1967 Chevrolet Camaro "SS" 396c.i. 4-SPEED
Sale price: $US $10,101.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||"BIG BLOCK" CHEVROLET|
|Trim:||2 DOOR "SS"|
|Interior Color:||BLACK/ WHITE DELUXE - BUCKETS|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1967 Chevrolet Camaro "SS" 396c.i. 4-SPEED for sale
Current customer rating: (180 votes) based on
1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS
OFFERED AT NO RESERVE!
California "Born & Raised" Factory 4-Speed with
Upgraded 396+ c. i. "Big Block”
Posi-Traction. Buckets. Console. Tachometer
Strong Engine Including Build Details. Straight Body. Dry California Car!
NOTE: Our listings sometimes get rather lengthy. However. we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However. if you are not prepared to read multiple pages of description. we ask that you review the "Specifications" on the car along with viewing the photos. Also. if you'd prefer. please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Camaro and answer any questions over the telephone. including about our Buy it Now policies. Yes. the Camaro can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction. Again. please give us a call for details.
ALSO. PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR. ENGINE. UNDERCARRIAGE. ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE CAR BUT. WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO. YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THE PHOTOS. PLEASE CALL US AND WE WILL PROVIDE A LINK FOR THE PHOTOS (IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING).
All of our photos are taken in natural light and we do not "Photo-Shop” or touch-up the photos in any way. The photos accurately reflect the condition of this desirable 1967 SS Camaro.
The "madness” is underway in the various auction venues around the country. We often times see a wide range of collectible cars / special interest cars sell for inflated amounts in the "heat of the moment. ” This car is offered at a VERY realistic price and. unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment. you will have the benefit of extensive information & history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 23+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with 910~ positive eBay feedback items.
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
1967 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 396c. i. ~ - SUMMARY
Today. the market seems to be flooded with over-restored first generation Camaros that are offered at astronomical prices. This high performance big block Camaro is realistically priced and has recently received considerable mechanical attention to make it a strong driver quality car with room for improvement or complete restoration. It would be the ideal candidate for a classic muscle car to drive and enjoy while personalizing the car to your liking. adding modifications. and addressing some of the needs that exist on most Muscle cars of the era.
The Camaro has been in California for its entire life and the presence of California black & gold license plate documents this fact. The original plate carries the correct sequence of "USA902” and has been on the car since it was delivered new in 1967. Further documentation comes in the form of the California registration that indicates "Delivered in 1967” supporting the car's lifelong existence in this dry state. In the 2005 time frame. the car was stored for a few years. An enthusiast sourced the car and. at that time. invested a considerable sum to address the car's mechanical and cosmetic needs including the professional installation of a rebuilt big block Chevrolet engine that was mated to the cars factory 4-speed transmission. It is believed that posi-traction was added at that time along with a number of other repairs to the car's major mechanical components. Since that time. the car has been used as an occasional car with the current owner invested a considerable sum to address a variety of mechanical issues and bring the car into good mechanical condition.
Mechanically. the car runs very strong and has the "tree-stump pulling” torque of a powerful high displacement V8 engine. The car shifts well with good synchros. no clutch slippage and no unusual noises from the drive-line components. The car is fitted with power steering and a smaller steering wheel with a Chevrolet horn hub. The power brakes are excellent with front discs that stop the car straight and sure. The emergency brake is fully functional.
A spirited drive in the Camaro brings back memories of why the mid to late 60's were referred to as the Muscle Car era. This car is very fast and belongs in the hands of an experienced. capable driver. who appreciates its performance. While we don't have details as to when the engine was rebuilt. it performs like an engine that is relatively fresh. The car runs very well with a great exhaust note from the upgraded dual Flowmaster style system. The Camaro runs cool even in our very warm climate. does not smoke. and is free from significant oil or other fluids leaking.
This particular car will definitely appeal to the muscle car / Camaro enthusiast whose interests are more performance oriented. In the most positive sense. this car epitomizes the no frills. higher performance 60's muscle cars that were not weighted down with heavy unnecessary options like air conditioning. power windows. etc. After all. performance was the name in the 1960's and. in our humble opinion. this Camaro has just the right options (refer to The Numbers Decoded. below).
THE "NUMBERS” DECODED
The trim tag on the Camaro decodes as follows (Note: We have provided photos of the trim tag and the VIN tags on our listing but it was difficult to get a clear photograph):
VIN #: 124377L154791
1 / 2 / 4 / 3 / 7 / 7 / L / 154791
Number in VIN Significance
1 = Assigned to all Camaros (no specific meaning)
2 = Assigned to all Camaros (no specific meaning)
4 = V8 engine
3 = Coupe
7 = No significance on USA Camaros
7 = Last digit of year (1967)
L = Van Nuys (Los Angeles)
154791 Sequential build number at the manufacturing plant
TRIM TAG DETAILS
C4 = Produced in the 3rd week of
#154. 91 = 154. 91st car produced
67 = Model year (1967)
12637 = Deluxe Interior Coupe
F = Marina Blue
2L = 4-Speed manual M20 transmission
(Option cost of $184. 35)
P = Super Sport with factory L48
with 350c. i. / 295 hp 4bbl. V8
W = Tinted window
S = Telescoping antenna (Option cost
of $9. 50)
K = Exterior style trim group
including bright drip mouldings
S = Special interior bright trim
including pedal trim and other
Also fitted with Power Steering. Power Brakes. nose stripe & front disc brakes
Fitted with big block engine (reportedly Corvette) with engine pad ID as follows: T05101PP 6 (or G) 122173
HIGHLIGHTS 1967 CAMARO SS
Mechanically. the car has recently received considerable attention and has passed the required California safety inspection for lights. brakes. tires and other safety related items. As a car that was produced prior to 1967. it is exempt from California smog and most smog requirements in the majority of states. Specifically. some of the repairs that have been completed recently:
Maintenance preformed within last 200 miles:
• Carburetor tune. adjustment and service
• Remove/replace turn signal switch
• Remove/replace horns
• Install horn button connection and wiring
• Repair power wire & miscellaneous electrical connections / issues
• Remove/replace windshield washer pump and motor
Maintenance preformed within 2. 00 or fewer miles
• Remove/replace front disc brake calipers. shoes. and rotors
• Complete engine tune / service
• Remove/replace front suspension springs
• Remove rear suspension lowering blocks
• Bleed brake system
• Engine oil and filter change
• Remove/replace valve covers
• Remove / replace rear leaf spring
• Diagnose left rear brake locking up
• Install right and left door locks. truck lock and ignition lock cylinders
• Remove/replace power steering pump
• Remove/replace spark plugs
Note: Over $4000. 00 in repairs and parts (receipts included)
ENGINE / DRIVE-LINE / WHEELS & TIRES
• Upgraded to a Big Block 396 c. i. Corvette engine with documented build information (Build details below)
ENGINE BUILD DETAILS
• Part no. 103042 Energizer
• Grind no. 266 H10
• Engine Ident. 1967-UP Chevrolet V-8 396 - 454 cu. in.
• Valve setting: intake . 000 Exhaust . 0000 hot
• Intake @ Cam 2934 @Valve 499
• Exhaust @ Cam 2934 @Valve 499
• Rocker arm ratio 1. 7
• Part number 99839
• Loads: closed 9 lbs. @ 1. 875 or 1-7/8
• Open 249 lbs. @ 1. 395
• Recommended RPM range with matching components:
- Minimum RPM 1600
- Maximum RPM 4600
- Valve Float 6500
Opens Closes Max lift Duration
@ . 050- Intake 0 BTDC 30 ABDC 105 ATDC 210
Tappet - Exhaust 40 BBDC (10) BTDC 115 BTDC 210
• Factory M20 4-Speed
• Hurst linkage
• Front disc brakes
• Power steering
• Power brakes
• Posi-traction rear end
• White lettered Goodyear tires
• Dual exit exhaust system (as factory equipped)
• Highly detailed engine bay
• Very strong running / driving car
EXTERIOR PAINT / BODY / TOP
• Original blue factory produced color with complete re-spray in good condition with normal driver imperfections
• Painted black "Nose” stripe
• Rally wheels / Dunlop GT Qualifier white lettered tires
• Good GM period panel gaps / fit
• Solid undercarriage with no signs of rust through or rot
• Solid trunk with no signs of rust in typical areas surrounding rear window
• Excellent exterior trim
• Bow tie driver's & passenger side mirrors
• Beautiful California quality chrome bumpers free from rust & "patina”
• Very nice stainless. trim. emblems. etc.
• Rear spoiler
• "SS” & "396” badging
• Black contrasting front nose stripe (painted)
• Rally wheels with trim rings
• Good glass with wiper scrape on front windshield
• Functional locks including trunk
• Bucket seats with deluxe interior
• 4-Speed with console
• Center mounted gauges
• Deluxe upholstery black with white accents (front & back)
• Nice original door panels (uncut. no speakers) & rear side panels
• Upgraded steering wheel with functional horn
• Very good Carpet
• Appears to have original dash (New dash pad included to improve appearance)
• Original seat belts
• All windows operate well
LICENSE / REGISTRATION / INSPECTION
• Currently licensed & registered in California (Clear title) until 4/14/2017
• Passed recent California safety inspection (proper lights. turn signals. etc)
• No smog required in California (vehicles 1975 and older are exempt)
When the Mustang sold 100. 00 units in the first six months. and almost half a million the first year. GM took an interest. The responsibility for GM's Mustang fighter was given to the GM Design Center's Chevrolet Studio under the direction of Henry C. Haga. Interior design was directed by George Angersbach. who had been heavily involved in the design of the Corvette. Corvair. and the Chevy II. which became the Nova in 1968. It has long been a misconception that the '67 Camaro was designed from Chevy II components when actually it was the other way around. The Chevy II was to be all new for '68 and it shared many parts with the '67 Camaro. but this did lead to compromises in the design. most notably the cowl height and hood length.
One unique feature was the decision to use a front sub-frame isolated with rubber "biscuits" in combination with the unit body construction of the rest of the car. a technique that had been used on several European cars. including many Mercedes-Benz models. This combined the best of both worlds. A larger interior and more luggage space than was possible with a traditional frame and at the same time a quieter. smoother ride than a full Uni-body car delivered.
The designers did mock-ups of many different models. including a two-seat roadster. a fastback. and a station wagon. GM was trying to keep the cost as low as possible. however. to compete with the Mustang. they decided to stick with just two models. a coupe and a convertible.
The Camaro was to be offered with a wide variety of power plants. ranging from a 230 cubic inch six cylinder to a 327 V8. In addition. a new engine displacement was created just for the Camaro. a 350 cubic inch V8 rated at 295 horsepower.
As the launch date neared. the car still had no name. It had been called various names by GM and the press. including Nova. Panther. Chaparral. and Wildcat (later used by Buick). It is rumored that Chevy also considered using the letters "GM" in the name. and came up with G-Mini. which evolved into GeMini. and finally Gemini. General Motors Headquarters supposedly killed that name. because they didn't want the letters "GM" used in case the car was a failure.
Finally. the car was introduced to the press as the Camaro. considered to be a good name because nobody knew what it meant. Chevrolet claimed it was taken from an old French dictionary showing that the word meant "friend" or "companion". but CAMARO found an alternate meaning in an old Spanish dictionary - "a small. shrimp-like creature". The automotive press had a good laugh and an even bigger one when one journalist found yet another meaning…"loose bowels". It didn't take long for the laughter to stop after the introduction of the stunning 1967 Camaro. Of course. the last laugh was had by Chevrolet when the Camaro went on. in later years. to become one of the all-time classic muscle cars.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
• Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the Camaro.
• We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers. terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
• As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles. we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle). thanks in large part to the Internet!
• In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle. California buyers will be subject to sales tax. documentation fee. DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: if the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads. sales-tax. license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
• As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However. we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles. and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback. standing in the community. length of time in business. and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
• Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips. nicks. scratches. etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration. or even a relatively new. used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also. ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles. these cars require regular. ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge. patience. and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said. collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
• The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but. in some instances. has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result. we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers” and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always. we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including. but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior. exterior. top. chrome. etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance. licensing by the state. and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action. grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources. transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
• Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same. small. California town for over 17 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar". indoor showroom. and specialize in the sale. consignment. and purchase of sports. high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
• The majority of our vehicles come from local. private owners and collectors. and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars. with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally. and around the country. As a result. we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales. such as wholesale auctions. salvage sales. or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles. or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
• Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 910+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
• We are fully insured. bonded. and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
• Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50. 00 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
• We enjoy excellent relationships with a number of transport companies and. as a result. can often times obtain preferred pricing for vehicle shipping. Please give us a call and we will be glad to refer you to suitable transport companies. Needless to say. we would recommend a quality. enclosed transporter that is experience with moving high quality. collectible cars.
• We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers. and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Thank you. br />
Classic Cars Ltd.
Body Type / Style:Coupe Exterior Color:Blue Metallic Interior Color:Black Deluxe Engine:V8 Transmission: 4-Speed (Floor) Mileage:3010 Drive:Rear Doors:2
"Black Plate" California Car
California Lic & Reg
Exempt From Smog in California
Factory Seat Belts
Front Disc Brakes
Heater / Defroster
Seat Belts (Front)
Terms & Conditions
Buyers outside of California will be responsible for a $195. 00 fee for processing/administration. The charge will apply if the vehicle is purchased through ebay or before or after the auction. directly through Classic Cars Ltd.
The vehicle is listed for sale elsewhere. We reserve the right to end the auction at anytime. We will be glad to discuss details of a "pre-auction" purchase (925) 846 1451.
Inspections of vehicles are encouraged but (by appointment only) must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the auction.
Out of state buyers are responsible for the high bid and any shipping costs. California buyers are subject to the appropriate sales tax. DMV transfer. and fees associated with the purchase of any used vehicle sale in the state of California.
To avoid shipping the title with the car to our out of state buyers. we mail the title via Priority Mail.
While shipping and transportation costs (if appropriate) are the responsibility of the winning bidder. we can assist with locating a suitable transporter. We regularly ship cars all over the USA/World. and can often times locate very competitive rates for transporting vehicles door to door. to a local terminal. enclosed. open. etc. Please call us for specific information/rates to your location.
We meet some great people and fellow enthusiasts. and only rarely do we have problems with non-paying bidders. Please be certain that you are prepared to buy the car if you bid. or call us at 925-846-1451 before the end of the auction if we can answer any questions. If you have a "sunglass" rating or fewer than 10 feedback ratings on eBay. please call us before you bid so that we can discuss the bidding process. etc. If we do not hear from you. we reserve the right to delete your bid.
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Panther cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $25,000.001988 Scarab Panther 30
price: $US $1,926.001978 Ford Other 100% Rust Free Excellent Condition Low Miles
price: £6,750.001987 Panther Kallista Classic Car
price: $US $204.99New Quality Black Painted Panther M100 600cc Gas Fuel Petrol Tank 1947-1953