1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 - Frame-up Restoration
Sale price: $87,500.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||Metallic Golden Beige|
|Engine:||2.9 L in-line 6|
|Transmission:||4 speed with overdrive on 3 & 4|
|Trim:||MK III Phase II|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 - Frame-up Restoration for sale
1967 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III (BJ8) -Ready to Sell. make me an offer!
Often called a “BJ8”. this final “phase-2” version of the “Big Healey” offered:
· 2912 cc OHV in-line 6 cyl. Engine
· 2 – 2'' SU Carburetors
· 4 speed with OD on 3rd & 4th gear
· Roll-up windows
· New De Luxe cockpit with walnut fascia and fold-down luggage panel
· 0-60 mph in 9. 8 seconds
· 122 mph top speed
In 1967 British Motor Corporation commemorated the last production year of this wonderful car with the introduction of a new color. “Metallic Golden Beige”. This car (H-BJ8L/41209) is one of the original 553 “Metallic Golden Beige” Big Healeys produced in 1967. Research shows that there maybe only 219 of these limited edition cars remaining in existence.
When I purchased my “driver” British Racing Green Austin Healey in 2001 I didn't immediately realize its underlying “Golden” color as being significant. After doing some research I found out this was a rare and valuable Healey and deserved a worthy restoration.
I realize a “Concours” level restoration might not be for everyone. A well-done Healey with a 5-speed transmission or air conditioning or FM radio and CD player is great but I decided on the challenge of restoring this special Healey back to exact factory specifications.
Six years later. after 100's of hours of research. sweat and tears the car was ready. In 2007 it earned an Austin-Healey Concours Registry Gold level certification at the Austin Healey Club of America International Conclave in Burlington. VT. In 2014. after a little “sprucing-up” an even higher point Gold certification was achieved at the annual Austin-Healey Conclave at the Homestead in Hot Springs. Virginia.
Due to health reasons. I now reluctantly offer my “pride and joy” for sale. With the help of my local shop. "British Auto Restorations". I restored this car from 2001-2007 to exact Concours specifications. Every detail was addressed down to re-plating the original nuts and bolts to researching and matching the original Metallic Golden Beige color. National and international restorers have even copied my color formulation.
This BJ8 was restored to exactly how it arrived from the factory in April. 1967. It is set-up to be shown in a “Concours ‘d Elegance”. with 60 spoke painted wire wheels and original oil filter or more conventionally with the included chrome wires and spin-on filter. The car shows just like it was restored in 2007 with only 3. 00 miles driven.
I have over 1200 restoration photos and full documentation of the restoration. I know every detail about this car so please feel free to e-mail or call with any questions that you may have. This is a premier offering and highly collectable car and is ready to be driven anywhere or be shown with pride.· Rare. original “Metallic Golden Beige” Car (553 Produced)
· Austin-Healey Heritage Certificate
· Two- time AHC Registry “Gold Level Concours d'Elegance” Certification (2007 & 2014)
· Documented and complete frame-up restoration in 2007 (3. 00 miles since restoration)
· Multiple “Best-in- Show” and “First- in- Class” winner
· Hilton Head Concours ‘d Elegance First-in-Class winner
· Correct (rare) Shelly LJ225-CA311 Jack
· Lucas “Tar Top” AGM Battery
· Correct tools and Simmons hammer
· 5 - 60 spoke painted wires and 4 – 60 spoke chrome wire
· Lots of extras and spares left over from the restorationThis vehicle is offered for sale locally and I reserve the right to end the auction at any time. As the Buyer. you are encouraged to do a Pre-Purchase Inspection. This vehicle is being sold "as is". where is without any implied warranty. A $1000 deposit is due via Pay Pal within 48 hours of Auction end. Balance is due within 10 days by certified funds only. defined as bank wire. cash in person or cashiers check. In the event the Pre-Purchase Inspection yields that seller has materially misrepresented the vehicle. the deposit is refundable within the 10 day inspection period.
$87. 00 OBO
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Austin-Healey cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $35,995.001962 Austin Healey Sebring --
price: $44,995.001962 Austin Healey 3000 N/A
price: $US $25,100.001966 Austin Healey 3000
price: $US $13,000.001959 Austin Healey Sprite
|1963 Austin Healey 3000 Mark III Replica||4||$31,995.00|
|1964 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII BJ8 --||12||$79,900.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000||21||$94,900.00|
|1966 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8||12||$15,750.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Sprite||12||$26,000.00|
|1968 Austin Healey Sprite||21||$US $500.00|
|1962 Austin Healey Other||16||$US $9,999.00|
|1957 Austin Healey Other||10||$45,000.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000 --||10||$79,900.00|
|1972 Austin Healey Sprite rally prepared||18||$US $18,100.00|
|1959 Austin Healey Bug Eye Sprite MK I --||21||$US $7,500.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000||21||$US $40,100.00|
|1957 Austin Healey 100-6 Roadster||21||$US $5,500.00|
|1962 Austin Healey Other||5||$18,500.00|
|Austin Healey: 3000 Leather||21||$C $135,000.00|
|1960 Austin Healey Other||9||$US $830.00|
|1955 Austin Healey 100 BN1 "LE MANS"||21||$89,995.00|
|1967 Austin Healey 3000 3000, BJ8||14||$US $79,775.00|
|1968 Austin Healey Sprite||12||$US $6,600.00|
|1962 Austin Healey 3000||21||$38,500.00|