1973 Buick Riviera Stage I
Sale price: $US $17,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Type:||Coupe, 2-Door Hardtop|
|Interior Color:||Medium Brown|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1973 Buick Riviera Stage I for sale
This Riviera “Boat Tail” Definitely Draws Attention!!!!
Please read the Terms and Conditions of this sale first. If you cannot accept the Terms and Conditions. then please do not waste your time or my time bidding on this vehicle. Please. bid with your wallet. not your heart. Also. please read the entire listing. There is a lot of information here.
I am selling this as I need to thin out my collection of 16 vehicles. I am selling this one and a few more over the coming weeks. Trades will not be considered. so please do not ask.
This is the last year for the Buick Riviera Boat Tail design mimicking the C2 Generation Corvette Stingray Coupes. This is a beautiful design that unfortunately did not have a longer life.
This is a rare Riviera. For 1973. Buick made a standard Riviera. a Riviera GS. and a Riviera GS Stage One. This is a Buick Riviera GS Stage One. The VIN. the fifth digit. which is a “W. confirms it was built and delivered as a Buick GS Stage One package. I have been able to confirm. through a lot of research. that it is a true GS Stage One. with the exception of the engine block. The previous owner indicated that he thought the motor was rebuilt at some point in time. The engine block. heads. carburetor. transmissions. etc. all have the correct casting numbers for a 1973 GS Stage One. The engine block has the correct casting number for a 1973 Buick Riviera. However. it does not have the have the “XS” stamped on the head deck between the 3rd and 4th spark plugs on the driver's side. This leads me to believe it is a standard 455 big block for 1973. It does have the correct heads for a GS Stage One as they have the larger valves that nearly touch each other.
I have conflicting information on how many were built. I have seen the number 728 a few times as well as 1. 34. The 1. 34 appears the most. so I would go with that number.
This Riviera also has the oversized 12-bolt rear end. From the research I did (Buick Rivera information is sketchy at best). this vehicle was either built in Canada for use in both Canada and the US or it was built in Canada for US use only. It has the posi-track with 3:23 gears.
Since it is not a 100% pure Buick Riviera GS Stage One. when the engine was rebuilt. I had them put in a hotter camshaft. punch it out . 030. along with a few other enhancements to include an Edelbrock Performer 2416 aluminum intake manifold with a 750 CFM Edelbrock 1411. 4-barrel. square bore carburetor.
It drives and handles great. nice and stable. It is like riding the waves on an ocean. It will definitely get up and go when you kick down on it. You will get lots looks and thumps up. Look at it like this. a “muscle car” wearing a tuxedo.
The restoration was not a complete “rotisserie” restoration. Other than the main body. everything was taken off and redone.
It has approximately 475 miles on it since it was finished.
I have taken several pictures to include the VIN on the vehicle (kind of hard to see) along with the title. If you would like additional photos. please ask.
Here is a partial list of the more salient things I did to the car:
· Rebuilt the entire drive train. engine. transmission. and rear end.
· The undercarriage was media blasted and sprayed with POR-15. then painted with a satin hotrod black paint
· Engine compartment was media blasted and painted with a satin hotrod black paint
· The suspension. front and rear was totally rebuilt
· The AC was converted from the old R-12 to the newer R-134a
· The majority of the interior was redone. It had cloth seats. They were replaced with vinyl. The rest of the interior was in excellent condition. The door arm rests were redone. Some of the interior chrome and ash trays were redone as well.
· The carpet was in excellent and I just did an extensive cleaning of it.
· The headliner was replaced.
· New Sunvisors
· Dash Is In Excellent Condition – No Cracks
· The vinyl top was replaced.
· The car was repainted in a dark Forest Green. base coat/clear coat.
· The exterior chrome was either re-chromed or buffed out.
· Many of the exterior emblems were replaced.
· It has four new era correct radial tires.
· It has four new Riviera wheel center caps and many other things.
This is a highly optioned vehicle. It has:
· Stage 1 Package (except for the block)
· Turbo Hydra-matic “400” Transmission
· Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust with Dual Rear Resonators
· Power Windows
· Power Door Locks
· 60/40 Bench Seat with Driver's Side Being 6-way Power
· Power Steering
· Air Conditioning
· Cruise Control
· Tilt Steering Wheel
· AM/FM Radio with 8-Track Player
· In-Windshield Radio Antenna
· Clock and It Actually Works
· Passenger Side Vanity Mirror with Dual Lights
· Day/Night Interior Rearview Mirror
· Remote Control Outside Rearview Mirror
· Protective Side Moldings
· Chrome Plated Wheels
· The Odometer Reads 52. 49. I do not believe this to be the actual mileage. It has probably turned over once.
The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs. I will help facilitate the loading of the vehicle and I will store it in a climate controlled storage facility until the car is picked up. However. the vehicle must be picked up within two (2) weeks after auction close. So please start looking at carriers now. not later.
If you have any questions. please call Gary at 720-949-3546.
Terms and Conditions of Auction
1. This is a seven (7) day long auction.
2. There is no reserve so this car will sell to the highest bidder.
3. I reserve the right to end this auction at any time. with or without cause.
4. The car is being sold “as is” “where is. ” Meaning there is no warranty on this vehicle. implied or implicit. Again. it is being sold “as is. where is!” There is no return.
5. If you are the winning bidder. this does not give you the right to inspect the vehicle. and then make a decision to buy it. If you are the winning bidder. you are obligated to follow through and purchase the vehicle. Bidding is considered to be legally binding contract.
6. If you wish to have the vehicle inspected prior to making a bid. you are welcome to inspect it or have an individual come and inspect it for you. Just please coordinate it with me.
7. If you have zero (0) feedback. you must contact me first. before making a bid and convince me that you are a serious bidder and should you be the winning bidder. you will follow through with the purchase of the vehicle. Otherwise. I will cancel your bid. no questions asked.
8. If you have more than one (1) bid retraction within the last six (6) months. you must contact me first. before making a bid and convince me that you are a serious bidder and not retract the bid. unless you truly made an honest mistake. Otherwise. I will cancel your bid. no questions asked.
9. Buyer is solely responsible for any and all shipping costs. I will help facilitate the shipment of the vehicle for you. However. you must coordinate the shipping date. time. and carrier with me at least 48 hours in advance.
10. A deposit of $1. 00. 00 is due within 24 hours of auction close via PayPal. Full payment must be made in full seven (7) days after the close of the auction. In the event the full balance of the purchase price. less the $1. 00. 00 deposit. is not received within the seven (7) days of Buyer's "purchase" of this vehicle. I reserve and retain the right to declare the Buyer to have defaulted on the terms of this listing and to terminate such sale and relist the vehicle for sale to another party. The $1. 00. 00 deposit will be retained as "liquidated damages" and I will owe no duty to the Buyer or any other purchaser to apply such funds to the final purchase price of this vehicle. or to refund such sum to the defaulting buyer.
11. Final payment must be made via wire transfer to my account or via certified check from a national bank (e. g. . Chase. US Bank. Wells Fargo. Bank of America).
12. These are simple Terms and Conditions to set the bounds of the auction and keep it fair and honest for all bidders. If you cannot abide by or accept these Terms and Conditions. then please do not bid.THANK YOU!!!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Buick cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $5,000.001967 Buick Electra Custom 7.0L
price: $10,000.001955 Buick Other
price: $29,768.001958 Buick Roadmaster 75 Riviera Sedan Hardtop *MINT ORIGINAL*
price: $15,999.002015 Buick Encore Convenience AWD
|1965 Buick Riviera||14||$34,500.00|
|1966 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan||3||$13,995.00|
|1983 Buick Riviera Convertible||4||$8,995.00|
|1972 Buick Skylark Sport Coupe||4||$25,995.00|
|1953 Buick Roadmaster --||12||$38,995.00|
|1971 Buick Skylark Custom Convertible||4||$19,995.00|
|1984 Buick Riviera||4||$9,995.00|
|1964 Buick Riviera||4||$17,995.00|
|1969 Buick GS 400||4||$29,995.00|
|1969 Buick Sportwagon||4||$19,995.00|
|1969 Buick GS400||4||$29,995.00|
|1987 Buick Grand National||21||$US $39,900.00|
|1987 Buick Grand National||14||$13,500.00|
|1987 Buick Grand National||21||$70,000.00|
|1973 Buick LeSabre Lesabre Custom||12||$US $23,000.00|
|1967 Buick Electra||15||$25,000.00|
|1985 Buick Riviera||13||$13,500.00|
|1971 Buick Skylark||21||$US $9,109.00|
|1972 Buick Skylark||21||$11,050.00|
|1955 Buick Roadmaster||17||$12,500.00|