1975 MG Midget RESTORED
Sale price: $6,500.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||4 cylinder gas|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1975 MG Midget RESTORED for sale
Stunning 1975 MG Midget 1500
This is an excellent example of a 1975 MG Midget 1500. 1975 was the first year for the larger 1500cc engine and was the last year SMOG equipment was not required. This car comes in a rare Harvest Gold orginal color with orginal MG stripping.
I originally purchased this car as a project for my son and I to work on. Now that it is completed. we are sadly selling this car which has become a part of the family to hopefully start a new project in the near future.
It is very fun to drive and always gets thumbs ups and smiles from people on the street. It has been in our town's 4th of July Parade for the past 3 years and some local car shows. This car is very reliable. and there isn't much else to do to it. If your looking for a fun car to get around town. great on gas and needs little TLC. this is going to be a great buy.
Here are some highlights of work done to the car:
Engine / Gearbox-1500cc had a complete engine rebuild then the car and drive-train was put in storage for 20 years until 2 years ago when the restoration began. Less than 3000 miles on rebuilt engine. Starts every time event when very cold!
-Engine pressures are perfect and even in a hot parade the temp gauge never gets above half way point.
· New clutch and slave hydraulics
· New break job (disks front / drums rear)
· Entirely new cooling system -- Radiator. thermostat. fan clutch. water pump
· New fuel tank. fuel pump and sender
Interior and Electrical
· Electrical has been sorted and working properly (back up lights still need switch on trans)
· Original radio has been rebuilt and functions properly w/new speakers
· New battery
· New bulbs. switches and components
· New Carpet
· New seat foam bottoms. Seat bottoms could be replaced eventually. Photos show some wear and tear.
· New truck carpet and spare tire
· New window weather stripping / visors and other small parts
· Brand new top. professionally installed by a renowned car interior company in Pasadena. CA (over $300 for installation alone) See pics
· New paint
· New tires (spare included)
· New chrome wheel bezels
· Comes with car cover & original tonneau cover
There is very little left to do to this car. I just installed a new gas sender and it just stopped reading. A simple wire disconnect I'm sure plus the back up lights need a new switch. Other than that. there really isn't anything to do with the car but enjoy it with the top down this summer!
Please feel free to email me any questions you may have. Car is located in Alhambra. CA (Los Angeles area). I can work with your carrier should you choose to have it shipped.
Thank you for looking!
CA REGISTRATION TAGS PAID THROUGH AUGUST 2014. Thanks for the questions and interest.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $6,153.531959 MGA COUPE
price: $3,999.001958 MG Other
price: $7,500.001974 MG MGB
price: $14,500.001977 MG MGB
|1979 MG Midget||4||$14,995.00|
|1953 MG TD||4||$31,995.00|
|1974 MG MGB||4||$10,995.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||3||$23,500.00|
|1977 MG Midget||12||$4,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1959 MG MGA||12||$US $18,500.00|
|1962 MG Midget||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series --||12||$35,995.00|
|1974 MG Midget||21||$US $4,000.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$21,750.00|
|1951 MG T-Series --||21||$US $5,050.00|
|1974 MG MGB||12||$US $6,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||14||$US $1,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB MGB, MG, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, Porche, Roster, Other,||21||$US $305.00|
|1980 MG MGB||12||$US $2,650.00|
|1979 MG MGB||13||$US $1,000.00|
|1978 MG MGB||6||$3,500.00|
|1972 MG MGB||12||$US $6,700.00|