1972 Land Rover Defender 110 Station Wagon
Sale price: $US $80,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||2.5 Liter turbo deisel 5 cylinder|
|Safety Features:||Anti-Lock Brakes|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1972 Land Rover Defender 110 Station Wagon for sale
Defender 110 Td5
40. 00 miles
This vehicle was COMPLETELY restored to new specifications in 2005. The fully modern drivetrain includes the Td5. 5-speed gearbox. new axles. 4 wheel disk brakes. galvanized frame and more. I have owned it since that total restoration.
This truck has been very well cared for by a specialist. Serious candidates can talk with the mechanic.
I take this rig on 500 mile trips without any concerns. The tires on it are loud but the ride is a lot tighter than you would expect with this suspension. You will guess from my list of improvements below that capability is paramount to me. This is not a mall crawler. I use it as intended.
What has been done
· 3” Suspension lift
· OME springs
· Wheel spacers (giving wider track and better turning radius)
· Upgraded brake rotors and pads
· Much Stiffer bushings (orange)
· Upgraded steering control components
· Steering guard plate
· LR Boost alloy wheels
· 33” Pro Comp XTerrains
· Rovers North galvy winch bumper
· Superwinch Husky series 10. 00 lb winch
· Custom rock sliders
· Front Runner roof rack
· Rack mounted Hi-lift jack
· Spare tire carrier (swing away with door)
· New back door hinges
· Billet door hinges on front four doors (purely cosmetic. but totally worth it)
· New ECU
· ECU remap to Saudi base config and some tweaks
· Work done to waste gate management in turbo
· Upgraded clutch
· ARB air lockers. front and rear
· Tachometer (seems simple but it is a valuable extra on TD5)
· Tuffy security cubby box
· Rear heat (plumbed with a booster circulator pump)
· Hitch receiver and trailer lighting (euro plug with u. s. 4 pull dongle)
· Decent sound system with Sirius satellite radio
· DVD movie player (ceiling mounted) with wireless headphone system
· Dynamat sound deadening installed throughout
Things I would still like to do
· Boost gauge
· On-board air (reserve tank)
· Second battery
· Replace front vent hinges with stainless rods
· LED headlights and marker lights
· Off-road lighting under the front of roof rack
· Synthetic winch rope
· Subwoofer. amp and tweeters
· Improve the back sliding window seals
· More billet aluminum bling (gauge bezels and shifter knobs)
· I also miss the analog clock. which I gave up for the tach
· An outdoor thermometer
· I'd consider better seats in the front and the way back
· The second row. right seatbelt is dog chewed. Needs replacement.
· The vinyl upholstery is ripping on the top seam of one of the back benches. Needs to be upholstery sewn.
· There is surface rust wherever you see it in the pictures.
· The TC and ABS lights are on all the time. This typically happened when mud got in the sensors at the disk brakes. But I stopped cleaning it and now I cannot get the lights to go out. even after replacing the sensors. Needs trouble shooting. But mechanic and I agreed that you don't really want traction control on this vehicle. The diff lockers are your traction control.
· There is a dent on the left side second door. A branch fell and left that dent in the aluminum. I have not fixed it.
· There is a small dent on the right front wing above the headlight. Hit a bird at speed.
· The tires are getting close to replacement time. I have a set of Pirelli Scorpions on slightly different alloy LR wheels that I would swap. The Pirellis are much nicer on the road. But they stink in the snow and mud.Other Stuff
This car drives 85 on the highway with no wobble whatsoever. That took some work. The torque after the remap is amazing. I have dragged many stuck Jeeps out of the mud and an Explorer with a broken axle through soft sand.
As with all Defenders. the headlights. heater fan and the wipers are absolutely pathetic.
I made this vehicle new. ten years ago. and I know what that cost. This is kitted out to my spec. I have a bunch of Land Rovers and this is my baby. I have the option of sprucing this thing up and sending it out west. But most educated buyers care less about the shininess and more about the true condition and capability. I am ready to downsize and I would rather let someone else experience the kind of enjoyment that I have had with this rig.
Price is $80. 00. And that's a pretty fair deal. You couldn't build this for less than 100. If this vehicle does sell. I will cry. If you are asking why I would sell it. the answer is simply because I can't stand watching what the east coast does to metal (and my wife doesn't want to move). I also have other Defenders that are not as nice and better fit my lifestyle.
As you might gather. this car is ridiculous. I don't have to explain the lifestyle or that everyone everywhere is constantly stopping you to ask about it. I really would prefer to sell this to someone who knows what they are getting into.
If you would be a first-time Defender owner. be very careful. This vehicle will test your marriage. It will give you more pleasure than your marriage and you'll need to moderate that. It will be in the shop at times and that will make you sad. Then you'll pick it up and it will feel like the day you got your license. Every time.
You'll pull into some parking lot and a few goof balls will ask you what year your land cruiser or range rover is. Eventually. you won't want to punch them. But that is part of it.
If you have questions about this vehicle or any of the mods. let me know. I really only want to talk with serious would-be buyers. But if the questions seem pertinent to the sale. I'll engage.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Rover cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $19,990.001999 Rover Mini Light Green and white roof and light green leather
price: $US $16,300.001974 Land Rover Defender
price: £14,500.00MG K19 MGR RARE CAR
price: £4,495.001999 classic Rover John Cooper Mini le 40 rare
|1973 Ford F-250 Ranger XLT||21||$US $510.00|
|1973 Land Rover Other||21||$35,900.00|
|1979 Toyota Land Cruiser||12||$39,995.00|
|1975 Land Rover Other||7||$15,000.00|
|1975 Land Rover Defender||21||$US $4,550.00|
|1975 Land Rover Defender 88 Series III||21||$US $5,200.00|
|1977 Land Rover Defender --||16||$14,998.00|
|1966 Land Rover Defender||15||$US $5,100.00|
|1979 Land Rover Defender||19||$29,900.00|
|1967 Land Rover Series 2A||8||$13,500.00|
|1978 Land Rover Series 3 109||12||$13,500.00|
|1976 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series Diesel||2||$14,950.00|
|1969 Land Rover Other||14||$44,900.00|
|1974 Land Rover Other||12||$US $7,700.00|
|1973 Land Rover Range Rover Desert racer||12||$US $30,100.00|
|1973 Land Rover Range Rover||10||$68,000.00|
|1962 Land Rover Other 88 RHD||4||$US $6,100.00|
|1977 Land Rover Defender --||16||$14,998.00|
|1962 Replica/Kit Makes||9||$22,000.00|