1967 Maserati Mistral --
Sale price: $US $62,600.00 make an offer
Last update: 24.02.2017
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1967 Maserati Mistral -- for sale
Vin # 109A11208
Maserati's replacement for the 3500GT was first shown in Torino in 1963 and went into production a year later as the Mistral. thus beginning Maserati's tradition of naming their cars after winds. This beautifully proportioned Frua-designed two-seat coupe was on a box section tube frame and would be the last Maserati to use the fabled DOHC twin-plug straight-six engine that had its origins in GP racing.
Initially the car was shown with a 3. 5-liter version of DOHC motor. however this quickly gave way to a 3. 7-liter unit with 245 hp and a 4. 0-liter version with 255 hp in 1966. all of which used Lucas fuel injection and bolted to a five-speed ZF transmission. The 4. 0-liter cars were good for sub-7-second 0-60 times and top speeds in excess of 140 mph. with four-wheel disc brakes. independent front suspension. and Maserati's typical Salisbury rear axle insuring that the car was up to the task. Subtle bodywork changes came in 1966 at roughly the same time as the introduction of the 4. 0-liter motor. and later cars had alloy wheels in place of the original's Borrani wires.
From 1964 to 1970. Maserati built 830 Mistral coupes and 125 Mistral Spyders. with the Spyder typically equipped with a removable hard top in addition to its soft convertible top. Today. the Maserati Mistral is often regarded as Frua's prettiest design. and model is recognized as a top performer of the era. Intermittent Lucas injection problems were common on 3. 5- and 3. 7-liter cars. but this issue was largely nonexistent in the 4. 0-liter examples.
This 1967 Maserati Mistral 4000 features the most desirable 4. 0 litre motor. It has been parked in Kitsap County. Washington since 1978. The former owner purchased it in 1969. The motor was dismantled in 1978. The original motor appears complete and will come with car. The motor was torn apart and needs to be rebuilt. It features factory Lucas fuel injection. The motor is in a crate and not on site but photos are available.
The car is in incredible time capsule condition it has multiple paint flaws but the interior is exceptional and 100% original. The doors open and close like new. This car could still be easily made a “preservation” class car though will need some minor area painting. Presented in its original “argento” exterior with the phenomenol oxblood leather interior (my assistant calls it northern burgundy) so let's just say “Romanee-conti” interior. This regal car is deserving a comprehensive but sympathetic restoration and will be resplendant when completed. It is comes from the estate and will be sold no reserve. A certified Maserati Ferrari mechanic has inspected it and found the dismantled motor to be largely complete but we cannot guarantee that it is 100% absolutely complete. We can send some photos upon request.
One of these sold recently in very similar condition but with the inoperable motor intact. It featured the smaller motor and sold for $133. 00. 00 approximately. It had also not run in decades. Vehicle Photos: Vehicle Warranty:
This vehicle is being sold as is. where is with no warranty. expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description. authenticity. genuineness. or defects herein. and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness. imperfection. defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle. and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.Terms and Conditions: Payment Options We accept the following payment methods:
- Cashier's Check/money order
- Cash (in person)
Vehicle Pickup & Shipping All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility. General Terms
Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC.
Tel: (206) 467-6531
"We covet the rare and unusual. br /> whether pedigreed or proletarian. "
Thanks for your interest. In fairness to all Bidders. reserves are held in confidence until after the end of the auction. We are more than happy to help make the appropriate shipping arrangements and help arrange financing. Buyer will be responsible for his own Licensing Requirements in state of residence. Washington State retail buyers will pay required 8. 7% sales tax. title transfer. and registration fees. Buyer can inspect vehicle at our premises on weekdays. so send your representative early to be sure you don't miss this one. Seller reserves the right to cancel your bid if you have any negative feedback. DEALERS ARE WELCOME TO BID! Please call Seller with all of your questions prior to bidding at 206-467-6531! We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction early. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation. Winning Bidder must confirm his winning bid with a minimum non-refundable deposit of a $1. 00 or 10% of sales price. whichever is greater. within 48 hours of Winning Bid. Balance of Purchase Price is due to Seller within 5 days of Winning Bid.
Terms of Sale
1. Please be sure to have all monies (loans or financing approved or in place) before making your final bid. We appreciate your business and want to handle the transaction as smoothly and expeditiously as possible.
2. We accept Certified & Cashier's Checks and Bank transfers in US Dollars only.
3. The deposit is due within 48 hours of end of auction.
4. The balance is due within 5 days of auction closure. If the deposit is not received within 48 hours of the close of auction or if the balance is not paid in full within 5 days following the close of auction. we reserve the right to re-list the vehicle or to sell it to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer. This does not allow you to cancel your contract. and you are still liable for damages if you breach.
5. Our goal is to continue providing quality vehicles. It is important to keep in mind that the vehicles we list are pre-owned. and it is very difficult to describe every small mark on them. As a consequence there may be additional minor wear on the vehicle that is typical of the age. such as minor superficial hairline scratches. small nicks and minor abrasions that are not indicated in this description. These factors will not detract from the overall appearance and value of the vehicle. Minor items such as cigarette lighters. manuals and CD magazines may also be missing.
6. To the best of our knowledge we have indicated any mechanical problems that are present in the description above. However. we are selling the vehicle "as is". without warranty other than any existing factory warranty that may still remain. Please inquire for details. Unless the vehicle has a remaining factory warranty. all sales are "AS-IS" with no warranty stated or implied.
7. eBay may offer some type of warranty. If so. that warranty is separate and independent of Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC.
8. Buyer pays all shipping charges. We ship locally and internationally and will be happy to assist you if you need help finding a shipping company. There are quite a number of vehicle shippers online. Feel free to contact any number of them to get the best rate and service.
9. All bidders understand and agree to the following:
We reserve the right to notify
bidders and cancel this auction.
We reserve the right to cancel bids
from those with excessive negative feedback.
We shall not be held liable for any
10. The State of Washington shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes. Venue shall be exclusively in King County. The final contract signed between both buyer and seller shall be binding. The final signed contract and terms thereof shall govern the sale. All disputes arising out of or relating to this auction. any negotiations. the Signed agreement. nbsp;or to the breach. enforcement or interpretation thereof. shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Washington. in accordance with the terms contained in the final sale agreement and under the laws of the state ofWashington.
Notice to Bidders
1. No bid retractions in the last 24 hours of auction please. If there are bid retractions in the last 24 hours. we may cancel all bids. end the auction early and re-list this vehicle to protect the integrity of the auction process.
2. Remember your obligation as a bidder and eBay Community Member. Don't Bid unless you have the ability and you intend to purchase the vehicle. Bidders must have cash or available financing before bidding on our vehicles.
3. Remember that you are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the above-described vehicle from Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC. This is our business and we take it very seriously. Therefore. we reserve the right to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone that intentionally interferes with our auctions or our ability to effectively sell our vehicles.
4. Buyers of automobiles will be charged a $100. 00 documentation processing fee.
5. We respect all of our customers - locally and now nationally and internationally here on eBay. We are happy to make all of our vehicles available for all qualified bidders that are registered in the eBay Community.
6. All items are for sale locally. and we reserve the right to end the auction early in the event the item sells.
Parts of the car descriptions may have come from Wikipedia
Taxes and Fees: Out of state buyers are not charged tax. title. or license but are responsible for the documentation fee. The customer is responsible for registering the vehicle in their home state. You will receive 30-day in-transit tags.☎ Call or text "42010" to 206-317-7731 for more information
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Maserati cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $500.001989 Chrysler Other
price: $0.001982 Maserati Quattroporte *** NO RESERVE ***
price: $91,230.00Maserati Monofaro recreation
price: $3,000.001984 Maserati Biturbo
|1982 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition||21||$25,995.00|
|1972 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic||18||$3,900.00|
|1988 Ferrari 328gts 328||21||$US $5,000.00|
|Maserati: Quattroporte Quattroporte 3||1||$C $17,000.00|
|1989 MASERATTI SPYDER --||12||$US $3,258.00|
|1973 Maserati Other||1||$165,000.00|
|1989 Chrysler CONVERTIBLE||10||$US $795.00|
|1974 Maserati Other||12||$39,500.00|
|1984 Maserati bturbo||9||$US $1,499.00|
|Maserati: Other||8||$C $12,000.00|
|1989 Chrysler TC By Maserati 2.2L Turbo 3 spd auto Good Condition||12||$5,195.00|
|1989 Chrysler Other||12||$500.00|
|1989 Chrysler maserati||21||$3,950.00|
|1966 Maserati Mistral 4.0L Coupe||1||$179,995.00|
|1972 Maserati Coupe||12||$149,900.00|
|1974 Maserati Other||12||$179,900.00|
|1977 Maserati Gran Turismo Khamsin||21||$US $90,000.00|
|1971 Maserati Ghibli||1||$267,500.00|
|1970 Maserati Indy 4200 Coupe||4||$US $160,000.00|
|1989 Maserati BITURBO 430||16||$8,900.00|