1959 MG MGA
Sale price: $28,000.00 make an offer
Last update: 21.09.2016
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1959 MG MGA for sale
Originally this was a Southern California Car. I have the British Heritage Museum Certificate and it is registered with NAMGAR. Car was purchased less than a year ago. but had not run for many years. From what I have learned. the original frame-off restoration was performed around 1991-1992. The entire frame is powder coated black and still looks brand new. It was in the same family since then. and passed down to other family members. The previous owner had moved the non-running car at least three times and no longer wanted to keep it running or move it again. . . and they were moving to the Southeast. We have replaced just about everything that was rubber or didn't work properly and had the gauges or other components sent out and reconditioned by MG experts.
After spending a lot of effort and money fixing up the car we decided to join the NorCal MG Owner's Club and enter the car into our first ever car show. We took 1st place out of 9 MGA entries! Just took 2nd place at another event.
Hate to sell it. would love to see it go to a great home!
- New Front Brake Rotors & Calipers
- New Rear Brake Drums & Complete Rebuild Kit
- New Tires & Tubes
- New Weber Carburetor
- New Front Springs & Shocks
- New Exhaust Gaskets
- New Fuel Pump
- New Core Plugs
- New Coil. Wires. Plugs & Pertronix Ignition
- New Engine Hoses and Belts
- New Fuel Gauge Sending Unit
- Negative Ground Conversion
- New Batteries
- New Generator
- New Halogen/Xenon Bulbs & Driving Lights
- New Hidden Bluetooth Amp. Sirius XM Mount & Speakers
- New & Rebuilt Gauges w/LED Lighting
- New Switches & Wiring
- Seating Foam Rebuilt
- New Front Chrome Bumper
- New heater core and controls - heater works great
- New Moto-Lita Wooden Steering Wheel
- Entire Car Wet Sanded and Buffed Out
- Hand Crank. Jack and Fire Extinguisher
- New Canvas Top & Tonneau Cover
Things that I would do if I were going to keep it:
- It drips a little oil. after driving. but that is typical for a car of this vintage. The next time it needs a clutch. I would have that seal modified and updated.
- Couple of minor paint chips need fixing.
- Replace front-end bushings. as needed.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $7,250.001973 MG MGB CONV.
price: £4,500.001979 MG BGT full nut and bolt restoration
price: £13,995.00MGB ROADSTER 72 RESTORED TO SHOW STANDARDS COVERED 4,000 MILES SINCE - STUNNING
price: $US $3,200.001967 MG MGB
|1971 Replica/Kit Makes||7||$US $200.00|
|1971 MG Midget Runs Drives 1.3L I4 4 spd Body Inter VGood||12||$7,950.00|
|1976 MG MGB Runs Drives Body Inter VGood 1.8L 4 Speed||12||$3,950.00|
|1969 MG MGB Body Inter VGood 1.8L 4 Spd||12||$7,995.00|
|1972 MG Midget||10||$US $3,950.00|
|1976 MG Midget||10||$US $1,000.00|
|1964 MG Midget||10||$12,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||12||$US $14,000.00|
|1951 MG T-Series||10||$21,600.00|
|1971 MG MGB||11||$US $7,500.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||12||$9,200.00|
|1977 MG MGB||10||$US $3,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series Princes||16||$US $3,900.00|
|1974 MG MGB Roadster 4-Speed Beautiful Restoration Superb Car!||12||$US $8,200.00|
|1977 MG MGB Convertible||7||$US $3,000.00|
|1973 MG MGB MARK III CONVERTIBLE||21||$14,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB Roadster||21||$14,900.00|
|1968 MG MGB||12||$US $7,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||3||$4,500.00|
|1955 MG T-Series||12||$36,900.00|