1962 Land Rover 109 / 110 Safari / Defender
Sale price: $US $18,100.00 make an offer
Last update: 23.09.2016
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Model:||109 / 110 Safari / Defender|
|Transmission:||4 spd w Fairey Overdrive|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1962 Land Rover 109 / 110 Safari / Defender for sale
This is a very cool head turning Land Rover 109 Safari with a Defender 110 front end that was installed for the rebuild to provide more room for the Land Rover 200 TDI diesel engine. It is suitable for daily driving and will easily reach highway speeds. The records I have go back to 2002 when the vehicle was purchased from Liveridge British 4x4 in Earlswood. UK. It was then exported to the USA June 2003. GB Certificate of Permanent Export. as well as the MOT Test Certificate. customs certificate. and Colorado VIN inspection is available.
In 2004. it was rebuilt with extensive service records from Auto Tecnica in Nederland. CO.
Just a few of the items that were addressed include:
- Replace Master Cylinder and Pedal Box
- Replace Steering Arm and both Tie Rods (drives very straight)
- Transmission rebuild (shifts great)
- Rebuilt 200 TDI Land Rover engine and Defender front end installed apx 33 MPG on highway w less than 200 miles on it!
- Newer Defender tan leather seats installed front and back. High back seats are safer especially if you are hauling kids.
- Front seats are electric adjustable and are heated
- New. very well done Rino-liner interior and under the chassis.
- Galvanized frame so no rust whatsoever.
- Cargo area sliding windows installed
- Safari Roof Rack and Ladder like new
- Newer fully functional seat belts
- Newer Land Rover steering wheel w horn and light switch
- Power steering
- Fairy Overdrive
- Engine block heater and plug
- Cabin Heater
- Old Man Emu shocks
- engine compartment battery access (batteries are under seats but this allows the truck to jump or be jumped without taking off the seats)
- kill switch/key turns off all power so it can't be hot-wired
- lockable padded console box between front seats w radio compartment (no radio)
- Daylight LED interior lighting
- It is titled as a 1962 diesel.
- the paint is good for the year and looks original but there are chips and dings to be expected with a vehicle this age.
- there are no rear padded bench seats
- the Speedometer does not work but the odometer does.
I am happy to send more photos / detailed images as needed.
Here is the email I received from the pre-purchase inspection at Roadside Werx when I purchased it. The owner has restored over 20 Land Rovers (not this one) and replied with:"Hi Lance. Congratulations on getting the Safari 109”. It's a great truck! All the fluids looked great and topped off the last time the truck was at our shop (about a month ago). Also. the driveshafts look good. tires are close to brand new. exhaust is in good shape. The motor was actually installed using a kit from England by another shop but the install looks good. We have not serviced the transmission or transfer case. It does shift well though and transmission and T-case seem to be functioning well. The 110” front end was installed correctly. and all lights on the truck function. Electric seats work as well. Overall. its a solid truck. If there is anything you would like us to service please let us know. "
If you would like further information and I'll be happy to help.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Rover cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £3,500.00rover p4 105r 1958 very rare automatic mot & tax dec 2014 now sold
price: $5,500.0060's land rover series II A, British Military
price: £3,900.00GrpA ROVER SD1 Rally Car, Genuine Solid Roof Shell, Everything
price: £8,450.00Rover P5- 3 LITRE-MK3 -Auto -1966
|1974 Chevrolet Blazer||21||$US $2,275.00|
|1978 Land Rover Other||21||$US $500.00|
|Rover 90 Hot Rod Rat Rod||10||$7,000.00|
|1979 Ford F-150||21||$US $6,600.00|
|1979 Land Rover Series III 109||12||$9,999.00|
|1965 Toyota Land Cruiser ICON FJ40 Landcruiser||18||$175,000.00|
|1974 Land Rover Land Rover Series III Santana 88||12||$US $5,600.00|
|1974 Land Rover Defender Santana||12||$20,000.00|
|1976 Land Rover Defender SANTANA DEFENDER||21||$US $5,350.00|
|1974 Land Rover Range Rover||10||$US $5,200.00|
|1969 Rover 2000TC||12||$1,900.00|
|1964 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe||21||$21,900.00|
|1974 Land Rover IIa||17||$US $7,600.00|
|1999 Rover Mini Light Green and white roof and light green leather||12||$19,990.00|
|rover 1974 p6b 2200 sedan 4cyl auto rare english import suit jaguar triumph mg||10||$1,125.00|
|1958 Land Rover Series II||21||$12,900.00|
|1965 Land Rover Other Series IIA 88 - Outstanding||21||$29,500.00|
|1971 Land Rover Defender Cool Beach Car SEE VIDEO!||21||$14,800.00|
|1962 Willys Wagon||17||$44,950.00|
|1963 Land Rover Other||12||$12,000.00|