Triumph TR4A with Mustang 289 V8 engine and trans may exchange px why
Sale price: £2,501.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Triumph TR4A with Mustang 289 V8 engine and trans may exchange px why for sale
This is an awesome 1968 Triumph TR4a.
For sale for my friend from germany. He bought it 2010 in San Fransisco and shipped it to gemany. All the duties were payed and he have the us-title and all paperwork in his hand.
The car have no MOT or german TÜV and was driven just for fun with german red licence plates.
The body mods (along with the engine replacement) are an older customization and the heat of the engine has slowly begun to deteriorate the body filler used in the hood scoop relocation. Visible filler cracks can be seen around the filled area and around the scoop itself through the paint. There is a small dent on the driver's fender just ahead of the wheel well. Minor body nicks and scrapes as expected in a vehicle of this age. Driver's window regulator needs some attention.
The vehicle has been highly modified from stock condition by a previous owner in the 70th. Most people love it. but some Triumph purists think it looks like the Bride of Frankenstein. or "something Eddie Munster would drive. " Hehe. I love it.
It is VERY unique. to say the least. and gets LOTS of attention.
This vehicle is truly a "one-of a-kind. "
1. Original inline 4-cyl engine and 4-spd transmission were replaced with a Ford Mustang 289 V8. 4-bbl carb and automatic transmission from 1965. It flies. it screams. He also recently replaced the original distributor and coil with a HEI coil-less electronic ignition distributor.
2. Original brake master cylinder was replaced with a Mustang cylinder and wide pedal since the clutch pedal was removed. Recently had new wheel cylinders installed.
3. Dual exhaust. Sounds great. very "throaty. "
4. Because the radiator is stock and the 289 is a big engine for such a small radiator. I added an electric fan in front of the radiator (configured as a "pusher") to keep the engine cool while sitting in traffic (not working at time. needs a new cable). The stock pulley fan is still in place and does a great job of cooling the engine while on the open road. The vehicle just needed a cooling boost while sitting in traffic. The electric fan keeps the engine at a very nice 180-190 degrees.
5. Transmission oil cooler mounted just behind the front grill.
6. Everything else is pretty much stock. All exterior lights and turn signals work as expected. Interior lights. horn. wipers. etc work as expected. Battery has been relocated to the trunk.
7. ISSUES- Brake pads/shoes are starting to wear. will need a brake job soon. The 289 is a lot of engine for stock brakes. However. aside from the brakes. the vehicle runs like a champ and is very fast. OEM trunk spare tire is flat and there is no jack. Front/rear tires are mismatched.
1. Wide fiberglass fender flares and front air dam.
2. Original hood scoop was relocated to the center since the original engine (with carbs that stuck up into the recess) was removed.
3. "Continental kit" was removed from the trunk. Now it is matt black and needs some tlc.
4. Permanently-attached landau vinyl hardtop with oval rear window is in EXCELLENT condition.
5. Custom heavy-gauge chromed steel bumpers with built-in turn signals.
6. Custom grill with filled front end.
7. Custom rear side-marker lights (in old bumper side bracket location).
8. ISSUES- I recommend a full body/paint restoration due to the following:
1. Plush body-matched velour and black vinyl backed seats from a Mustang.
2. Body-matched velour door panels and headliner.
3. New thick black carpet kit.
4. Wood-faced Grant GT racing steering wheel
5. Custom dash panel with extra gauges.
6. Cassette radio has been removed.
7. Bright interior lights and map light.
8. ISSUES- Mis-matched dash gauges. dash panel needs restoration. no glove-box liner. Small sun-crack on dash cap.
Overall. the vehicle is AWESOME. even with the minor issues it has.
Playing on the whole "Bride of Frankenstein" theme. I think this vehicle would look KILLER with a satin-black paint job (and professionally-dyed top). with deep-dish chrome wire rims and wide white-wall tires. I thought about installing landau bars with opera lights on the side of the vinyl top and making it look like a mini-hearse. Go gothic!
My friend likes old VW busses like bay or split. Gipsy. also Daimler DS 420. Limousines. wedding cars. Convertibles. American vehicles and lhd cars. May he will make an part exchange p/ why. He is free for offers.
On youtube you can see a film of the TR4A:
There you can see his phone-number and email-adress. where you can contact him directly.
More pics available. please ask.
Daimler DS Pickup Hotrod hot rod Chevrolet Bulli Bully Doka Pritsche Hochzeitsfahrten Atlantic California Kalifornia Gipsy Gibsy Joker Clubjoker T1 T2 T3 T4 Triumph MG Austin Healey SL Mercedes Dodge Cadillac Lincoln Stretchlimousine Stretchlimo Limo Limousine Cabriolet Cabrio Oldtimer Larp Gothic Panelvan Lieferwagen Delivery Samba Leichenwagen Bestatter Chrysler Prowler Chevy Plymouth Excalibur Exkalibur Oldi Tausch Tauschen LHD RHD Transporter Caravelle Multivan T5 Sven Heddin James Cook LT Wohnmobil Wohnwagen Inzahlungnahme Inzahlung nahme gegen
Viewing is welcome. He lives near Frankfurt/Main in Germany. Cheep flights available with ryanair to Frankfurt/Hahn. Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden. etc. He can pick you up.
In may he can deliver the Triumph for free (if a deposit of 50% is payed on bank account or paypal) and if the reserve is met - to the uk port of dover. maybe to my home in coventry.
Good luck and please message me or him (Uwe) with any questions.
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from john, dated 05 june 2017
is this car still for sale please
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $1,500.00Triumph : Other 4 DOOR
price: $25,995.001975 Triumph TR-6
price: $15,000.001975 Triumph TR-6
price: $3,500.001980 Triumph TR7, 72,000 miles, 5-speed, good condition
|1959 Triumph TR3||4||$35,995.00|
|1972 Triumph Spitfire||4||$11,995.00|
|1963 Triumph TR4||4||$14,995.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||4||$12,995.00|
|1961 Triumph TR3||21||$31,950.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||21||$18,900.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire --||21||$8,950.00|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire||10||$4,800.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||5||$18,000.00|
|1979 Triumph Other TR7||16||$11,000.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6 TR-6||1||$8,900.00|
|1971 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $5,000.00|
|1968 Triumph TR 250 TR 250||9||$US $38,350.00|
|1973 Triumph Other||15||$US $1,800.00|
|1976 Triumph TR 7||7||$US $500.00|
|1970 Triumph TR-6||13||$US $6,500.00|
|1976 Triumph TR-6||18||$US $3,500.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $6,900.00|
|1969 Triumph TR-6 --||21||$US $202.50|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||16||$US $4,300.00|