1958 Austin-Healey Frogeye Sprite
Sale price: £18,000.00 make an offer
Last update: 13.10.2016
Technical specifications, photos and description:
Here for sale is my 1958 frogeye sprite. which I purchased in Jan 2015. having been recently reimported from South Africa where it had spent its entire life. Insurance agreed value is £25k.
Information on the car is below:
- 1958 car (AN5\3009). Fully restored in South Africa with photos to prove. Built July 1958.
- Original 948cc engine (matches heritage cert) now on 1 1/4 twin carbs. (develops 56bhp).
- New gearbox fitted (smoothcase externally. but with 1275 internals for improved synchromesh etc)
- New 3-piece clutch.
- MOT until 2017.
- Correct early steel bonnet.
- Drums all round.
- Fitted replacement good condition hubs to front.
- New front wheel bearings (correct radius type from BNOS Meditech so no shims needed)
- Everything hydraulic replaced. new 7/8 Master Cylinder and all wheel cylinders. new clutch slave cylinder. new brake shoes and flexible hoses all round.
- Original 15 leaf rear springs reconditioned by Brost Forge London.
- Accuspark electronic ignition fitted.
- Halogen headlights fitted.
- Remote slave bleed kit fitted in engine bay. no more scrabbling around in the footwell!
- Still on dynamo with a dynamo driven rev counter.
- New shock absorbers all round.
- New drums all round.
- New windscreen glass and frame.
- New hood and sidescreens and storage bag.
- New speedo. rev counter and fuel gauge.
- New fuel tank sender.
- Alloy rocker cover fitted.
The car doesn't have a heater. windscreen washers or seatbelts fitted. (as it left the factory).
Other items that could go with the car by separate negotiation:
- Original steering wheel and horn push.
- Spare pair of drum brake stub axles.
- 4 original wheels. painted and ready to be used.
- 3 pairs of drum brake hubs (condition unknown).
- Smoothcase gearbox. in need of rebuild.
- Spare windscreen with good glass.
- Original rocker cover.
- Original brass topped 1 1/8 carbs and manifold inc air filters.
- Spare pair of front springs (BNIB)
All offers considered. Any questions. please ask. or call on 07914207182. Cash on collection only.
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Vauxhall cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £70,000.001983 Rolls Royce Corniche Convertible LHD
price: £14,995.00VOLKSWAGEN CAMPER T2 ONLY 66.000 MILES TAX EXEMPT ORANGE/WHITE PETROL
price: £21,100.001960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider California racer
price: £3,490.001982 X LAND ROVER SERIES 111 2.3 4 CYL 5D