1974 Triumph TR6 with overdrive
Sale price: $15,183.00 make an offer
Last update: 29.09.2013
Price trends for this listing:
Car location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United StatesSale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||Indigo metallic blue|
|Engine:||2498cc 6 cylinder|
|Transmission:||manual with electronic overdrive|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1974 Triumph TR6 with overdrive for sale
Current customer rating: (202 votes) based on
I've owned the car for about a year and a half and have done the following:
- New gas tank. sender float. and sender gasket
- New 3 point inertia reel seatbelts
- New fuel filter
- Full carb rebuild and tuning of both ZS175CD carbs
- Transmission oil change (Brad Penn GL4). new magnetic drain plug. new filler plug
- New urethane sway bar bushings. new urethane sway bar link arm bushings
- Rebuilt rear shocks (Armstrong lever arm shocks) rebuilt to better than new spec from Worldwide Auto Parts
- New urethane rear shock link arm bushings
- Diff mounting pins re-welded and boxed in
- New urethane diff mount bushings
- Diff drain plug installed (stock TR6 doesn't have one). diff oil change (Brad Penn GL4)
- New rotor. cap. plugs (Champion RN12YC). and coil (Pertronix)
- New window regulators in both doors
- Installed vent screen in fresh air intake vent
- New Hardy Spicer rear axle U-joints. sliding splines in rear axles greased
- New breather hoses and clamps
- New "OE Green style" radiator hoses. cooling system flush. new 50/50 Zyrex/distilled water coolant. new radiator cap. new 185 degree thermostat. new thermostat gasket
- New air filters
- Valves adjusted to . 010". new valve cover gasket
- Set timing
- All four tires balanced
- New high performance manifold gasket
- Rebuilt clutch master cylinder
- New aluminum steering rack mounts
- Oil and filter change every 1500 miles with Castrol GTX 20w50 and K&N HP2009 filter
- Compression test on 9/14/13. Engine was fully warmed up and throttle was open for the test. The car has a little over 85. 00 miles.
one:110. two:120. three:115. four:120. five:118. six:120
- The convertible top has always been put down correctly as specified in the owner's manual
I have receipts for ALL of the work I have done.
Prior to my owning the car. the previous owner did the following work. which happened within the ~5 years prior to my ownership:
- Painted the car Lexus 8P4 indigo metallic blue
- New Coker redline tires
- New brake master cylinder. brake system flush with DOT5. new pads and shoes
- Spin on oil filter conversion
- Top end rebuild (requires premuim 91-93 octane gasoline. no lead additives required)
I do not have receipts for the previous owner's work.
100+ photos of the car (exterior. interior. engine bay. and underside) can be seen here:
Photobucket Album: Triumph TR6
Pics of the carb rebuild I did can be seen here:
Photobucket album: ZS175CD rebuild
What doesn't work:
- The original British Leyland AM/FM radio was not hooked up when I bought the car. I'm not a fan of radios in convertibles. so I never tried to hook it up so I don't know if it actually works or not.
- The windshield wipers. All the components are there. but the previous owner told me the wiper motor was bad. I don't drive the car in the rain. so it was never something that was on my to do list to fix.
- The interior light switch below the radio is not wired in. It was like that when I bought the car. The interior lights do work. however. when you open the door with the key in the ignition.
- The dimmer for the gauge backlighting is not wired in. The gauge backlighting is simply on full brightness. I don't drive the car much at night. and when I did it never bothered me. so I never wired it back in.
- One small (approx 5mm) chip in paint on passenger side front fender
- Small nic in the bottom corner of the windshield on passenger side
- Small inch long separation in the bottom corners of the seam of the backrest seat covers
- A couple snaps missing for the top boot
- A couple screws that hold the rear interior panel are missing
Included with the car:
- original owner's manual
- original scissor jack and wheel lug wrench
- glovebox sized brown Triumph TR6 shop manual
- Hanes TR6 shop manual
- a couple extra Hardy Spicer GUJ116 U-joints
- a set of Goodparts Nylatron trailing arm bushings (check out goodparts. com)
- custom fit weather proof car cover
- extra airbox-to-carb gaskets
- a pair of carb-to-manifold spacers
- a bunch of overdrive and diff gaskets
- square Triumph drain/filler plug wrench
- ZS carb mixture adjustment tool
- the box of emissions equipment that the previous owner removed from the car (I haven't inventoried what's in the box. so whatever's in there is what you get)
- spare oil seals for the diff (pinion and axles)
- spare rear transmission oil seal
- various other spares. etc
If you have any questions about the car. please don't hesitate to ask!I have a clear North Carolina title for the car. in my name. ready to sign over to a buyer.
I do drive this car several times a week when the weather's nice. so the mileage will likely increase against what's listed here.
The car is also for sale locally. so I reserve the right to end this listing at any time.
I would be VERY interested in a straight up trade for a JPS. Vintage Speedster. or Intermeccanica 356 replica. I would also potentially be interested in a trade for a very excellent condition '69 or earlier Karmann Ghia. I'm really only interested in a black. silver. or dark grey 356 replica or Ghia. preferably dual carb and 1600cc or larger. Definitely NOT INTERESTED in any car that's painted red. no matter the engine/carb specs.
Buyer is responsible for making shipping arrangements. if necessary.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Larry Peck, dated 26 november 2013
I am interested in this car. This is my second attempt to contact you. I am located near Knoxville TN. Please E-mail me if the car is still foe sale. Thanks.
from Larry Peck, dated 25 november 2013
Beautiful car! What's the stort with the engine compartment? Thjere seems to be a blower where the battery usually sits.
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $14,937.001968 Triumph TR 250
price: £6,800.001975 TRIUMPH STAG AUTO WHITE, READY TO ENJOY, LOVELY CONDITION
price: £3,350.001973 Mk3 GT6, with overdrive.
price: $3,400.001973 Triumph Spitfire
|Triumph: Spitfire MARK IV | eBay||12||$5,250.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6 | eBay||21||$5,900.00|
|Triumph: Spitfire MARK IV||12||$C $20.50|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500||4||$14,995.00|
|1976 Triumph TR-6 N/A||12||$33,995.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||4||$24,995.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||4||$24,995.00|
|1973 Triumph TR 6 N/A||12||$19,595.00|
|1959 Triumph TR3||12||$US $6,600.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||10||$5,000.00|
|1970 Triumph Spitfire Spitfire||9||$6,800.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||12||$US $510.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||5||$4,000.00|
|1959 Triumph TR3||11||$26,500.00|
|1972 Triumph Spitfire Spit Six||21||$US $1,000.00|
|1960 Triumph TR3 Convertible||4||$24,900.00|
|1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500||21||$US $4,500.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6 Great driver! NO RUST! Previously owned by an airc||12||$US $8,000.00|
|1973 Triumph Other||12||$US $5,200.00|
|1971 Triumph TR-6||21||$US $6,500.00|