary road car that's decades ahead of itself in road worthiness. economy and technology while still maintaining the illusion of prewar expression. design and style.
These cars were eventually replaced by the ID/DS series. another milestone car. The subject car is a driver needing nothing to enjoy. It is solid. roadworthy and delightful to the eye. A milestone to any automotive historian and a magnificent work of art to most. Henri Citroen was the Henry Ford of Europe. His lifetime opus may have been the “Traction” series. Traction Avant means “ Front wheel drive” loosely translated. Even in Greek this car is spectacular. Vehicle Photos: Vehicle Warranty:
This vehicle is being sold as is. where is with no warranty. expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description. authenticity. genuineness. or defects herein. and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness. imperfection. defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle. and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.Terms and Conditions: Payment Options We accept the following payment methods:
- Cashier's Check/money order
- Cash (in person)
Vehicle Pickup & Shipping All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility. General Terms
Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC.
Tel: (206) 467-6531
"We covet the rare and unusual. br /> whether pedigreed or proletarian. "
Thanks for your interest. In fairness to all Bidders. reserves are held in confidence until after the end of the auction. We are more than happy to help make the appropriate shipping arrangements and help arrange financing. Buyer will be responsible for his own Licensing Requirements in state of residence. Washington State retail buyers will pay required 8. 7% sales tax. title transfer. and registration fees. Buyer can inspect vehicle at our premises on weekdays. so send your representative early to be sure you don't miss this one. Seller reserves the right to cancel your bid if you have any negative feedback. DEALERS ARE WELCOME TO BID! Please call Seller with all of your questions prior to bidding at 206-467-6531! We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction early. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation. Winning Bidder must confirm his winning bid with a minimum non-refundable deposit of a $1. 00 or 10% of sales price. whichever is greater. within 48 hours of Winning Bid. Balance of Purchase Price is due to Seller within 5 days of Winning Bid.
Terms of Sale
1. Please be sure to have all monies (loans or financing approved or in place) before making your final bid. We appreciate your business and want to handle the transaction as smoothly and expeditiously as possible.
2. We accept Certified & Cashier's Checks and Bank transfers in US Dollars only.
3. The deposit is due within 48 hours of end of auction.
4. The balance is due within 5 days of auction closure. If the deposit is not received within 48 hours of the close of auction or if the balance is not paid in full within 5 days following the close of auction. we reserve the right to re-list the vehicle or to sell it to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer. This does not allow you to cancel your contract. and you are still liable for damages if you breach.
5. Our goal is to continue providing quality vehicles. It is important to keep in mind that the vehicles we list are pre-owned. and it is very difficult to describe every small mark on them. As a consequence there may be additional minor wear on the vehicle that is typical of the age. such as minor superficial hairline scratches. small nicks and minor abrasions that are not indicated in this description. These factors will not detract from the overall appearance and value of the vehicle. Minor items such as cigarette lighters. manuals and CD magazines may also be missing.
6. To the best of our knowledge we have indicated any mechanical problems that are present in the description above. However. we are selling the vehicle "as is". without warranty other than any existing factory warranty that may still remain. Please inquire for details. Unless the vehicle has a remaining factory warranty. all sales are "AS-IS" with no warranty stated or implied.
7. eBay may offer some type of warranty. If so. that warranty is separate and independent of Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC.
8. Buyer pays all shipping charges. We ship locally and internationally and will be happy to assist you if you need help finding a shipping company. There are quite a number of vehicle shippers online. Feel free to contact any number of them to get the best rate and service.
9. All bidders understand and agree to the following:
We reserve the right to notify
bidders and cancel this auction.
We reserve the right to cancel bids
from those with excessive negative feedback.
We shall not be held liable for any
10. The State of Washington shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes. Venue shall be exclusively in King County. The final contract signed between both buyer and seller shall be binding. The final signed contract and terms thereof shall govern the sale. All disputes arising out of or relating to this auction. any negotiations. the Signed agreement. nbsp;or to the breach. enforcement or interpretation thereof. shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Washington. in accordance with the terms contained in the final sale agreement and under the laws of the state ofWashington.
Notice to Bidders
1. No bid retractions in the last 24 hours of auction please. If there are bid retractions in the last 24 hours. we may cancel all bids. end the auction early and re-list this vehicle to protect the integrity of the auction process.
2. Remember your obligation as a bidder and eBay Community Member. Don't Bid unless you have the ability and you intend to purchase the vehicle. Bidders must have cash or available financing before bidding on our vehicles.
3. Remember that you are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the above-described vehicle from Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC. This is our business and we take it very seriously. Therefore. we reserve the right to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone that intentionally interferes with our auctions or our ability to effectively sell our vehicles.
4. Buyers of automobiles will be charged a $100. 00 documentation processing fee.
5. We respect all of our customers - locally and now nationally and internationally here on eBay. We are happy to make all of our vehicles available for all qualified bidders that are registered in the eBay Community.
6. All items are for sale locally. and we reserve the right to end the auction early in the event the item sells.
Parts of the car descriptions may have come from Wikipedia
Taxes and Fees: Out of state buyers are not charged tax. title. or license but are responsible for the documentation fee. The customer is responsible for registering the vehicle in their home state. You will receive 30-day in-transit tags.☎ Call or text "12421" to 206-317-7731 for more information
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from paul, dated 13 january 2018
is this traction avant still available? thanks!
from jon, dated 30 december 2017
I havent seen any answers.. does it start? Can it drive onto a trailer or will it need to be push-pulled. I willl pay the listing price in cash, but need an answer so I can try to plan the trip to come get it, I work for a county government in WI, so the trip would need to be planned. Thanks.
from scott, dated 06 october 2017
Is it running and driveable?
from Gregory Gannon, dated 22 september 2017
Where is the car located and when can I see it?
Other classic Citroen cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $5,000.00Mini Clubman
price: $4,000.001930 Citroen 6
price: £3,100.00Beautiful Triumph Spitfire 1500
price: £3,850.002CV lomax kit car body citroen ami 8 sports 4 wheeler sports 244
|1985 Mini Classic Mini||19||$US $12,000.00|
|1963 Citroën AX ID 19||21||$14,000.00|
|1952 Citroën AX Traction Avant||21||$18,000.00|
|1955 Citroën --||21||$US $6,500.00|
|1973 Citroën HY Van||8||$35,000.00|
|1973 Citroën H-Van||11||$49,000.00|
|1985 Mini Classic Mini||19||$US $12,350.00|
|1974 Citroën Mehari --||1||$US $15,000.00|
|1985 Mini Classic Mini SPORTPACK||19||$US $12,500.00|
|1987 Citroën AX||21||$US $7,000.00|
|1952 Citroën AX Traction Avant||21||$17,500.00|
|1960 Citroën 2cv||9||$8,950.00|
|1957 Citroën 2cv||7||$7,950.00|
|1963 Citroën AX||9||$US $6,500.00|
|1989 Toyota Hiace Turbo Diesel Hiace Super Custom||21||$5,990.00|
|1969 Citroën DS21||7||$US $22,200.00|
|1973 Citroën HY Van||8||$35,000.00|
|1977 Citroën AX||15||$12,999.00|