Lotus Elan S2 Drop Head Coupe Left Hand Drive
Sale price: $17,187.00 make an offer
Last update: 11.07.2013
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||twin cam 4 cylinder|
|Transmission:||4 speed manual|
|Trim:||Elan S2 Drop Head Coupe Left Hand Drive|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Lotus Elan S2 Drop Head Coupe Left Hand Drive for sale
Lotus Elan S2. unit number 5175. first registered in California in 1967. I bought this car in San Francisco in 1979. and have owned it ever since. It has lived in California and Arizona. always garaged. Odometer shows almost 64k. I put about 15k of those on. Generally in good shape. Recent rear suspension doughnut (sprint) replacement. new tires. fuel pump. brake system rebuilt. Has very nice 26R style adjustable rear spring platforms and tubular elan sprint style exhaust manifold. otherwise stock. All insignia and badges are in very good shape. none missing. Interior very good and as original. Small cut in dashboard vinyl near bonnet release handle. see picture. Mild crackling of dashboard varnish. All gauges and knobs work. don't really trust the gas gauge thou. Original steering wheel in excellent condition. Some spares come with the car. I have all removed parts and they are included. A few small parts currently removed for cleaning. no missing parts that I know of.
· Low compression. about 60 pounds. I don't think car has ever had a valve job. I don't see oil smoke out exhaust. Car idles rough. but actually runs good when warm. I use it for coffee shop runs.
· Minor damage to body around edges of front wheel wells. as shown in pictures. There is a ding in the lip of the right front well due to tire contact at full lock. shop thinks due to spring sag. Small dings at front and back of front wheel wells are from a loose tie down job while transporting to Arizona from CA. Mild lumpiness in bonnet. and deck in front of boot lid. hard to see in the pictures.
· Door handle mechanisms worn. I open the doors using the inner levers.
· Some electrical issues. however headlights and gauges work well.
· Soft top is complete but original rear window. very yellowed.
Questions? Call me at 602-318-5908. This is a beautiful late S2 that needs a new home with someone with the energy to take care of it!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Lotus cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $30,000.001965 Lotus Other
price: £13,750.00Lotus Elan S4 SE DHC Webber Engined 1969 Partly restored needs finishing
price: $19,514.00Superb Elan S4 Coupe, About as good as they get. Drives fantastically
price: $13,000.00Maserati : Spyder Cambiocorsa
|1961 Porsche 356 Super 90 Roadster||1||$355,000.00|
|1965 Morgan 4/4||21||$US $23,995.00|
|1962 Replica/Kit Makes Stalker Cars XL kit with one off body||4||$27,500.00|
|1967 Replica/Kit Makes SUPER "7"||7||$26,499.00|
|1975 Datsun Z-Series||21||$17,500.00|
|1966 Chevrolet Nova N/A||12||$29,995.00|
|1962 Plymouth Fury||21||$31,891.00|
|1967 Lotus Super 7||1||$26,500.00|
|1974 Lotus Other Europa||10||$US $8,100.00|
|1978 Lotus Esprit S1||21||$59,900.00|
|1985 Mitsubishi Other Technica||21||$5,650.00|
|1972 Lotus Super Seven S4||3||$22,995.00|
|1965 Ford Other||21||$US $10,100.00|
|1965 Other Makes||21||$163,400.00|
|1963 Replica/Kit Makes Lotus Eleven||21||$29,500.00|
|1988 Lotus Esprit||21||$19,900.00|
|1968 Lotus Other||21||$35,000.00|
|1969 Lotus Other Europa V8||15||$US $7,500.00|
|1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo Coupe 2-Door | eBay||21||$19,900.00|
|1964 Replica/Kit Makes Ford, AC, Cobra||9||$US $10,301.00|