1967 Jaguar E Type FHC Coupe
Sale price: $33,000.00 make an offer
Last update: 05.11.2013
Pending offersDate: 2017-03-19
Paul Forse offered 26,000 dollars usd
Technical specifications, photos and description:
I run the car without the front bumpers because I like the look. They are included with the over-riders and the motif bar. The radio is a 3-band Blaupunkit (?) with separate power amp. Handbook is included. I have all the delivery documents that came with the car including the warranty card signed by the owner of Overseas Motors in Ft. Worth on February 17. 1967. the warranty service voucher book with the dealer stamps. the drivers handbook. lubrication chart. dealer list. and some others. Metalfacture jack. bag. and a very worn Thor hammer. The only item I don't have is the tool kit. I think the previous owner kept it even though I grilled him about it. but what can you do?
The car runs great. engine is seamless. doesn't smoke. stays at 80 - 85 C. stops straight and well (for an E Type). It does drip a little oil - mostly from the engine and gearbox drain plugs when sitting.
THE TERMS: Sale is final. no warranty. You would be wise to inspect this or any car you intend to purchase. A $500 deposit must be made to my Paypal account within 24 hours of the end of the auction. Balance can be wire transfer or cashiers check to my account. When my bank and I are both satisfied regarding the validity of the transfer. the car and the signed title will be released to you. Payment and pickup must be made within 7 days of the end of the auction locally. I will not deliver. The license plates and registration will be removed before transfer and are not included in the sale. I will assist in moving the car for loading at its place of storage.
Please contact me for any further information or pictures of the Jag. Thanks.
On Nov-04-13 at 15:36:29 PST. seller added the following information:
Hi everyone. thanks for your responses. Many have asked the same questions and I was asleep at the switch last night so here are the top question responses.
1. Yes. all numbers on the car match the original data plate which is mounted on the car. Engine head. block. crankshaft. and flywheel all match. Gearbox - which is the correct close ratio factory installed item - matches. Picture frame (original) matches the car number (VIN). Body # tag (aluminum original) matches.
2. Opalecent silver grey is the original color and the car had not been repainted when I bought it. Car was painted in the correct shade during the restoration. Bonnet was painted inside and out. Firewall and all subframe pieces all painted. trunk painted. floors inside and some on the outside - see below. Car is all one color everywhere. I admit the bottom is a bit grubby from oil drips and use. This is a driver. not a show car. I used it and enjoyed it.
3. Rust - Car was parked under a carport with three sides closed for 15 years. The passenger side was nearest the elements. This is Texas - strong thunderstorms with high wind and blowing rain. Leaky door seals on the passenger door allowed water to drip down on the front end of the inner sill. It got under what was left of the vinyl covering and pitted the top surface to the point of perforation. It was toast. No way to do just the inner so I did the full set. This is my third E Type body rebuild so I know what is required to set the tension in the sill set when you do the replacement. The drivers side was fine. The door leak also allowed water to run down into the drop in pan on the passenger side and It was changed also. With that exception all 4 areas of the floors - left/right/front/back - were without corrosion at all. I do have some pictures of the floors from the resto - I will scan them and send them to you if you need to see them. The same situation occurred in the trunk floor area and I changed it also. There are pictures of that in the auction spread however.
4. No I don't have heritage certificate - I have all the documentation and the correct matching unitsare on the car. Why spend $65 for what I already know? People and vendors put waaay too much stock in those things. They don't add any real value. Sorry. end of soapbox.
5. What else ? Forgot to mention the new windshield from Pilkingtons/Triplex. Lucas 11AC alternator (the original by date code) was upgraded about 1000 miles ago. I will put the washer bottle back on - it still works. All gauges function properly except the clock - it always stops at 2:00. The radio does not work but is all there. I do have some left over red leather and vinyl for the hinge covers. That job stumped me.
6. I do have a price in mind. but I will let this auction run. Feel free to make an offer however.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Michael DiCicco, dated 28 december 2015
Is the 1967 Jaguar E-Type FHC still for sale?
from Michael DiCicco, dated 28 december 2015
Is the 1967 Jaguar E-Type FHC still for sale?
Other classic Jaguar cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £5,995.001963 MK 10 JAGUAR,3.8 TRIPLE CARB,ICE BLUE,BEAUTIFUL CAR,BARGAIN FOR SOMEONE
price: $1,425.00Jaguar : Other 4 DOOR SEDAN
price: $5,995.00Jaguar : E-Type 2+2 COUPE
price: £18,995.00FOR SALE: Jaguar XJS Celebration
|1977 Jaguar XJ6 | eBay||7||$10,495.00|
|Jaguar E Type Steering Wheels||9||$505.00|
|1973 Jaguar E-Type XKE V12||4||$74,999.00|
|1973 Jaguar E-Type XKE Roadster||5||$US $9,101.00|
|1988 Jaguar XJ6 XJ6 VANDEN PLAS SEDAN||21||$14,500.00|
|1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden plas xj6||2||$5,800.00|
|1987 Jaguar XJS XJS||11||$US $6,500.00|
|1956 Jaguar XK 140||21||$US $65,000.00|
|1989 Jaguar XJS||19||$9,998.00|
|1966 Jaguar E-Type||1||$165,000.00|
|1960 Jaguar MKII MKII||21||$73,995.00|
|1973 Jaguar E-Type||21||$US $32,500.00|
|1965 Jaguar D Type Recreation by Tempero||10||$189,999.00|
|1967 Jaguar E-Type||21||$43,000.00|
|1967 Jaguar Other 420||15||$9,950.00|
|1973 Jaguar E-Type||12||$79,777.00|
|1967 Jaguar E-Type 1967 Jaguar E-Type-Series 1 OTS-Roadster-Convertib||12||$69,500.00|
|1957 Jaguar Other||21||$65,000.00|
|1974 Jaguar E-Type V-12||21||$US $48,500.00|
|1960 Jaguar Other Mark II||21||$US $14,500.00|