1961 Jaguar Mark 2
Sale price: $18,000.00 make an offer
Last update: 15.09.2016
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||3.8 liter 6-cylinder|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1961 Jaguar Mark 2 for sale
You are bidding on a 1961 Mark 2 Jaguar. It was originally a 2. 4 automatic purchased from Florida. so it has never been exposed to salt. The car has had a full mechanical restoration using a donor 3. 8 engine moss box and power lock rear axle.
The following work has been done:
· The engine has been rebuilt and rebored to 20 thou oversize by Abacus Racing. Almost all components in the engine are new.
· It has a new clutch pressure plate and clutch hydraulics.
· The front suspension has all new rubbers. mountings. and bearings. as well as coil springs and shock absorbers.
· It has an SNG Barratt-Vicarage. power steering conversion and pump.
· The overdrive has been completely refurbished by Quantum Mechanics.
· The drive shaft has been re-splined.
· The rear axle and differential has had all its bearings replaced and shimmed to original specifications.
· The front brakes have been upgraded to a Teves 2 cylinder caliper and all brake discs. brake lines. master and servo systems are new.
· It has a brand new main wiring harness and fuse box as well as an upgrade to 100 amp alternator.
· The interior has had an Barttlet kit installed a few years ago and the wood work has been refinished.
The car has a slightly older respray. which while looking very presentable. has blemishes as detailed in the photos. The car has no structural rust. but the two front floor boards have been replaced and the front sill has been patched. This was an OK job. but one can see that both sills are not perfectly straight where this was done. In addition. there are some bubbles of rust on the back doors. Everything works well in this car. but the radio is not connected. and the car has two slightly different tire sizes compared to the front and back. The wind shield washer is not installed as there is no space in the engine compartment (the washer comes with the car). and the otter valve is disconnected since the car starts fine without it.
This car drives very nicely on the road and its moss box is surprisingly good compared to most MK2s I have driven. This is none the less a 55 year old car and the future owner should take this into consideration when bidding. The car comes with a jack. and an attachment to remove the spinners. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Prior purchase inspections are welcome.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Jaguar cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $5,000.00null MKVII
price: £7,500.001985 JAGUAR XJS HE AUTO RED
price: £14,999.001988 Jaguar XJ-S 5.3 V12 CONVERTIBLE - 23,000 MILES FROM NEW
price: £4,600.00jaguar MkII 1961 Manual With Overdrive 3.8 New Mot
|1988 Jaguar XJ40 3.6 Litre. only 175klms on the clock..!!!||4||$1,400.00|
|1987 Jaguar XJ Runs Body Int Excel 4.1L I6 3 spd auto||21||$7,999.00|
|1963 Jaguar XK||1||$69,500.00|
|1966 Jaguar XK||1||$87,500.00|
|1974 Jaguar E Type --||12||$105,000.00|
|1949 Other Makes SALOON||21||$7,500.00|
|1966 Jaguar E-Type||21||$79,995.00|
|1963 Jaguar E-Type Immaculately restored 99.92 JCNA First Place Winni||12||$250,000.00|
|1963 Jaguar E-Type||21||$195,000.00|
|1970 Jaguar E-Type||21||$US $59,900.00|
|1985 Jaguar Other - hand built limousine as per Rolls-Royce||1||$57,000.00|
|1966 Jaguar Other||12||$27,500.00|
|1974 Jaguar E-Type V-12||21||$US $48,500.00|
|1967 Jaguar E-Type||12||$US $8,200.00|
|1967 Jaguar E-Type||12||$139,000.00|
|1951 Jaguar XK||12||$US $41,100.00|
|1968 Jaguar E-Type||18||$US $18,500.00|
|1959 Jaguar MK1X||21||$19,300.00|
|1971 Jaguar E-Type||21||$US $15,100.00|
|1968 Jaguar E-Type||21||$152,000.00|