MGB Race Car/Rally Car/Track Car /Road legal. 12 Months MOT.
Sale price: £5,300.00 make an offer
Last update: 18.10.2016
Technical specifications, photos and description:
· Standard Engine fitted with 12H-2709 Big Valve Head which is the casting you want for further development.
· Facet high pressure fuel pump.
· Pancake filters.
· Recent new battery.
· Inline fuel filter.Transmission
· 4 Speed (standard ratio) overdrive gearbox.
· 3. 9 Diff.Brakes
· New Callipers recently fitted.
· V8 pads.
· Braided hoses.
· Competition brake fluid.Suspension
· Negative Camber bottom arms.
· 550 lbs front race springs.
· Reverse eye competition rear springs.
· Poly-bushes fitted.
· Competition 3/4 inch anti-roll bar with solid body mounts.
· Competition uprated dampers fitted all-round.Body
· Just had full re-spray in BP style Green outside and matt black inside.
· Aluminium bonnet (now £750 new from BMH).
· Fibreglass front wings.
· Fibreglass tailgate.
· Sebring rear valence.
· Special Tuning front valance.
· Lexcon (similar to Perspex but more scratch resistant) rear and side.
· Minilite style wheels with Yokohama AO48 tyres fitted.Interior
· Cobra Monaco race seats.
· Race seatbelt Harnesses.
· Toggle switches for fuel pump and ignition.
· Push button start.
· Competition Fire extinguisher system for engine compartment and interior.
· Competition Electric cut off system.
· Rear roll-cage.
This has been my race car for the last 7 years and I have used it for a couple of seasons with the MG Car club as a standard class car. Being road registered I have also used it as a great fast road and track-day MGB too.
The reason for sale is that I am building an FIA spec Roadster so the GT is surplus to requirements. Currently fitted with a standard engine and gearbox for road going/Class A but is fitted with the 2709 big valve head (the one to use in a race engine) so it is ready for further tuning and development if the new owner wishes. The car has just been sprayed in BP green (just like David Piper's Ferrari 250) so looks really fresh and almost too good to race!
This would make a great first race car as an MGB is easy to handle on track and can be maintained/tuned on a modest budget. As this is a standard class car possessing a current MOT it can be driven to and from the circuit making it ideal for the HSCC 70's Roadsports. It would also be eligible for a number of MG specific championships with little or no modifications.
I have raced and Rallied MGBs for a number of years so in conjunction with XceedMotorsport we can offer further development of the car/engine if the new owner wishes.
The car is available for viewing at Xceed Motorsport near Knutsford in Cheshire CW9 7TF.
Cash on collection
For further details or to view the car please call:
Chris Ratter: 07768 642914
Adam Entwistle: 07958025664
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $265.001955 M.G. Magnette Sedan MK2 - Barn Find
price: $9,500.00Great reliable driver - stunning looks and very clean. Strong motor and many
price: £2,850.00MG B GT Series 1 1967
price: £5,000.00MGA Coupe abandoned resoration project 1960.
|1979 MG MGB Midget||14||$US $0.99|
|1978 MG Midget Runs Drives Body Inter Good 1.5L 4 spd manual||21||$4,995.00|
|1971 MG MGB Runs Drives Body Int Good 1.8L I4 4 spd man||21||$3,999.00|
|1978 MG Midget||4||$9,995.00|
|1971 MG MGB 1.8L 4 cyl 4 spd Body Int Good Chrome Wire Wheels||21||$3,999.00|
|1960 MG MGA --||2||$35,995.00|
|1969 MG MGC||4||$21,995.00|
|1953 MG TD ROADSTER --||12||$29,988.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||4||$12,994.00|
|1977 MG MGB||4||$11,995.00|
|1977 MG MGB||4||$12,995.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$23,999.00|
|1969 MG MGB||4||$9,800.00|
|1957 MG MGA||21||$US $200.00|
|1953 MG T-Series TD||2||$14,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||12||$9,800.00|
|1975 MG MGB||9||$3,900.00|
|1952 MG T-Series Princes||16||$US $7,500.00|
|1963 MG MGB Roadster||14||$US $1,650.00|
|1980 MG MGB||13||$US $305.00|