1966 NSU Wankel --
Sale price: $US $10,600.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||498 Single Rotor Wankel|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1966 NSU Wankel -- for sale
This is a 1966 NSU Wankel Spider Convertible 2 Door with a 498 cc Single Rotor Wankel engine and 4-speed all-synchromesh manual transmission. The NSU Spider is an automobile which was produced by NSU Motorenwerke AG from 1964 to 1967. This was the first production car in the world to be powered by the Wankel rotary engine. This car what thought to be unremarkable. It is a milestone car.
It first appeared in 1964 at the Frankfurt Motor Show it is very distinguishable by the grill at the front. The engine is rear mounted and to keep weight distribution even. The radiator and fuel tank are located in the front. These cars were either painted red or white. Only 2. 75 were built in the three years of production.
Today less than 400 are known to exist. This car hails from southern California and has been stored inside for over 30 years. It is in time-capsule condition underneath with absolutely no visible rust throughout. The car is in incredible. original condition throughout and appears completely original. It features only 39. 48 miles from new. It needs a complete restoration. and hasn't been started for eons but parts are accessible. NSU license and brand was purchased by VW back in the 70's. so there are parts support available through several clubs and specialty vendors.
This micro car is in amazing condition and deserves to be with a museum or collection. A few parts as depicted by the photos are missing such as a tachometer. tail light lens. and a radio. Most were used on other cars we believe. so they should be somewhat accessible.
Please call with questions. Vehicle Photos: Vehicle Warranty:
This vehicle is being sold as is. where is with no warranty. expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description. authenticity. genuineness. or defects herein. and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness. imperfection. defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle. and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.Terms and Conditions: Payment Options We accept the following payment methods:
- Cashier's Check/money order
- Cash (in person)
Vehicle Pickup & Shipping All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility. General Terms
Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC.
Tel: (206) 467-6531
"We covet the rare and unusual. br /> whether pedigreed or proletarian. "
Thanks for your interest. In fairness to all Bidders. reserves are held in confidence until after the end of the auction. We are more than happy to help make the appropriate shipping arrangements and help arrange financing. Buyer will be responsible for his own Licensing Requirements in state of residence. Washington State retail buyers will pay required 8. 7% sales tax. title transfer. and registration fees. Buyer can inspect vehicle at our premises on weekdays. so send your representative early to be sure you don't miss this one. Seller reserves the right to cancel your bid if you have any negative feedback. DEALERS ARE WELCOME TO BID! Please call Seller with all of your questions prior to bidding at 206-467-6531! We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction early. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation. Winning Bidder must confirm his winning bid with a minimum non-refundable deposit of a $1. 00 or 10% of sales price. whichever is greater. within 48 hours of Winning Bid. Balance of Purchase Price is due to Seller within 5 days of Winning Bid.
Terms of Sale
1. Please be sure to have all monies (loans or financing approved or in place) before making your final bid. We appreciate your business and want to handle the transaction as smoothly and expeditiously as possible.
2. We accept Certified & Cashier's Checks and Bank transfers in US Dollars only.
3. The deposit is due within 48 hours of end of auction.
4. The balance is due within 5 days of auction closure. If the deposit is not received within 48 hours of the close of auction or if the balance is not paid in full within 5 days following the close of auction. we reserve the right to re-list the vehicle or to sell it to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer. This does not allow you to cancel your contract. and you are still liable for damages if you breach.
5. Our goal is to continue providing quality vehicles. It is important to keep in mind that the vehicles we list are pre-owned. and it is very difficult to describe every small mark on them. As a consequence there may be additional minor wear on the vehicle that is typical of the age. such as minor superficial hairline scratches. small nicks and minor abrasions that are not indicated in this description. These factors will not detract from the overall appearance and value of the vehicle. Minor items such as cigarette lighters. manuals and CD magazines may also be missing.
6. To the best of our knowledge we have indicated any mechanical problems that are present in the description above. However. we are selling the vehicle "as is". without warranty other than any existing factory warranty that may still remain. Please inquire for details. Unless the vehicle has a remaining factory warranty. all sales are "AS-IS" with no warranty stated or implied.
7. eBay may offer some type of warranty. If so. that warranty is separate and independent of Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC.
8. Buyer pays all shipping charges. We ship locally and internationally and will be happy to assist you if you need help finding a shipping company. There are quite a number of vehicle shippers online. Feel free to contact any number of them to get the best rate and service.
9. All bidders understand and agree to the following:
We reserve the right to notify
bidders and cancel this auction.
We reserve the right to cancel bids
from those with excessive negative feedback.
We shall not be held liable for any
10. The State of Washington shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes. Venue shall be exclusively in King County. The final contract signed between both buyer and seller shall be binding. The final signed contract and terms thereof shall govern the sale. All disputes arising out of or relating to this auction. any negotiations. the Signed agreement. nbsp;or to the breach. enforcement or interpretation thereof. shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Washington. in accordance with the terms contained in the final sale agreement and under the laws of the state ofWashington.
Notice to Bidders
1. No bid retractions in the last 24 hours of auction please. If there are bid retractions in the last 24 hours. we may cancel all bids. end the auction early and re-list this vehicle to protect the integrity of the auction process.
2. Remember your obligation as a bidder and eBay Community Member. Don't Bid unless you have the ability and you intend to purchase the vehicle. Bidders must have cash or available financing before bidding on our vehicles.
3. Remember that you are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the above-described vehicle from Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC. This is our business and we take it very seriously. Therefore. we reserve the right to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone that intentionally interferes with our auctions or our ability to effectively sell our vehicles.
4. Buyers of automobiles will be charged a $100. 00 documentation processing fee.
5. We respect all of our customers - locally and now nationally and internationally here on eBay. We are happy to make all of our vehicles available for all qualified bidders that are registered in the eBay Community.
6. All items are for sale locally. and we reserve the right to end the auction early in the event the item sells.
Parts of the car descriptions may have come from Wikipedia
Taxes and Fees: Out of state buyers are not charged tax. title. or license but are responsible for the documentation fee. The customer is responsible for registering the vehicle in their home state. You will receive 30-day in-transit tags.☎ Call or text "24970" to 206-317-7731 for more information
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic NSU cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $586.001957 Other Makes Prima 150
price: $27,578.00NSU Prinz 1000 L
price: $8,000.001953 Other Makes NSU
price: $10,000.001972 NSU Prinz 4L
|1967 NSU Wankel --||21||$US $10,000.00|
|1966 NSU||21||$US $2,026.00|
|1965 WANKEL SPIDER G80 RARE 1965 NSU SPIDER||21||$US $15,000.00|
|1979 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Convertible||21||$US $4,674.00|
|1967 NSU Wankel Spider --||21||$US $16,000.00|
|1958 NSU G80||21||$7,900.00|
|1958 NSU G80||12||$US $4,550.00|
|1976 NSU||5||$US $3,550.00|
|1942 Other Makes NSU Quick 98||21||$US $1,725.00|
|1962 Greeves||9||$US $1,400.00|
|1954 Other Makes||8||$US $2,400.00|
|1951 Other Makes||9||$US $2,500.00|
|1952 Other Makes NSU QUICK||1||$3,399.99|
|1966 NSU Wankel --||17||$US $10,600.00|
|1952 Other Makes NSU QUICK||1||$3,799.99|
|1954 Honda Other Classic Motorcycle||1||$US $3,450.00|
|1954 American Classic Motors Max Standard Classic Motorcycle||1||$9,995.00|
|1954 American Classic Motors Super Max Classic Motorcycle||1||$8,995.00|
|1955 Other Makes Imperator||15||$US $705.16|
|1953 Other Makes NSU||15||$8,000.00|